Complete F2P Account - READ

CompleteF2P

Hey guys, What's up! 

So I've decided that I wanted to create a challenge for myself and too see if this game can be completely played F2P.

So I've devised a plan to do so - Basically. I'm going to be using everything that TCGO Offers you at the start to construct a deck that I believe could work to play in tournaments and eventually win some tradeable packs - This may take me a while. But I'm determined to do so! Also gaining the F2P ex cards from the versus. I'll post picture here of updates; so you all can follow my progress ! Don't forget to add me in game (CompleteF2P) 

;D 

A lot of people never invested a cent into the game, so yes, playing the game free 2 play works without a problem. Especially with the ladder and the bonus wheel one can easily take the route of playing with Theme Decks, until the first budget Standard deck is affordable.

Good luck for your journey :).

Also a note: sadly you aren't able to post pictures here ( not even in-game screen shots) ~~

Hello my friend! Interesting thing you are doing here :)

Two remarks from me: you can't post pictures in the forums. I can definitely confirm that this game can be completely F2P.

• 2 weeks later...

in a TCG rather than a CCG then F2P players can keep up with pay for players pretty easy.

with most CCG games (lookin' at you hearthstone) there is -only- the option of spending time instead of money for f2p. it's a grind, no doubt about it.

with boosters, locked or not, in a TRADING card game, you could luck out with a pro deck from the free packs you get in your first signup days. so the grind of time instead of money is not guaranteed.

This game is very easy to f2p. I haven't spent a cent into this game and after an hour or two after starting this game, I was able to create a deck that is completely dominating the competition in standard and expanded events (haven't lost a game in around 6 events).

Good luck to you though in your adventure :D

This game is very easy to f2p. I haven't spent a cent into this game and after an hour or two after starting this game, I was able to create a deck that is completely dominating the competition in standard and expanded events (haven't lost a game in around 6 events).

Good luck to you though in your adventure :D

I just don't think this is realistic in standard or expanded.  Two hours in you have maybe 5 packs of cards at the most.  Could you post a deck list?

I guess the exception is if you are still in the new player MMR pool.

I just don't think this is realistic in standard or expanded. Two hours in you have maybe 5 packs of cards at the most. Could you post a deck list?

I guess the exception is if you are still in the new player MMR pool.

Ya sure. The way I did it was the deck that was made mostly had cards from the blue starting deck and the 4 regice where from 2 trades I did where I got 2 of them for 1 pack. I won one pack from my first theme deck event and the 2nd was a gift from another player in that event that I beat. Tbh it was more on the 2 hour side maybe even 3 (I slightly exaggerated).

I'm not saying this deck is incredible btw, it just has been doing very well and isn't undefeatable because I do have some loses.

I posted the deck list under deck construction.

Also I had no idea there was an mmr thing in events because I am facing against people with shaymins and hoopas :P (I guess they are really bad players)

Archived