reasons why the upcoming giratina promo, should and should not be banned [READ WHOLE POST]

ahoodedman

the up coming promo is a basic, with the ability stop breaks from using ANY abilities from both forums, this has been getting mixed reactions, some people dislike cuz it ruins the brand new breaks [at least the good ones] and others like it cuz it can stop greninja and trev

some people are thinking it might see a ban for these reasons

1. Breaks are too new to be ruined now, at least wait a bit

2. It has no/bearly a counter, the only one is not able to work in most break decks

3. Its alot life shifty, an easy almost 100% win in some match ups

but these reasons are also important

1. its does not ruin every deck

2. its new as well

3. it at least has 1 counter

what do think do you think it should be banned or stay, or even a mix like, get banned until a few months. [kind of like beach in japan[ at least for a period of time]]

By counter do you mean Silent Lab? because that's definetly the one thing that Giratina can't do anything about, besides replacing the stadium but that's something that any deck can do vs any other deck.

I personally don't think Giratina is ban-worthy. Any deck can have auto-loss matchups, and so far no card has been banned for this reason (except maybe LTC, but think that the reason why it was banned is because it completely removed one of the 3 possible victory conditions, namely decking out). Shiftry did not counter any one deck, but had the notorious problem of being capable of Turn 1 wins before your opponent even got to play a single turn. Giratina isn't even really an auto-win against Break decks. The ones that do not rely on the abilities of their breaks or their pre-evolutions will be unaffected, while those that are will simply have to get used to running 1-2 silent labs as a tech.

I can see why people would think why Giratina would ruin the latest Break cards, but I really don't think it will be game-breaking.

the up coming promo is a basic, with the ability stop breaks from using ANY abilities from both forums, this has been getting mixed reactions, some people dislike cuz it ruins the brand new breaks [at least the good ones] and others like it cuz it can stop greninja and trev

some people are thinking it might see a ban for these reasons

1. Breaks are too new to be ruined now, at least wait a bit

2. It has no/bearly a counter, the only one is not able to work in most break decks

3. Its alot life shifty, an easy almost 100% win in some match ups

but these reasons are also important

1. its does not ruin every deck

2. its new as well

3. it at least has 1 counter

what do think do you think it should be banned or stay, or even a mix like, get banned until a few months. [kind of like beach in japan[ at least for a period of time]]

Yes and while we are at it, lets ban Mewtwo/garbodour, Rainbow Road and Mega Ray cause 3Op5Me

Also Beach is banned in Japan because its too rare for anyone to have in their decks in real life

Yes and while we are at it, lets ban Mewtwo/garbodour, Rainbow Road and Mega Ray cause 3Op5Me

Also Beach is banned in Japan because its too rare for anyone to have in their decks in real life

I don't necessarily think that OP was stating his reasons why Giratina should be banned though. To me it seems more like he was stating the cons (and the pros) that he's heard. I personally had never heard any talk about a potential Giratina ban, but if it really is going on, I'm glad OP brought it to our attention so that we can argue why a ban would not be justified.

I don't necessarily think that OP was stating his reasons why Giratina should be banned though. To me it seems more like he was stating the cons (and the pros) that he's heard. I personally had never heard any talk about a potential Giratina ban, but if it really is going on, I'm glad OP brought it to our attention so that we can argue why a ban would not be justified.

Forgive my misunderstanding, I just see so many "Ban this ban that" I just want to slap something

Like people thinking delinquent will be banned cause red card delinquent( I have yet to see this combo work) or nightmarch or the a for mentioned

But since it is not a "for ban" and a "not to ban" thread

I say ban giratina cause Mewtwo break is everyones nightmare and needs to be stopped

Forgive my misunderstanding, I just see so many "Ban this ban that" I just want to slap something

Like people thinking delinquent will be banned cause red card delinquent( I have yet to see this combo work) or nightmarch or the a for mentioned

But since it is not a "for ban" and a "not to ban" thread

I say ban giratina cause Mewtwo break is everyones nightmare and needs to be stopped

Don't worry man, I feel the same way as you do. I initially was going to type an angry rant about people ranting on OP stuff xd But luckily I realized before posting that OP wasn't suggesting Tina to be banned.

Oh but Mewtwo Break, that thing really is OP. We should totally ban it like we did with Shiftry xd

Don't worry man, I feel the same way as you do. I initially was going to type an angry rant about people ranting on OP stuff xd But luckily I realized before posting that OP wasn't suggesting Tina to be banned.

Oh but Mewtwo Break, that thing really is OP. We should totally ban it like we did with Shiftry xd

I appreciate your empathy towards the ban spams :)  And yeah I realised it after you pointed it out, Thanks for that xD

Finally someone else sees Mewtwo break is 4OP8ME and needs to be banned! High Five! :D 

Yes the new and upcoming Giratina seems interesting, as do the GX cards.  I am intrigued to see where the game goes from here...However I am not sad to see trevenant players be heartbroken...time to find a real deck with real strategy perhaps???

Yes the new and upcoming Giratina seems interesting, as do the GX cards.  I am intrigued to see where the game goes from here...However I am not sad to see trevenant players be heartbroken...time to find a real deck with real strategy perhaps???

Seriously xd Good riddance, I say.

Say, out of curiosity, how many times, in the history of Pokémon, can you guys think of when there were two completely separate forms of the same pokemon that were competitive at the same time?  Right now we have Lugia-EX and Lugia, as well as, shortly, Giratina-EX and Giratina BREAK.  There was also, after dragonvault came out, Rayquaza-EX and DrV Rayquaza.

Say, out of curiosity, how many times, in the history of Pokémon, can you guys think of when there were two completely separate forms of the same pokemon that were competitive at the same time?  Right now we have Lugia-EX and Lugia, as well as, shortly, Giratina-EX and Giratina BREAK.  There was also, after dragonvault came out, Rayquaza-EX and DrV Rayquaza.

Shaymin EX and Shaymin EX. yveltal and yveltal, volcanion and volcanion ex etc

So in short, you mean : ban everything good and stick with noob cards yaaay! That idea is awfully bad

Guys we don't need to take out our torches and pitchforks yet. I know the title isn't exactly super clear, but OP is not suggesting a Tina ban. He's just sharing the arguments he's heard from both sides and never really gave his own opinion on the subject.

Beach one day will be unbanned, it is only banned temporary.

Mewtwo and garbodor have many many many counters, ray and rainbow also have many counters

The difference of giratina it is only has 1 counter 

By counter do you mean Silent Lab? because that's definetly the one thing that Giratina can't do anything about, besides replacing the stadium but that's something that any deck can do vs any other deck.

I personally don't think Giratina is ban-worthy. Any deck can have auto-loss matchups, and so far no card has been banned for this reason (except maybe LTC, but think that the reason why it was banned is because it completely removed one of the 3 possible victory conditions, namely decking out). Shiftry did not counter any one deck, but had the notorious problem of being capable of Turn 1 wins before your opponent even got to play a single turn. Giratina isn't even really an auto-win against Break decks. The ones that do not rely on the abilities of their breaks or their pre-evolutions will be unaffected, while those that are will simply have to get used to running 1-2 silent labs as a tech.

I can see why people would think why Giratina would ruin the latest Break cards, but I really don't think it will be game-breaking.

Machamp could win turn one with only 3 cards, and by going first, shifty could be stopped by balty and other pokemon with the trait, and machamp was never banned, the main reason why shifty was banned is because it bringed back what machamp and all of those other donk decks did years ago, and they wanted to leave winning on your 1st turn, if you could still attack on your first turn shifty would not be banned.

The similarities are that both decks alike have a huge to almost instant win against some/most match ups 

So in short, you mean : ban everything good and stick with noob cards yaaay! That idea is awfully bad

I said reasons why it should and should NOT, please do not insult me for your blindness

does anyone else feel that greninja break and trev break are more banworthy than giratina promo?

Yes, @ahoodedman giratina doesn't have many counters. But do you really need a counter to a pokemon sitting on your opponent's bench and not even damaging your pokemon? i mean seriously, 2 lysandre hits and it's gone.

It's almost like saying i can't counter my opponent from drawing with unown+dragonite-ex. It's just a new playstyle added which adds more complexity to the game. Nothing blatantly wrong with letting them do it, simply because it hasn't changed from a benign strategy to something totally cancerous yet

i.e. what i mean is, just because anti-ex cards were released we shifted from exs. When anti-break cards are released, we don't blame the anti break cards, rather we adapt and shift to a new meta.

does anyone else feel that greninja break and trev break are more banworthy than giratina promo?

Yes, @ahoodedman giratina doesn't have many counters. But do you really need a counter to a pokemon sitting on your opponent's bench and not even damaging your pokemon? i mean seriously, 2 lysandre hits and it's gone.

It's almost like saying i can't counter my opponent from drawing with unown+dragonite-ex. It's just a new playstyle added which adds more complexity to the game. Nothing blatantly wrong with letting them do it, simply because it hasn't changed from a benign strategy to something totally cancerous yet

i.e. what i mean is, just because anti-ex cards were released we shifted from exs. When anti-break cards are released, we don't blame the anti break cards, rather we adapt and shift to a new meta.

Except what made trev and ninja BREAK good are the cards under them. Item lock destroys most decks while the trev with energy press is just OK. Ninja got lucky that both his cards were good for different reasons ( 30 + 60 bench snipe for old ninja while ability lock and energy pickup for free damage on the newer one) .

I figure like all new cards, we'll play with it for a bit then keep playing mewtwo, Darkrai, rainbow, and all the other non ability break decks. There's a lot so this card is small compared to the big picture that is Pokemon.

Archived