why does fright night play 1 copy of lugia ex?

ahoodedman

after seeing many lists when tournaments, I found that they all play 1 copy of luga ex, at 1st I thought it was for fairies but then saw it was 20X not 20+, and it can't stop zebstrika it shares the same traits. The only other reason is the hurricane, but it might be more helpful to have y cloyne at most times, AND it does less damage and it does not get buffed by reverse valley.

I am considering playing fright night soon, but I need to know the reason behind lugia ex, I know I must be missing something.

Every region, talking about irl tournaments, have its preferences... when something it's very played, born the counter, or the different way to make better the most played.

At the end, 20+ it's almost the same as 20+ (just 20 less). Lugia EX it's basically a colourless YveltalEX so fits in the deck very good. Also gets benefit of Y cyclone is Yveltal energies goes to Lugia.

About Lugia's second attack, it's not less than Y cyclone if an stadium in play, and use to be one. It's 150 and discards the stadium so that are 2 reasons. It's a KO in 210HP Megas if already 60 damage (that could be *Aero ball* with only 2 energies and the opponent's Mega with 1 energy. 20x3= 60; or with 80 damage or 90 damage if *cyclone Y* with Yveltal (20+(20x3)= 80 or Y cyclone for 90 when you know Yveltal will be KOed, to any up to 240HP Mega; and adding a DCE +150 so 60+150 = 210;  *80 it's 230* and 90+150 = 240. It's thought to be a final attack or something to KO a playing threat if you leave the opponent with a lot to set up in bench.

I can't think about any other reason :mellow:

Anyway, I hadn't seen so much LugiaEX since a while and it's not a card in my decks since BKT and BKP release (sets after Lugia's Ancient Origins release). Play-styles I guess.

Back starting in 2012, Mewtwo-EX dominated the format with an attack and HP identical to Lugia-EX's.  And then, just when it was going to rotate, they printed Lugia-EX.  It's basically doing what most people used Metwo for- quick damage when you can't set up.

To clarify the part when I say it's almost a "Colourless Yveltal" and referring to the part as Superstone said it's a quick attacker, that's it. It just attacks with a DCE which is faster. You don't need the dark energy like you need on Yveltal and that's probably the main reason.

To clarify the part when I say it's almost a "Colourless Yveltal" and referring to the part as Superstone said it's a quick attacker, that's it. It just attacks with a DCE which is faster. You don't need the dark energy like you need on Yveltal and that's probably the main reason.

I understand its a fast attacker, but fright night plays max, I understand the second attack BUT it is really worth the 1 spot, and it does not take bonus from reverse, the mega with 210 [or under] are beedrill and mewtwo, mewtwo will just damage change, and beedrill can retreat for free OR it can stun your mew/lugia, to me I do not think its worth the space, unless there is another reason 

And by less than y clone I meant less helpful

I understand its a fast attacker, but fright night plays max, I understand the second attack BUT it is really worth the 1 spot, and it does not take bonus from reverse, the mega with 210 [or under] are beedrill and mewtwo, mewtwo will just damage change, and beedrill can retreat for free OR it can stun your mew/lugia, to me I do not think its worth the space, unless there is another reason 

And by less than y clone I meant less helpful

the reason we suggest a fast attacker is because you want the majority of your max elixirs to go to your fright night yveltal. If you have a good build, it doesn't really matter, but it's all personal choice.

as for mewtwo damage changing off the damage, he won't simply because fright night does 120 damage to his side (60 to bench 60 to active) while he can only damage swap 60 to your side. It's a losing battle for damage swap (and also since yveltal fright night only gives up one prize, you can just attack another time leaving both active pokemon at 60 damage, meaning he can't swap. This results in him koing for one prize while giving up two)

i wouldn't say lugia is a better card than yveltal-ex, but for starting off the game (when you have a lugia up front) it's much simpler to just add a dce and start dealing damage than to try power up and promote a benched yveltal-ex. (plus yveltal-ex needs 3 cards to attack- the ex, energy and a elixir. While lugia-ex needs 2 cards- the ex and the dce. It may be weaker, but that's somewhat compensated in the speed with which you can get it out)

Archived