Error 404: Developers not found

Oldschool1990

And I thought they might be lying around somewhere (as always).

I even searched my basement, but no developers there either.

The last thing that has been seen or heard from the developers was a feedback for the 2.40 preview.

I remember, long long time ago there even was a "ask Mike"-thread.

With Mike gone, noone really cared to take on his role.

The amount of communication we get equals zero.

In the past Mods used to say stuff like "we will forward this idea to the developers".

Now the only thing they do is closing threads.

Not even the slightest sign of life has come from the developers and the players are left unsure if they even still exist or if they have discovered space-time travel and ascended into multi-dimensional beeings, way to exalted for dealing with ordinary stuff like the PTCGO-community.

Although we may not explicitly say that we will forward your feedback to the developers, rest assured that it is noted and passed on. I can't speak for my fellow moderators, but I don't say it only because to me it's pretty much a given. All feedback is read and considered, even if not directly responded to. 

Although we may not explicitly say that we will forward your feedback to the developers, rest assured that it is noted and passed on. I can't speak for my fellow moderators, but I don't say it only because to me it's pretty much a given. All feedback is read and considered, even if not directly responded to.

It's nice to know that all suggestions are read and considered, but I'm sure you understand as well why we players feel such a massive disconect with the PTCGO staff. I know that they can't tell us everything and that some of the unpopular desicions they've taken had to be done silently; however, the sum of all of the things that have happened that have left us scratching our heads makes us feel like we've been forsaken, regardless of whether it's true or not.

To be blatantly honest, the current biggest problem this game has is the lack of communication and not anything else. Just about all of the questionable desicions made by the staff have a reasonable explanation. Some don't, but they are not game breaking. I couls even get to accept the removal of the chat if we were told the real reason why it was removed. The closest thing to a straight answer we've gotten is what Samhayne wrote, saying that the majority of the player base did not use it and that thise who did were mostly toxic trolls. I do not doubt that Samhayne is telling the truth, but this doesn't explain why different options were not explored before going straight to the removal of the chat. There were SO many options; stricter filters, chat turned off by default, making it completely impossible for child accounts to acces the chat even if allowed by their parents, a stricter policy and punishments for misuse of the chat, etc. And even though we have a megathread with all of the major forumers and several other posters refuse the removal of the chat, Samhayne's response is the only one we got. It's gotten to the point that I feel Samehayne is the last staff member who still cares enough about us to take some time to throw a response or two and actually puts some thought into what he posts instead of giving us copy/pasted replies.

Now don't misunderstand me; this is not an absolute. This very response is proof of it (not copy pasted and shows concern for the community). But lets be honest, they are too few and far between. Many times we feel like the staff doesn't even read the threads and/or don't actually play the game, thus not getting a good grasp of our concern. Sometimes I see really simple stuff like a bug report of something that's clearly not a bug (FFB and Silent Lab not working on Evolved pokemon, for example [and I'm not making this up, I saw one like this around a week ago]) get a copy/pasted "reinstall the game"/"send a support ticket"/whatever, when the actual solution was much simpler.

Then add to this that we've lost some key figures that we used to rely on untill not so long ago. Mike left to never return and didn't pass the torch to anyone, so the one person who was here exclusively to deal with player feedback is gone. Mod Poplar is gone as far as I know (never saw a farewell thread or anything but she's been inactive for a while). I remember that, among other things, Poplar used to go through all the new bug reports each weekend and give reasonabke responses to each of them, on top of closing the ones that were resolved. And from time to time, on a regular basis, she would post in the feedback section at least a short "thank you for your suggestion". Right now we're sorely missing that kind of interactions with the staff.

I want to take this opportunity to call out to the TCGO staff to be more interactive with its community once more. This is, in my opinion, this game's greatest flaw at this point in time, more so than the chat canning, more so than any game breaking bugs, more so than anything else.

It's nice to know that all suggestions are read and considered, but I'm sure you understand as well why we players feel such a massive disconect with the PTCGO staff. I know that they can't tell us everything and that some of the unpopular desicions they've taken had to be done silently; however, the sum of all of the things that have happened that have left us scratching our heads makes us feel like we've been forsaken, regardless of whether it's true or not.

To be blatantly honest, the current biggest problem this game has is the lack of communication and not anything else. Just about all of the questionable desicions made by the staff have a reasonable explanation. Some don't, but they are not game breaking. I couls even get to accept the removal of the chat if we were told the real reason why it was removed. The closest thing to a straight answer we've gotten is what Samhayne wrote, saying that the majority of the player base did not use it and that thise who did were mostly toxic trolls. I do not doubt that Samhayne is telling the truth, but this doesn't explain why different options were not explored before going straight to the removal of the chat. There were SO many options; stricter filters, chat turned off by default, making it completely impossible for child accounts to acces the chat even if allowed by their parents, a stricter policy and punishments for misuse of the chat, etc. And even though we have a megathread with all of the major forumers and several other posters refuse the removal of the chat, Samhayne's response is the only one we got. It's gotten to the point that I feel Samehayne is the last staff member who still cares enough about us to take some time to throw a response or two and actually puts some thought into what he posts instead of giving us copy/pasted replies.

Now don't misunderstand me; this is not an absolute. This very response is proof of it (not copy pasted and shows concern for the community). But lets be honest, they are too few and far between. Many times we feel like the staff doesn't even read the threads and/or don't actually play the game, thus not getting a good grasp of our concern. Sometimes I see really simple stuff like a bug report of something that's clearly not a bug (FFB and Silent Lab not working on Evolved pokemon, for example [and I'm not making this up, I saw one like this around a week ago]) get a copy/pasted "reinstall the game"/"send a support ticket"/whatever, when the actual solution was much simpler.

Then add to this that we've lost some key figures that we used to rely on untill not so long ago. Mike left to never return and didn't pass the torch to anyone, so the one person who was here exclusively to deal with player feedback is gone. Mod Poplar is gone as far as I know (never saw a farewell thread or anything but she's been inactive for a while). I remember that, among other things, Poplar used to go through all the new bug reports each weekend and give reasonabke responses to each of them, on top of closing the ones that were resolved. And from time to time, on a regular basis, she would post in the feedback section at least a short "thank you for your suggestion". Right now we're sorely missing that kind of interactions with the staff.

I want to take this opportunity to call out to the TCGO staff to be more interactive with its community once more. This is, in my opinion, this game's greatest flaw at this point in time, more so than the chat canning, more so than any game breaking bugs, more so than anything else.

+1.

I'd think the forum moderators would face significantly less vitriol from the player base if the Developers would provide reasoning for actions taken to "fix" things that aren't broken and/or at least consider community feedback rather than simply tell the players to essentially "Go sit and spin!"...

this.

And I thought they might be lying around somewhere (as always).

I even searched my basement, but no developers there either.

The last thing that has been seen or heard from the developers was a feedback for the 2.40 preview.

I remember, long long time ago there even was a "ask Mike"-thread.

With Mike gone, noone really cared to take on his role.

The amount of communication we get equals zero.

In the past Mods used to say stuff like "we will forward this idea to the developers".

Now the only thing they do is closing threads.

Not even the slightest sign of life has come from the developers and the players are left unsure if they even still exist or if they have discovered space-time travel and ascended into multi-dimensional beeings, way to exalted for dealing with ordinary stuff like the PTCGO-community.

I doubt you will find any communication other than "Hello!" "Well Played!" "You have a good deck!" "That was close!" :mellow:  :lol:

sakura pretty much points out all of the important points here. I personally do miss mod_Poplar (in fact she used to be the one mod whose responses i used to like reading just because of how well she dealt with problems, and obviously attended to them)

I'm not saying that you all don't do that yourself (@mod_Alice) but the fact is that preset text insertions, repeated closing threads, a decrease in communication and (although this can be forgiven) simple mistakes in bug report responses make it seem like you consider us less of an ally and more of a job (thought i'd say a homeless guy coming to salvation army but that seemed too insulting there)

I just want to point out that 80% of the hate you guys face on the forums is totally unnecessary. Some people will be rude, but others have the potential to be friendly. You guys just need to become our friends. We're reaching out to you with this thread, and would be glad if you could accept our hand in making the forums and even the game a better place both for us and for you :)

We hear your frustration and I personally appreciate the respect you guys are displaying in this thread. TPCi, as I'm sure you're aware, is multifaceted. On these forums you interact with people from different departments (e.g. forum moderators and developers) so you will get a different level of information or even tone depending on who is responding. Additionally, each moderator and developer is a different person, and we all have our own personalities and style of writing. Some may be more laid back while others more formal. That's not a reflection on the amount of respect we have for the community, but rather an individuality thing.

I can sincerely say that we all care about you and definitely want you guys to have fun. As you can imagine, we're busy little bees over here and may not be able to find the time to interact with everyone on the forums as much as we'd like, but we do try!

On hindsight, I may have come off like I expected every mod to be like Poplar. I definetly did like to have her around and the work that she did, but I also respect all the TPCi and Mods that go the extra mile to interact with us as often as possible and to inform us of as much as it's possible as well. As you pointed out, not everyone is in possesion of the same information, and I know too that some information must be kept confidential.

Of course, I do appreciate the work of all the staff, although I do have an even greater appreciation of the staff members who go out of their way to better the community xd but I truly do appreciate their effort.

On that note, I'm really happen to see you here partaking of discussion and sending us a message of reassurement. I might end up making your job harder, but I'm glad to have you with us.

On hindsight, I may have come off like I expected every mod to be like Poplar. I definetly did like to have her around and the work that she did, but I also respect all the TPCi and Mods that go the extra mile to interact with us as often as possible and to inform us of as much as it's possible as well. As you pointed out, not everyone is in possesion of the same information, and I know too that some information must be kept confidential.

Of course, I do appreciate the work of all the staff, although I do have an even greater appreciation of the staff members who go out of their way to better the community xd but I truly do appreciate their effort.

On that note, I'm really happen to see you here partaking of discussion and sending us a message of reassurement. I might end up making your job harder, but I'm glad to have you with us.

+1 for this

No offense taken! It's actually quite endearing to hear you appreciated a moderator enough to miss them. 

Archived