Fighting Fury Belt and Mr Mime

IrregularGravy

I had Shedinja on my bench with Fighting Fury Belt and I got Giant Water Shiurukenned by Greninja. 1. Why did shedinja die? It took 60 damage but should have 70 hp??? Also I had both Mr Mime and Silent Lab out? How was Greninja able to use his ability and why didn't mime stop it? Was my opponent cheating?

Shedinja is a stage one Pokemon, FFB only works on basics, Silent lab only stops basic pokemon abilities so your Mr.mime got shut down. but that's not why giant water shuriken hit, Mr.mime doesn't stop abilities hitting your bench So no cheating was involved

Also, you played yourself here by using a Silent Lab. What you did was cancel your own Mr. Mime's ability, thus making it possible for Greninja to snipe your bench.

In general, Silent Lab should not be used on a deck with basics that use abilities with a continuous effect like Bench Barrier. Pokemon like Shaymin EX and Hoopa EX are fine because it's a one-time effect, so you can play them before you play the stadium.

Oh I forgot silent lab turns off my ability too but Greninja was still basic. He used Archie to bench Greninja then made him breaked.

Oh I forgot silent lab turns off my ability too but Greninja was still basic. He used Archie to bench Greninja then made him breaked.

No, the Greninja was not basic. Card Type is independant of the method through which the card was brought into play. Greninja has printed on it "Stage 2"; therefore, Greninja is a Stage 2 card for all intents and purposes regardless of whether it evolved from Frogadier or was placed by an Archie.

How is it that so many people don't know what FFB does when it's clearly explained in the first 3 words of the card's description?

Archived