WHY are SERVERS constantly down

Shepolad

Hi,  I am based in the U.K and I would say the servers are down at least once a week.  Normally they stay down for 2 / 3 days at a time.

Is this normal,  surely in the age of Cloud server outages should be virtually 0%

What is going on ??

How do you expect them to implement new stuff at shop and perform Events' rotation without performing a server maintenance every Wednesday?

There are others things in life that you should have zero tolerance, get your facts straight.

Hello Shepolad,

It sounds like you are having difficulty connecting to the game server across the internet.

The Pokémon TCG Online has been up continuously, with our last outage being for maintenance on Nov. 16 down from 9 AM Pacific to 10:18 AM Pacific as per http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/48475-resolved-game-maintenance-nov-16-starting-at-9-am-pacific/

If you want to check if the game server is up or not, you can view the server status indicator on the web at http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/ At the top of that page is "Game Server Status" that shows the green "Online" bar, indicating that it is up.

If our support team can be of assistance troubleshooting internet connectivity issues please click the link in my signature and enter a Question with the details.  Thanks!

I have a problem with the current version of the game also. Whenever I first open the game and attempt to log in the percentage hangs at 8% for about 30 seconds before returning a message saying the servers could not be reached please wait a while before trying again. This happens every time. If you wait 30 seconds then try again it usually goes through ok. Perhaps this helps?

Archived