Hidden Collections: Glitch or bad planning?

Venohawk

A lot of people haven't been able to see their collections since one of the recent updates.  This might not be a glitch; the update may have made the game...too "advanced" for players' computers.  A lot of players might not have the right version of Windows to be able to do all that they want with the game.

I could be a bit off with this idea, but it seems like a pretty good possibility to me.

If this is the problem, I think something needs to be done for players who, for whatever reason, don't have what's listed as the minimum required version and might not be able to upgrade to that version.

I couldn't view my collection after yesterday's patch. Following the steps in the link below fixed it, and will likely fix it for almost everybody.

That being said, there's minimum requirements for a reason. My tablet no longer supports the app, so I can either stop playing on it or upgrade. That's what happens when you add more to a game.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/48292-cant-see-your-collection-steps-to-fix/?do=findComment&comment=529331

If the fix were really a fix, it would work.  I've tried it, and it doesn't work for me.  That's why I think the problem is something other than what can be fixed by uninstalling, clearing as much as possible, and starting over.  I think an upgrade of an affected player's computer is the most likely solution, but if a player isn't able to do that (reasons may vary), something within the game would help.

Another side effect of the wildly unpopular "Graphic Update" perhaps. 

PTCGO has never worked as well after they removed the option to "Disable Animations".

Another liekly factor causing numerous errors within the PTCGO is the move towards mobile gaming requiring the game to be ported from PC to Apple and Android operating systems - a cumbersome task for the dev/programming team - exacerbated by new cards/rules added every 3-4 months.

Archived