Missing the Third Games

GrewupGeek

Hey folks, not sure if I'm the only one feeling this way, but I'm really missing it when Pokemon games included a third game for the original versions, like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum.  Sure they were mostly the same story, but with plenty of extras, with it's own little twist in it, like the people who make the games are going almost all out from what they can't do with the original two, which is meld two versions into one, along with some of the version exclusive pokemon, and getting all three version specific legendary pokemon, into one setting.  While sure, Yellow is just as the same as Red and Blue when it comes to story, with just a touch of the anime to where you get Pikachu and all of the starters, and face the Team Rocket trio of Jesse, James and Meowth, even though they are pretty much replacing somebody, but other then that, just almost the same as the other two, although you are pretty much a bit overpowered with having three starters on your belt and Crystal, the main difference between that and Gold and Silver, is that you can get a Celebi and Suicune, but you still have to chase down the other two, mainly, no big difference.  Emerald was probably my main favorite, because you got to deal with both Team Aqua and Magma, along with getting a chance to get all three legendary pokemon in one game, with it getting its own story.  Platinum was okay, even though the main difference, despite the chasing a different legendary pokemon, is that, well, somehow, how the protagonist is dressed for winter.  With Black and White, thought there would be a Pokémon Grey, but instead, got Black 2 and White 2, where Nintendo is trying something new by making sequels, which I understand them trying to not stick to the same old routine, but when Pokémon XY came out, was expecting to see Pokémon Z, but now with Sun and Moon coming out, the likely of that happening probably got thrown out the window by now, with the first push being the release of ORAS, and since there probably won't be an extension of the next games, feels like I'm missing a bit of the routine I got used to when the franchise started out.  And Pokémon Rainbow still a mystery, along with the Pokémon game for the new Nintendo switch, well, a lot of questions and speculations are being left hanging.

Anyway, this is how I'm feeling, especially considering how the third games give you the chance to play the game with the other starter you never got to play since you played the other two in the other two versions, like balancing things out in a way, while the BW sequels upset the balance with the games, since there are four of them.  Sorry for ranting, in some ways, I'm wishing that I could still see what would be like the directors cut to the story, especially when they start adding a legendary to catch for after the main story, making you think that there might be a third game coming out.  Even would like to see Yellow, Crystal and Emerald get a remake, but that would be nothing more then wishful thinking now.  Well, this is where I stop before I spend the whole day whining.  If anybody feels the same way, nice to know I'm not alone, and if anybody intends to throw a few insults, trying to make themselves look big, well be ignored, and if they go too far, reported. 

I do feel the same way actually, Because in general the Third Games were always better .... Look at Crystal, Emerals or Platinum, I don't know why they stopped them.... maybe the tried to get more profit when they made 2 Third Games in Black adn White 2 and then they didn't even bother to make one for the X/Y games, We as players can never know what Nintendo is thinking ..... We didn't get Z, we didn't get Emerald remake and we're probably no getting Pokemon Dusk/Dawn/Star or whatever they decide to call it ....

PS: idk if I'm the only one but I think Sun & Moon and the 7th generation in general were a little rushed ....

I do feel the same way actually, Because in general the Third Games were always better .... Look at Crystal, Emerals or Platinum, I don't know why they stopped them.... maybe the tried to get more profit when they made 2 Third Games in Black adn White 2 and then they didn't even bother to make one for the X/Y games, We as players can never know what Nintendo is thinking ..... We didn't get Z, we didn't get Emerald remake and we're probably no getting Pokemon Dusk/Dawn/Star or whatever they decide to call it ....

PS: idk if I'm the only one but I think Sun & Moon and the 7th generation in general were a little rushed ....

It DOES seem like the gap between the sixth and seventh generation is the shortest yet. 

If you add ORAS to the mix, yeah it does in a way.  Don't feel much different then when compared to the gap between the original RBY and GSC on the Game Boy when it hit US, when it took about a year after the release in Japan.  Right now, Sun and Moon feels like Black and White, to where they are trying to throw in a bunch of new stuff into the next genereation.

I don't miss the third games, because I feel there shouldn't be!

They were like upgrades of the same games, but not anything special. I would love to see something similar to BW2. Same region with new areas to explore, different plot etc. Who wouldn't love to return to Kanto but live a whole new experience?? Like going to the same place 20 years later. So many new things to check!!

So instead of focusing on games that are just a better version of an existing one, they should try reworking regions all over, combining regions etc.

The good thing about Pokemon is that there are endless possibilities. Endless!! :)

Well, get ready, Sun and Moon is going to have a third game, with plenty of extras, but this time around, looks like this one well be for the Switch, with the game getting a more console look.

Archived