I have an idea! New currency in addiction to boosters and coins - cards pieces!

Yrkomm

Hello,

I have some game changin idea. I brought it from new card game - GWENT. This game are based on The Witcher universe and is in closed BETA i currently testing.

This game have some unique idea for crafting/getting cards  - card pieces. Player can delete some cards and get some card pieces, so he can get cards he wants for pieces from deleted ones. 

For example - one Sycamore giving 5 card pieces to us for deleting. FA Sycamore can be crafted for maybe 500 pieces. If we destroy 250 Sycamores we can get FA one. This is for example of course.

This engine can help in:

- Getting valuable cards for unwanted ones.

- Helps in clear collection from common cards with trade lock (i have 100 locked Pikachu's and i can't do anything with this!)

This system is though for trade locked cards only. 

Greetings!

I havent played the game u are talking about ......

but I assume it's a CCG, and CCG has different mechanism from TCG.

In CCG, since you can't trade cards, it makes sense to craft because it is possible to open hundreds of booster packs without getting the cards you want. However, in TCG, you can always get cards you want through trading.

And we all know that Emolga-EX has same rarity level as Shaymin-EX, so "Game Pieces" you get based on rarity would be a bad idea.

PS: I believe it should be "currency in addition" and not "currency in addiction" although some people may have addiction opening packs loll.

Hello,

I have some game changin idea. I brought it from new card game - GWENT. This game are based on The Witcher universe and is in closed BETA i currently testing.

This game have some unique idea for crafting/getting cards  - card pieces. Player can delete some cards and get some card pieces, so he can get cards he wants for pieces from deleted ones. 

For example - one Sycamore giving 5 card pieces to us for deleting. FA Sycamore can be crafted for maybe 500 pieces. If we destroy 250 Sycamores we can get FA one. This is for example of course.

This engine can help in:

- Getting valuable cards for unwanted ones.

- Helps in clear collection from common cards with trade lock (i have 100 locked Pikachu's and i can't do anything with this!)

This system is though for trade locked cards only. 

Greetings!

Heartstone already exists tho?

Meh... It kinda defies the spirit of pokemon.  I'm not for it.

i think the same, even though it would be good if we could do something with the locked extra cards...i don't know, maybe turn them into tokens? i mean...for example, each common card you "destroy" gives you 10 tokens, or some system like that, so you can collect more tokens to redeem more packs and get another chance to obtain the cards you want...

Card Crafting ..... Nice concept but it'll never work in PTCGO, others have already explained why ...
and despite the fact that it can be really helpful to get rid of the tradelocked cards it's not good for POKEMON per se, Trading exists that's the main reason; and well this feature can be exploited to infinity by certain players who have multiple accounts, even Public Trading is being tarnished by them, I don't think they'll pass on a feature like this.

PS: Eevry PTCGO player thinks that he/she has a Game changing Idea at least once a month man :P

This somewhat makes me think of the card parts for Construction Mode in "Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories".

This sounds like it could be good: you can get rid of your most useless cards (if you have at least a dozen of one card that you can't trade away, even if you're okay with using 4 copies, the other 8 copies don't do anything for you) and, with the card pieces, you still technically have to work towards getting better cards, just in a different way than what's available now.

Card Crafting...the reason it works elsewhere is because the really rare cards are super hard to get.  For instance, Hearthstone...I can disenchant 4 legendaries to get the legendary I really want.  The only problem is that I'm only guaranteed a legendary once every 40(!) packs.  Now that's rare.

Pokemon gives you a rare in every pack, and possibly two.  Red rares are not much harder.  If I could trade four Red Rares for a Set-Up Shaymin, I would be jumping on that like crazy because Pokemon has not been stingy with rare cards.  It's not apples to oranges.  This system would have to be super punishing,  Like 40 Red Rares to craft 1 of your choice.

I would like a system like this for locked cards, even if its 40 red stars for shaymin ex set up. New players aren't gonna get 65 packs per shaymin ex, realistically. 

You will not find any other TCG Online game that giveaway so many cards and packs for free.

Noy you don't like the free stuff you get?

If it was possible get Ultra rare cards that way, it damage the sale of packs.

There by the company will lose money...

- Free deck use code flashfire

- Get 36 packs by compleating trainer challance with 4 stars in each trainer.

- Get 12 wins with a theme deck from token shop and unlock 1 pack for same set.

You will not find any other TCG Online game that giveaway so many cards and packs for free.

Noy you don't like the free stuff you get?

If it was possible get Ultra rare cards that way, it damage the sale of packs.

There by the company will lose money...

- Free deck use code flashfire

- Get 36 packs by compleating trainer challance with 4 stars in each trainer.

- Get 12 wins with a theme deck from token shop and unlock 1 pack for same set.

i second this. No offense intended to anyone, but there doesn't seem to be a uniform way of keeping a crafting price. For example if you made shaymin-ex craftable for 40 rares, you can get around 50+ ss for shaymin, open them all and craft another one.

All the while, exs like seismitoad-ex will be unfairly disadvantaged

Even if we were to use say a trading company price and adjust accordingly, it means that it'd have to be updated regularly (something that would take a lot of time and effort)

I'd be up for the idea, but i really think you guys need to go more into the details and iron out the flaws before putting this out there.

Archived