I played against a tricky / extraordinary player

pokem10go

Dear support,

I played a game to increase in versus ladder. I played against a player which I don't want to reveal his/her nick. I was about to win the game then suddenly an unusual screen appered that I had lost.

A massage screen with flowers appered and a "... has won the game, thanks for watching" was written.

I was already suspicious during the game because opponent has two tropical beach card. At the end of the game she had 4 remaining prize card and I had two left.

Could someone explain the situation please? I'm sure that a had a lot of remaining cards on my deck.

Dear support,

I played a game to increase in versus ladder. I played against a player which I don't want to reveal his/her nick. I was about to win the game then suddenly an unusual screen appered that I had lost.

A massage screen with flowers appered and a "... has won the game, thanks for watching" was written.

I was already suspicious during the game because opponent has two tropical beach card. At the end of the game she had 4 remaining prize card and I had two left.

Could someone explain the situation please? I'm sure that a had a lot of remaining cards on my deck.

I would almost think you're kidding...  In fact, I would have to say I do think you're kidding about the flowers and the "thanks for watching" part.  If you're not, I apologize, but it just seems so impossible... It would either be one crazy easter egg (which this game has previously had none of) or somebody had successfully hacked the server.  Still, about the game ending early, there are a number of cards which can do that.  Which format were you in?  If legacy, it was probably the Lost World stadium.  Otherwise, there is a chance it was Slowbro's Walk-Off Homer.

I would almost think you're kidding... In fact, I would have to say I do think you're kidding about the flowers and the "thanks for watching" part. If you're not, I apologize, but it just seems so impossible... It would either be one crazy easter egg (which this game has previously had none of) or somebody had successfully hacked the server. Still, about the game ending early, there are a number of cards which can do that. Which format were you in? If legacy, it was probably the Lost World stadium. Otherwise, there is a chance it was Slowbro's Walk-Off Homer.

I wish I would take a screenshot. I play in extended format. I have been playing this game for more than 6 months and this is the first time that I encountered this strange thing. My opponent didnt play a lost world card ir she doesn't have a Slowbro. I am sure that the developers of this game know the capabilities of the software and I am waiting to be approved. I can write the player name here. I am really surprised.

• 1 month later...

After finishing my scizor deck i wanted to see how consistent it was so i used the test deck feature I went up against tyson and things were going pretty normal but then in the middle of the match i just lost but instead of saying "defeated" it said "tyson won" also i didnt run out of cards or anything like that and i was about to play a vs seeker before it happened. after is said "tyson won" then showed up "Thanks for watching" (I was a bit scared cause i didnt know what that meant or anything) then it took me back into deck manager. I tried to recreate what happened but i couldnt pull it off again. I was also playing hs-unleashed judge so i feel that might be apart of why it happened.

Please leave a post if you know why this happens

For anyone who is interested in what deck i was playing:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 8

* 1 Zoroark BREAK BKT 92

* 2 Zorua BKT 89

* 1 Zoroark BKT 91

* 2 Scizor-EX BKP 76

* 2 M Scizor-EX BKP 120

##Trainer Cards - 44

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 1 Lysandre AOR 78

* 3 Crushing Hammer EPO 92

* 2 Parallel City BKT 145

* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102

* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122

* 1 Super Rod BKT 149

* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

* 2 Scizor Spirit Link BKP 111

* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127

* 1 Pokémon Center Lady ******

* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140

* 3 Judge BKT 143

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

* 2 Enhanced Hammer ******

* 2 Mega Turbo ROS 86

* 4 VS Seeker *******

********** BLW 104

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 8

* 4 Metal Energy BLW 112

* 2 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

* 2 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is so strange... there have been a few reports of this already but no one knows what's the deal with it. Tbh this looks a bit too shady to be just an easter egg. I have a gut feeling that there are hacks involved here (which is still really strange because hacks are really rare to see in this game), but I have no way of knowing for certain.

EDIT: Welp, looks like I called hax too early xD But I'm glad to hear it was just a bug after all.

Hello Trainers!

Thank you for reporting this issue! Support has been aware of this issue for a bit now and is working to resolve it. I can assure you there is no hacking or anything like that involved, just a little game bug that happens every once in a while.

Thank you again for your reports!

Hello Trainers!

Thank you for reporting this issue! Support has been aware of this issue for a bit now and is working to resolve it. I can assure you there is no hacking or anything like that involved, just a little game bug that happens every once in a while.

Thank you again for your reports!

Thanks for the clarification.

My game appeared was against Mega Audino/Magearna EX in Expanded. Seemed to be a clone of the World Championship deck, for what it's worth.

Fascinating bug. Glad it's benign.

Archived