Anyone know the exact date or time?

GameNVape

I believe it is 3 weeks from release date, which was the 2nd.  So that would be the 23rd.

I was thinking that too, so I double checked to be sure. According to the official post it's actually the 3rd friday, which is November 18.

Sorry, I should of stated, I meant on PTCGO, ive read in several places its the 3rd friday but also read its the 3rd week so totally confused lol 

Sorry, I should of stated, I meant on PTCGO, ive read in several places its the 3rd friday but also read its the 3rd week so totally confused lol 

Oh, don't worry about that. In the TCGO it's always legal upon release. you can already use Evolutions cards in tournaments. I'll try to enter a deck with EVO cards just to be sure and edit back here the result.

EDIT: rip, turns out it's also limited by the same rule. It's either the 18th or the 23rd like Super said. The notification in-game says 3 weeks upon release, so it's most likely the 23rd after all (could be the 18th since that's what the official post says. Maybe the text in-game is just not very clear).

Oh, don't worry about that. In the TCGO it's always legal upon release. you can already use Evolutions cards in tournaments. I'll try to enter a deck with EVO cards just to be sure and edit back here the result.

No, you have to wait for the 18th here, too.  Checked the official post and my memory. :P 

No, you have to wait for the 18th here, too.  Checked the official post and my memory. :P 

Yeah my mini experiment just failed so I realized that right now xd I edited my post to include that.

Now I can confirm 100% that the correct date was the 18th (today), since I just played against someone using cards from Evolutions in a tournament.

It's always 21 days after the release of the set including Promo cards, based on the US date of release, for any sanctioned tournaments.

TCGO Event/Tournament is considered sanctioned as it's Pokémon organized controlled.

Limited format events are not included, as the stuff is provided by the organization. Not sure if this means Theme decks can be played instantly in TCGO (because I don't play theme so I didn't tried).

This is from the official note released by Pokémon's Organized Play Director: Dave Schwimmer; but it's from 2014

All that means they should be playable the 23rd irl, and it seems they count the set released actually the 31st when the update was at the Online => the 18th.

OK, double checking it seems a lot easier according the Pokémon website:

"New expansions become legal the third Friday after they are released in the United States"

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-tcg-format-rotation-for-2017/

Archived