Trying desperately to get Shaymin-EX

JrShoe

I've been buying packs of Roaring Skies in droves trying to get Shaymin-EX for a few decks where it'd be highly useful, but to no avail. So, I figured I would try to make a trade here via the forums since public trades seem very highly limited on what you can offer.

In my collection I have a pretty decent portion of Mega Evolutions that I don't foresee myself using anytime too soon. I'd be willing to part with a fair exchange of them for anywhere from two to three Shaymin-EX. The list that I have available is as follows.

M-Blastoise x 1 (XY Evolutions)

M-Gallade x 1

M-Gardevoir x 1 (Despair Ray)

M-Glalie x 2

M-Latios x 3 (2x #102, 1x #59)

M-Venusaur x 1 (XY Evolutions)

I look forward to hearing from you all! =)

Hi There,

Just looking quickly your cards are worth as follows...

M-Blastoise 3 packs

M-Gallade 2 packs

M-Gardevoir 3 packs

M-Glalie 1 each so 2 packs

M-Latios x 3 (2x #102, 1x #59) 2.5 each for FA, 1 for RA so 6 Packs

M-Venusaur x 1 (XY Evolutions) 3 Packs

So in total you have potentially best case scenario 19 packs however i'd say somewhere closer to the 15-16 mark if you want to trade items at a decent price in a decent time frame.

The problem is that the attraction of your cards isn't quite like that of Shaymin EX, all of your cards are regular pack value whereas Shaymin is at ** pack value due to it's desirability.

So your cards worth 19 very best case scenario can be bought with 12 to 13 RoS (based on a 1.5pack value) however due to the desirability you'd likely get people only wanting to trade evolutions packs etc. However lets imagine you have 13 Ros Packs after trading all your cards for their market value.

Shaymin is worth 25** which offsets the RoS pack value to 1 so you would need on an average trade around 25 RoS packs to obtain a Shaymin EX.

So you're almost half way there, just make the best trades you can, hold on to your packs until you can buy a Shaymin.EX as pulling them is going to slow you down unless you get very lucky.

Hope I didn't come across rude in anyway but it saves you waiting in hope for a trade that isn't going to come.

Good Luck

Pretty much what Evolution said. I'd like to add only a few more points:

• I'll be hard to get a Shaymin directly by trading cards even if you have the right price due to how high-demand it is. So, it'd probably be easier to trade all of these cards in the public trade and only for ROS packs. The packs that you're missing you can obtain from playing tournaments. I generally find the matches in the tournament queues to be easier than the games in the VS ladder, so don't worry about using a Shaymin-less deck in tournaments. If that's still a concern, you can stick to playing only Theme tournaments and use a deck that's likely to net you wins (such as Crushing Current).

• If you're lucky, you can find a Shaymin in public trades for as low as 22-23 ROS. 22 is really hard to find unless you're patient (I found mine for 22, but it was the single 22 ROS offer), but offers for 23 are definetly more common, even if not super common.

Likewise, good luck finding that Shaymin.

Hi There,

Just looking quickly your cards are worth as follows...

M-Blastoise 3 packs

M-Gallade 2 packs

M-Gardevoir 3 packs

M-Glalie 1 each so 2 packs

M-Latios x 3 (2x #102, 1x #59) 2.5 each for FA, 1 for RA so 6 Packs

M-Venusaur x 1 (XY Evolutions) 3 Packs

So in total you have potentially best case scenario 19 packs however i'd say somewhere closer to the 15-16 mark if you want to trade items at a decent price in a decent time frame.

The problem is that the attraction of your cards isn't quite like that of Shaymin EX, all of your cards are regular pack value whereas Shaymin is at ** pack value due to it's desirability.

So your cards worth 19 very best case scenario can be bought with 12 to 13 RoS (based on a 1.5pack value) however due to the desirability you'd likely get people only wanting to trade evolutions packs etc. However lets imagine you have 13 Ros Packs after trading all your cards for their market value.

Shaymin is worth 25** which offsets the RoS pack value to 1 so you would need on an average trade around 25 RoS packs to obtain a Shaymin EX.

So you're almost half way there, just make the best trades you can, hold on to your packs until you can buy a Shaymin.EX as pulling them is going to slow you down unless you get very lucky.

Hope I didn't come across rude in anyway but it saves you waiting in hope for a trade that isn't going to come.

Good Luck

Sorry but with 19 standard pack you Can get 9-10 Ros and shaymin-ex in public is 21 ros

Sorry but with 19 standard pack you Can get 9-10 Ros and shaymin-ex in public is 21 ros

Yeah fair enough got my pack value wrong and was going on traders prices which are inflated...

Either way out of reach for the OP currently

I pulled one today! /cheer! =D

Okay, so...I'm really new to this game (the last time I played this game live, trainer Pokemon was a thing and the common theme deck was promo Mewtwo), so I'm going to ask a silly question. What does ROS mean? Is that the acronym for Roaring Skies?

Thank you for the responses. I guess that trades online are tougher to do than trades in person, since packs have more value (especially since the game is FTP) than cards for certain decks.

As far as necessity, my tournament deck doesn't need Shaymin. It runs very well without it, and I doubt I'd be able to find an effective way to fit it in. I run a Greninja-BREAK deck that I managed to build for really cheap (I pulled all four BREAKs and just traded a Steelix-EX and a Klinklang for the three Greninjas I needed) that can roll incredibly fast on a good enough draw. I've managed turn 2 wins with it, and it's win percentage overall is over 60%. And that's out of nearly 500 games (494 games, 298 wins). However, I feel that if I want to branch out beyond this one deck (which I would very much like to do, since I love playing different things) Shaymin could be highly beneficial.

But, one down at least! Thanks again, everyone!

Woow that's some ungodly good luck xd Congratulations man :D

To answer your question, yes, ROS is an acronym for Roaring Skies. Here in the forums you will almost always find packs referred to by acronyms (which usually involve their initials).

Greninja Break is a very good deck, so you can feel comfortable using it in tournaments.

Pull another quick! Congrats man.

I did the same as you, left the game for a while, came back and then pulled a RA shaymin from token bought pack, thought i'd get another and I pulled a FA Shaymin in the following pack. It took a while to sink in that i wouldn't have to beg, steal and borrow my way to get a couple of shaymins.

You guys might have better luck but I was a noob and 2 months in and I already had 2 FA shaymin from ROS. Then I got my first unlocked FA shaymin and sold and made M Mewtwo EX deck and many others. I started from nothing and very quickly I have almost all I need.

Recently I pulled another FA shaymin lol. I never had a RA shaymin yet or M Rayquaza (emerald break).

So I never felt the struggle to buy a shaymin.

Archived