Emerald break Rayquaza deck

nekoshounen

Just got a m-rayquaza but i only have one. Which other pokemon cards apart from electric circuit raichu (i also have raichu break) and trainer cards, i have a couple sky fields i should go for. I'm quite good at adapting my decks and making them work, my last 4 decks having over 70% win rate.

Thanks in advance

Edit: i want it to be a standard deck and was thinking ninetails barrier shrine ability could also be good

2 hoopa-ex, 4 shaymin-ex, 4 rayquaza-ex, 3M rayquaza-ex colorless from roaring skies 1 or 2 dragonite-ex from évolutions and that's most of the deck

It's a really expensive deck tbh. Getting the Rayquazas is not a big issue, but it's hard to play this deck without a playset of Shaymins and some Dragonites. If you could just flood the bench once and be good for the rest of the game it'd be easy, but people will replace your Sky Field pretty often so you'll be forced to discard. You aren't really safe anymore with Ninetales either thanks to Delinquent. What's gonna happen is that you'll lose your Sky Field and yiu'll be left with no way of replacing it.

Incidentally, how many Shaymins do you have? Maybe you could make it work with 2-3 Ideally you'd be using 4 in a M Ray deck, but 2-3 could work. 1 is too few and 0 is just too rough. It's too hard to flood the beblnch quickly enough without Shaymins.

I have 2 shaymins and 1 hoopa 2 skyfields 2 ninetails a hoarde of circuit raichus i also have ninetails ex and 1 dragonite + an army of ninja boys if that helps

I have 2 shaymins and 1 hoopa 2 skyfields 2 ninetails a hoarde of circuit raichus i also have ninetails ex and 1 dragonite + an army of ninja boys if that helps

Hmm ok, you could make it work with that. I don't know much about making a good Rayquaza deck, but the one extra thing I can tell you is that using Ninetales right now is somewhat risky. There are a lot of people who include a random Delinquent in their decks, and if they do that after you've set a Ninetales you will be losing on a lot of damage for the rest of the game. Rayquaza can only do so much if it gets locked into doing only 150 damange, so a better countermeasure would be to just run 3-4 Sky Field, try to keep it up for as long as possible, and if it does get removed, replace it immediately and use cards that allow you to recover pokemon from the discard to flood the bench again.

4 skyfield is a necessity for M ray.  Anything less you are risking a stadium war with any other stadium/delinquent, especuall parallel city which becomes an auto loss.  2 is just not enough.  

Dragonite has also become a staple in M ray to recover discarded bench pokes in stadium war immediately.  Also unown has become viable along with dragonite and draw support combo.

The main variable I have experimented with is the tech/combo poke to go along with M ray, which most viable options include Manaphy/water energy for free retreat, Magearna/steel energy for condition resistance, or Jolteon for zero retreat cost for starting pokes.

Heres a different and I would say more efficient Rayquaza deck. 3 Rayquaza line, 2 dragonite, 2 Hoopa, 2 Shaymin, 3 unown, 1 Manaphy, 2 buddy buddy rescue.

You will be enjoying this smooth deck and be able to maintain your extreme damage.

You will have free retreat and have your opponents on pressure at all times. Unless it's XY trevenant, no one likes it except the person playing it.

Archived