Best M scizor-ex deck discussion

hallseth000

Hello everyone. So what I have gathered from different people is that the M scizor-ex deck with garboder is one of the better decks in the game. But after playing a lot with my deck I havent won a lot and I have gotten less than 50% win over 200 games. So this is mine and I want input on it and add about what you have. Thanks!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Dragonite-EX EVO 106

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106

* 1 Cobalion STS 74

* 3 Scizor-EX BKP 119

* 3 M Scizor-EX BKP 120

* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

* 1 Trubbish BKP 56

* 1 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 2 Lysandre ******

***** DEX 96

* 3 Professor's Letter BKT 146

* 1 Super Rod BKT 149

* 1 Pokémon Fan Club ******

* 3 Scizor Spirit Link BKP 111

* 3 Evosoda XY 116

* 1 Pokémon Center Lady ******

* 2 Skyla BKT 148

* 2 Reverse Valley BKP 110

* 1 Switch ROS 91

* 2 Weakness Policy PRC 142

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

* 2 Mega Turbo ROS 86

* 2 Ultra Ball ROS 93

* 3 Professor Sycamore *******

* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 10

* 1 Metal Energy EVO 98

* 8 Metal Energy XYEnergy 7

* 1 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

well I do not play much standard myself, but looking at the list In order to help you... I would say, drop the dragonite ex, really not too useful in this deck.  Up the trubbish and garbodor line to a 2-2....1-1 is just too inconsistent.  Drop all but maybe one professors letter, drop all of the evo soda, drop the skylas....drop both weakness policy, and drop the DCE.  In lieu of the aforementioned cards; add 2 vs seeker, 2 ultra ball, 2 N, and 2 parallel city....Again I might even take out reverse valley and add another float stone and maybe another trainers mail and/or shaymin if that is an option.  I really don't play standard a lot but this is only my suggestion as if I were to play the list myself....hope you can find a good one, best of luck!

4x Ultra Ball, 4x VS, 4x N, 4x Sycamore, 2-2 Garb, 4-3 scizor ex, 1/2 Shaymin, 1 Hoopa EX, trainers mail, & lysandre are the cornerstone of the deck, fill in the rest & it should do you fine.

MScizor-Garbodor was the 1st new meta deck I builtafter rotation  and after playing a bit I have to say... it's not as good. It's actually an anti-meta deck, not a meta deck itself.

Said that, it's not the worst either but imo can't reach the level of MMewtwoEX Y, VolcanionEX, MRayquaza and others, no need to say it's an auto loose against any fire deck.

Now the good news: you'll totally destroy MGardevoirEX and Xerneas force decks, at least and with Weakness policy you can even beat Volcanion decks.

So far I'm also around a 50% W/L ratio with my last version of the deck  (in 25 games) and I have a version (that I copied from a battle for if any idea), rounding the 60% at the near to 400 games.

About the deck, it's based on disruption as, 120 damage a turn it's not enough to 1HKO almost nothing, so you need to remove energies, stadiums and so on to stay alive and hit a second time.

A 2-2 Garbodor line is needed for consistency. It's one of the needed parts of the deck because if you don't disrupt abilities, you run just a low-hitter EX.

I don't see DragoniteEX at all in here. A second ShayminEX (or even HoopaEX) would be probably a better choice but my builds are from before of the Evolutions release so... does it worth?

3-3 ScizorEX/Mega as you run is great, and Cobalion... I don't feel Cobalion it's a very needed card but as tech against Volcanion and a situational MewEX or similar, looks great. But that's all and 2 energies retreat cost doesn't help. Another I could recommend that fits is Jirachi (XY67 promo) if you have any in collection (if not, it's quite expensive). RoS Jirachi could be an alternative even it's not too great (2 energies to attack and retreating (+Pokémon Ranger) avoids the effect of Doom desire.

About trainers, 4 Sycamore 2 N (or 3 and 3 like you run) and 2 Lysandre is great. But you also need 4 Vs Seeker and 4 Ultraball, no brain. (4 spots needed). Cut the Fan club and the 3 Evosoda and it's done.

You'll need the 2 Skyla and 1 Center lady space for hammers. As we've told: Disruption. 4 Crushing hammers are in every MScizor deck. No Enhanced hammers as that's what MScizor does. Also switch the 2 Reverse valley for 2 Parallel city. Still more disruption. Any Team Flare grunt and/or Delinquent is welcome if you are able to insert them.

About energies, cut the DCE. Scizor (and Cobalion) can only attack with metal energies so I would just add one more basic instead.

It's very tight but if you can make some changes will (slightly) improve for sure.

I've a M Scizor deck too, it may not be the best variant at the moment but it's quite good.
I don't run garbodor cause when I made the deck I was tired of playing garbodor in any deck! (literally at that time I was just adding a 2-2 garbodor line in any deck! xD)
You can still do some changes and add it, i'm sure it will work slightly better.

Said that my list of card is:

Pokemon (11)

2 Shaymin
1 Hoopa
3 Scizor
3 M Scizor
1 Magearna
1 Cobalion

Trainer (39)

4 N
4 Sycamore
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Hex Maniac

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers' Mail
2 Escape Rope
1 Town Map
1 Crushing Hammer
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Super Rod
3 Scizor's Spirit Link
2 Float Stone
2 Reverse Valley
2 Parallel City

Energy (10)

4 Shield Energy
6 Metal Energy

Let me explain some things:

1) there are 2 shaymins just in case 1 is prized (or worst you started with it).
2) Magearna-ex is really usefull to get rid of many effects, even though it's not strictly necessary.
3) Cobalion is a great card for me, 120 base hp, 1 energy attack that prevents damage done from any base pokemon and 2 energies attack doing 30+ 30 for every prize card your opponent has got with a 2 energies retreat cost (0 with Float Stone). This is your trump card when things are not going good, and this is really helpful against regice Glaceon-ex deck (even if you should beat them with speed + weakness with Scizor/M Scizor only)!
4) N and Sycamore for draw power, don't be afraid to discard 1 scizor and 1 M scizor cause you're not going to play 3 at the same time!
5) Pokemon Ranger is quite a must against some decks!
6) Hex Maniac is usefull, but if you are using garbodor I dont think you need this tool.
7) 4 VS Seeker, 4 Ultra Ball and 4 Trainers' Mail are for draw power.
8) Town Map is not a must, it's just usefull if you are doing good.
9) Super Rod is really useful if you had to discard too many energy or pokemon cards, it also helps against mill decks (even if there are bettter choices to counter mill decks) and I don't see too many mill decks in standard after Karen was released.
10) Crushing Hammer and Enhanced Hammer are both good, the problem with Crushing Hammer is you have to deal with the coin flip while Enhanced Hammer is doing the same thing of M Scizor BUT it can target benched pokemons, both cards saved me in some matches but it's up to you to choose which and how many of these cards you want (I choosed 1 and 1 cause I've reached the 58 cards and only had 2 spots.
11) Float Stone is good to counter Lysandre and so is Escape Rope which also boost Scizor 2nd attack, is a free Lysandre and can be used to swap a Scizor/M Scizor with a Spirit Link.
12) Reverse Valley is not that good. Ok you have 10 less damage every turn, it's good but not so much. I think it's usefull to stall and set up early with Scizor first attack and some Shield Energy so you can get a bigger amount of damage reduction (10 from Reverse Valley + 20 from Scizor first attack + 10 for each Shield Energy = 40 with 1 Shield Energy...), later on almost any good deck 1HKO or 2HKO Scizor/M Scizor no matter how many Shield Energy you got.
13) Parallel City is really really strong. It literally destroys any bench based deck, not only the obviou M Ray, Raichu (and so on...) but also deck that requires 2-3 pokemons to work (Toxicroak Ariados, Raticate Ariados... basically any deck with Ariados/Hypno/Octillery/Slowking...) and it slows any deck that rely on Hoopa and Shaymin.
It's really good to get rid of your Hoopa and Shaymins discarding them so your opponent can't Lysandre and stall/get a free KO.
Do not forget that it's even better than Reverse Valley against water/fire/grass type decks with 20 damage reduction (even though you're still having bad times against fire type decks!)
14) Shield Energy is a special energy and that makes you susceptible to a lot of things and make you weaker in a mirror matchup, that said I still run 4 cause I don't think special energies fear too much this meta. This is up to you, you can still replace them with metal energies, it's not a big loss just 10 damage reduction,
each,
every turn.
Your choice.
(I'm a bad person, am I?)

I think I've covered everything, if you want to play garbodor I suggest to remove Magearna-ex and Hex Maniac for sure and 2 cards among these: Cobalion, Escape Rope, Town Map, Reverse Valley, Trainers' Mail.

If you have any question feel free to ask. :)

MScizor-Garbodor was the 1st new meta deck I built after rotation  and after playing a bit I have to say... it's not as good. It's actually an anti-meta deck, not a meta deck itself.

Said that, it's not the worst either but imo can't reach the level of MMewtwoEX Y, VolcanionEX, MRayquaza and others, no need to say it's an auto loose against any fire deck.

Now the good news: you'll totally destroy MGardevoirEX and Xerneas force decks, at least and with Weakness policy you can even beat Volcanion decks.

(...)

LOL, it was come and talk and, battle in game with my MMewtwo Y (I had a KO Psy daily challenge) against at least 4 or 5 MScizorEX decks IN A ROW, which btw are resistant to Psy so, it was quite hard actually and lost half of the battles or more.

I recognize, I had horrible hands. The 2 Garbodor prized same time, or Shaymin and Hoopa too, no supporters at all, no needed items in hand no matter how much times I Nd...

Still half a level below MMewtwo I think but MScizor can do it good for sure! And this lead me to 2 thinks: I need more speed in my MMewtwoY deck and, with all what I wrote+that games, wanting to modify a bit My MScizor deck and play it again (but as with the MMewtwo deck, probably will battle against all fire in a row; so funny hahah)

Any modification at your deck? :)

Thanks everyone and im kind of seeing what needs to be done. Now I think my interests will turn more towards a M mewtwo-ex y setup or a M rayquaza. But atleast for the Scizor-ex deck you guys answered most of my questions. And im starting to see the real problem with fighting fire decks because it is an automatic loss because if you add the weakness policies you are getting rid of the spirit links so its hard either way. Ill definitely get rid of the dragonite-ex and add more garboders

Thanks Again!

Here is my deck list for the Scizor Deck. I have won lots of Standard Tournaments with this deck. It's not perfect but it get's the job done.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Cobalion STS 74
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 110
* 3 Scizor-EX BKP 119
* 2 M Scizor-EX BKP 120
* 2 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Skyla BKP 122
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 2 Scizor Spirit Link BKP 111
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 N NVI 92
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Reverse Valley BKP 110
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Energy Retrieval AOR 99
* 2 Lysandre *******
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 4 Trainers' Mail AOR 100

##Energy - 10

* 10 Metal Energy GEN 82

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Archived