Question on TCG Database

arthurlgh90

Hi, I was looking through the TCG database for XY and noticed that there is a category called "XY". However, in the shop, there is no booster pack for XY. Why is this so? How can I get my hands on cards that are from XY? Hope someone in the know can help. Thank you.

XY is the base set for the X&Y expansion. The reason as to why it is no longer in the in-game shop is because the set is not Standard legal.

I've also noticed on the Database, if I set it to "Standard" it shows some cards that... well, are no longer in Standard? Haha

Older cards that have been reprinted in the newer sets are once again Standard legal.

Older cards that have been reprinted in the newer sets are once again Standard legal.

Yes I know that. But I mean things that aren't reprints. Like if I go search now for "Standard Legal" it'll show me things like... Darkness Greninja or Malamar EX etc, which according to TCGO aren't legal.

Yes I know that. But I mean things that aren't reprints. Like if I go search now for "Standard Legal" it'll show me things like... Darkness Greninja or Malamar EX etc, which according to TCGO aren't legal.

They have not updated it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how updated the database is? I tried searching for Caitlin for example and was not able to find it in the database although it exists...

Also, I noticed that there are many different booster packs that are available in the database but not in the online shop. Does the online shop rotate between different booster packs? Will i be able to get my hands on booster packs like Black & White which are currently not in the shop? How does it all work?

Does anyone know how updated the database is? I tried searching for Caitlin for example and was not able to find it in the database although it exists...

Also, I noticed that there are many different booster packs that are available in the database but not in the online shop. Does the online shop rotate between different booster packs? Will i be able to get my hands on booster packs like Black & White which are currently not in the shop? How does it all work?

They typically add new sets about a week after release, though it would appear they forgot to rotate the formats.  As for the packs available- the TCGO only goes back to HGSS, while online database goes to the EX sets.  However, the in-game shop only sells packs in the standard format (Primal Clash-Evolutions), except in special promotions.

Archived