Sun&Moon - Rotom Pokedex card

Oldschool1990

From Pokebeach (who translated this from a corocoro spoiler):

Rotom Pokedex – Trainer
Item

Count your remaining Prize cards, then shuffle them into your deck. Draw the same amount of cards and place them face-down as your new Prize cards.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

That thing looks decent.

Got your best cards prized? Reshuffle your prices up to 4 times in a game.

Hmm, I liked the card at first when I saw it too, but the comments I've read over in Pokebeach do make a valid point on this card being somewhat of a gamble. You risk re-prizing the same cards again, or worse, prize even more cards that you absolutely need. From what I can tell, this card would be good on decks that don't take prizes and have 1 or more cards they can't afford to have prized. So for example, I think Sableye Stall could benefit from running 1-2 of this card in case the Life Dew is prized. However, beyond that I think Town Map may end up being more reliable most of the time.

Still though, I thought it was an interesting card. I wonder which decks will end up liking this card besides the obvious mill/stall decks that would have no other way of obtaining prized cards.

Still though, I thought it was an interesting card. I wonder which decks will end up liking this card besides the obvious mill/stall decks that would have no other way of obtaining prized cards.

They def made this card to help greedy dice.

I tried to make the dice work but the coin flip kills any usefulness.

They def made this card to help greedy dice.

I tried to make the dice work but the coin flip kills any usefulness.

Oh right, I had forgotten about greedy dice. Hmm, maybe this could work nicely in expanded where you have more ways of burning through your deck. If you can reduce your own deck to less than 10 cards in 2 turns and then use the dex, there would be a very high chance of the dices being prized. But yeah, the fact that it's a coin flip makes it kinda useless :/

Archived