Question to All Android Smartphone Players/Users!

Corbelle

I'll leave this here as a guide to get TCGO on your Android, as well as a question to anyone who already uses this trick. Ever since the last update, I've been unable to play TCGO on my own Android phone like I have since June. Has the Google Play Store finally blocked outsourced material from manipulating itself? I used to download KingRoot and Market Helper from their respected websites that include only their APK files. KingRoot would allow you to root your phone, and after doing so you could spoof any device to look like it is a tablet by using Market Helper, which is it's only use. Here's how the process should be done:

1. Download KingRoot's APK as well as Market Helper off of your browser.

2. Download the Market Helper app from the APK file before you do the same with KingRoot. Since they are both third party apps, you'll get a warning which only gives you a choice to decline their download, but if you click the tab saying "Details" it will give you the option to download anyway. Be absolutely sure to download Market Helper first before rooting so it registers immediately when you root.

3. Go through every one of your apps and clear their cache data, which is just memory that takes up space and does nothing, then restart your phone.

4. Root your phone(This may lead to a system crash so try to be quick about things. KingRoot is made by Chinese programers and is harmful to your phone's health and privacy so only consider doing this if you're ballsy. It is however, the only way to get the game on your phone, as well as other tablet games at this time.).

5. After you are absolutely sure that your phone is rooted and working, activate Market Helper and allow it root access. It should be working and you'll be able to spoof your device into a tablet. This will either give you a confirmation screen, or it will say your device configuration was not found. If it is the config acting up, then you'll have to unroot your device, delete both of these apps, factory reset your phone, (Make sure all your apps and pictures are on an SD card before the factory reset or they'll be lost forever. Trust me, it's not pleasant...) and start over from the beginning after resetting all your phone preferences.

6. If you got a confirmation screen, congrats! You can now go to the Google Play Store and download to your whim of tablet only apps. This is where I'm stuck myself though, because it seems that they have blocked this method, which would make this entire thread a waste of time... So if you already knew about all this, please give me some feedback of where I may have gone wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

7. After getting whatever apps you needed, mainly being TCGO since it is tablet only, unroot your device immediately. You can do this in KingRoot by going to the bottom of its settings in the app itself. This may restart your phone but it should be unrooted as well when turned on. Then delete the KingRoot app, which will also leave the Purifier app and another one with a lightning bolt. KingRoot is a crown, Purifier is a trident, and the third one is once again a lightning bolt. Delete Market Helper as well if you want, it doesn't harm your phone though but after you unroot it gets glitchy and unusable the next time you root and try to use it.

8. Once again clear all your cache and restart, then enjoy TCGO! But do remember, you'll have to repeat these steps every time there is an update or you won't be able to play it. It will simply close you out of the app.

I have no clue why they don't just release TCGO on smartphones since I myself encounter no kind of trouble at all. In fact the only trouble now is updating, which is their fault. The one thing I can think of is that someone may have a screen that's too tiny... But again, I hope I was helpful and I'd like to get some feedback on what I may be doing wrong, or if this process is just flat out blocked now. This is the most effective way of of doing it though so thank you for reading.

I'll leave this here as a guide to get TCGO on your Android, as well as a question to anyone who already uses this trick. Ever since the last update, I've been unable to play TCGO on my own Android phone like I have since June. Has the Google Play Store finally blocked outsourced material from manipulating itself? I used to download KingRoot and Market Helper from their respected websites that include only their APK files. KingRoot would allow you to root your phone, and after doing so you could spoof any device to look like it is a tablet by using Market Helper, which is it's only use. Here's how the process should be done:

1. Download KingRoot's APK as well as Market Helper off of your browser.

2. Download the Market Helper app from the APK file before you do the same with KingRoot. Since they are both third party apps, you'll get a warning which only gives you a choice to decline their download, but if you click the tab saying "Details" it will give you the option to download anyway. Be absolutely sure to download Market Helper first before rooting so it registers immediately when you root.

3. Go through every one of your apps and clear their cache data, which is just memory that takes up space and does nothing, then restart your phone.

4. Root your phone(This may lead to a system crash so try to be quick about things. KingRoot is made by Chinese programers and is harmful to your phone's health and privacy so only consider doing this if you're ballsy. It is however, the only way to get the game on your phone, as well as other tablet games at this time.).

5. After you are absolutely sure that your phone is rooted and working, activate Market Helper and allow it root access. It should be working and you'll be able to spoof your device into a tablet. This will either give you a confirmation screen, or it will say your device configuration was not found. If it is the config acting up, then you'll have to unroot your device, delete both of these apps, factory reset your phone, (Make sure all your apps and pictures are on an SD card before the factory reset or they'll be lost forever. Trust me, it's not pleasant...) and start over from the beginning after resetting all your phone preferences.

6. If you got a confirmation screen, congrats! You can now go to the Google Play Store and download to your whim of tablet only apps. This is where I'm stuck myself though, because it seems that they have blocked this method, which would make this entire thread a waste of time... So if you already knew about all this, please give me some feedback of where I may have gone wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

7. After getting whatever apps you needed, mainly being TCGO since it is tablet only, unroot your device immediately. You can do this in KingRoot by going to the bottom of its settings in the app itself. This may restart your phone but it should be unrooted as well when turned on. Then delete the KingRoot app, which will also leave the Purifier app and another one with a lightning bolt. KingRoot is a crown, Purifier is a trident, and the third one is once again a lightning bolt. Delete Market Helper as well if you want, it doesn't harm your phone though but after you unroot it gets glitchy and unusable the next time you root and try to use it.

8. Once again clear all your cache and restart, then enjoy TCGO! But do remember, you'll have to repeat these steps every time there is an update or you won't be able to play it. It will simply close you out of the app.

I have no clue why they don't just release TCGO on smartphones since I myself encounter no kind of trouble at all. In fact the only trouble now is updating, which is their fault. The one thing I can think of is that someone may have a screen that's too tiny... But again, I hope I was helpful and I'd like to get some feedback on what I may be doing wrong, or if this process is just flat out blocked now. This is the most effective way of of doing it though so thank you for reading.

thanks if I ever need to switch back I will use this

Everyone please be careful before taking advice like this.  If you do not understand the ramifications/consequences, don't do it.

Everyone please be careful before taking advice like this.  If you do not understand the ramifications/consequences, don't do it.

I reeeally hope they read everything fully and simply don't jump right in step by step. These things take time to learn and are very sensitive to some phones so hopefully they do the proper research on their own devices before trying. I took about an hour to explain everything in length and proofread so thanks for being self aware.

Archived