allergic shock is broken

ahoodedman

it says for 1 energy during your opponent's next turn if the defencing pokemon is attacked, it is ko'd, I run 1 of these as tech in beedrill, I attacked with shock, and the following turn switched into next beedrill, it should of hit for the 220, like it said, but it hit for 120 and I lost the game. My opponent did not do anything to cancel the effect.

I'm gonna make a quick test deck.  Be back in a bit. :)

Edit- could you be a little more specific about what the bug is?  What pokemon where you facing, what happened with the damage?

For clarity's sake, the text of the attack is:

(G) Allergic Shock

During your next turn, if the Defending Pokémon is damaged by an attack, it is Knocked Out.

This doesn't change the (possible) issue, but the OP has inserted the word "opponent's" when identifying the relevant turn.

We know how the card works but without telling us what happened, it looks like OP doesn't know how effects work. So we can't fix a problem that we don't have any background info for.

switching, retreating, evolving, or devolving your oppoent's active pokemon, or using pokemon ranger (supporter) eliminates the effect of prc beedrill's allergic shock. 

also, there are other things like the effect of magearna-ex's ability, twisted spoon (tool item), or wonder energy: they all prevent the effects of attacks other than direct damage. 

if none of the above factors were mentioned, then you may be right about suspecting a bug.

Archived