Sign in to follow this  
KaiLaSo

What is the best or easiest way to get a lot of coins?

KaiLaSo

I am new so I am not so sure myself

jb29642

Completing daily challenges is a good start. If you have a complete Crushing Current theme deck that you start the game with and complete by winning matches in Trainer Challenge section, you can also try the Vs Ladder Theme deck challenge for even more coins. Sadly, since the new update, that theme deck is very strong, so since you are new and assuming that you don't have access to old theme decks or have very many of them, that would be the best deck to go with right now since a good 75% of players are using that deck and it simply just steamrolls over most of the other decks. It has taken some of the fun of playing theme ladder away but as long as you are using it on the ladder, it will put you on an even playing field with the majority of other players.

KaiLaSo

Completing daily challenges is a good start. If you have a complete Crushing Current theme deck that you start the game with and complete by winning matches in Trainer Challenge section, you can also try the Vs Ladder Theme deck challenge for even more coins. Sadly, since the new update, that theme deck is very strong, so since you are new and assuming that you don't have access to old theme decks or have very many of them, that would be the best deck to go with right now since a good 75% of players are using that deck and it simply just steamrolls over most of the other decks. It has taken some of the fun of playing theme ladder away but as long as you are using it on the ladder, it will put you on an even playing field with the majority of other players.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I heard from somebody online that you can play some mini-game to earn coin. Do you know how does it work?

Chasista

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I heard from somebody online that you can play some mini-game to earn coin. Do you know how does it work?

Go to the pokémon webpage and you'll find it there, in the "Play games" yellow tab.

I used to play a lot at the beginning, Zoroark puzzle in easy mode, getting 3 coins per game (or something like that) and it's around 15-20 seconds to end so you can do 3 per minute and get 90-100 coins in 10 minutes.

There's a limit of 500 coins a week if I can remember right. Also used to play "Sableye gem" sometimes because... I like it! But it's slower. They added new games so don't know if it's any other bfaster than Zoroark.

Have been a lot of time without playing because they start giving coins for playing cards. It's 1, 3, or 5 per match  + the bonus on the Fortune wheels if you win that can go 25 to 375 coins more or less. Also you grind the ladder and in middle stages they give you coins. They made some changes and not in the game now to check but something like: 25, 50, 150, 225 and 600, in addition to free cards (evolution lines, EX, FA supporter...) free chests, free packs...

First match of the day gives you 10 coins for play but Login daily gives you some coins too and a pack every 5 days so don't forget to enter even if you not going to play.

So at the end I didn't play mini-games at pokémon website anymore because the best way to get coins is now, playing TCGO!

edit: Oh and I forgot, get coins (35 and 60) with the daily challenges (do 1000 damage with a type, evolve 10 pokémon of a type). I use to take the evolution ones when it's bad choices (KOing too much with a type you don't have a nice deck) and it's still harder to make 1000 damage than to evolve 10 pokémon. You could even make a deck with stage 2 evo lines, Wally, Evosoda, Scoop up, devolution sprays... to just get the coins  :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 1

ahoodedman

I would say the VS ladder is the best way, it is not a bad idea to get the dailies, if you enjoy them then play them, and lastly I would beat the trainer challenge at least once per person, it is great to start of your game

Have fun

KaiLaSo

I would say the VS ladder is the best way, it is not a bad idea to get the dailies, if you enjoy them then play them, and lastly I would beat the trainer challenge at least once per person, it is great to start of your game

Have fun

It is pretty hard to win in VS ladder sometime ... I could lose 5-8 in a row before I win again. I am playing theme deck only since I can't win in expanded or standard at all.

SandaledOtter

It is pretty hard to win in VS ladder sometime ... I could lose 5-8 in a row before I win again. I am playing theme deck only since I can't win in expanded or standard at all.

Given that you get a coin or two when you lose, it's still a lot faster than the website games, since that rare win can give you many more.

Sakura150612

Fun fact (and a small teaser), it seems like the easies way to farm tokens is playing the ladder and winning games. I'm doing a bit of data collecting, and 67% of the Mystery Boxes I've opened so far have been tokens. The data pool is still really small (only 42 boxes so far), so this might not be entirely accurate. I'm planning to release my data when I've collected about 500 boxes, so then we'll know for sure, but up to here it does seem like the ladder gives mostly just tokens.

Oh, and lets not forget there is a small chance that the Mystery Box could have 375 tokens inside it (according to my current data, it's a 3% chance, but that estimate could be far from reality due to my small sample size).

SuperStone

Fun fact (and a small teaser), it seems like the easies way to farm tokens is playing the ladder and winning games. I'm doing a bit of data collecting, and 67% of the Mystery Boxes I've opened so far have been tokens. The data pool is still really small (only 42 boxes so far), so this might not be entirely accurate. I'm planning to release my data when I've collected about 500 boxes, so then we'll know for sure, but up to here it does seem like the ladder gives mostly just tokens.

Oh, and lets not forget there is a small chance that the Mystery Box could have 375 tokens inside it (according to my current data, it's a 3% chance, but that estimate could be far from reality due to my small sample size).

The 375 token chance has got to be less than that.  I've gotten a very small number of them ever, and certainly less than one every 33 wins.

Sakura150612

The 375 token chance has got to be less than that.  I've gotten a very small number of them ever, and certainly less than one every 33 wins.

It probably is. As of now it has dropped to 2%. Keep in mind this is the result of a very small data pool. Assuming no changes are done to the chances of obtaining each prize, by the time I reach the 500 boxes I wanted the %s should be pretty close to reality.

KaiLaSo

I didn't know you can get so much for a mystery box. The highest I got so far seem to be 100 tokens

Kitabdar

generally every two weeks i get a mystery box with 375 coins,

mostly ı get 8 or 9 mystery box every day,1/112 box my chance :)

KaiLaSo

generally every two weeks i get a mystery box with 375 coins,

mostly ı get 8 or 9 mystery box every day,1/112 box my chance :)

I get about 5-6 mystery box per day with coin ranging from 25 to 100 if I am remember correctly. I don't think I gotten 375 before so I guess I am pretty unlucky. Anyway for me , It is very hard to get 7 or 8 boxes :( since it is also very hard to win and sometime it keep getting the same box (Prize has already been obtained) Edited by KaiLaSo

Skeithe

Plz make sure to never waste coins on anything other than theme decks till there are no more new ones to obtain. 

Getting coins is fairly easy, versus ladder all the way.  90% theme decks battles as they are the most balance you will find.  Other types of versus arent bad to dabble in, but I find themed versus the most enjoyable so I dont get slaughtered.

I would also look for online info for good strategies using the decks if you are having trouble in versus.

I'm actually suprised there arent more discussions on using the themed decks......probaby cause this game is kinda easy to get the hang of.  Trainer challenge made that fairly easy.

Sign in to follow this