The direction of PTCGO

jcgss77

You may not know this, but though I am a relative newcomer to PTCGO, I have come to develop a love for the game.  

As a player of PTCGO, I am tired of feeling that the staff not only ignores us pretty much completely, but seems to implement changes which are in direct opposition to what we provide feedback for and request for the game which WE pay money and give our time for.  So now, on to my point for this thread.

The hidden VS Ladder.

You may be thinking to yourself, why does anyone care about that?

Well, if you start to put together the pieces that have been put into place over the last year, it paints a much larger picture.  The VS ladder used to be 760 points, and you won the FA card.  Then they changed it to 2000, quite mercilessly I might add.  Then they nuked the Unlimited format completely from VS play, instead of just banning the only card which people were complaining about so much, the dreaded Shiftry.

You may be saying to yourself, "So what dude?  What is your problem?"

Well, this is my problem-PTCGO is trying to force us to play this game more.  Before they hid the VS Ladder, people would look at the FA card, and only go as far up the ladder as they wanted, then quit playing until the next VS Ladder rotation.  And they got rid of Unlimited because many people who played on it quit playing, because of the extremely unbalanced nature of the dominant deck there.

So now, they can the chat.  PTCGO, I, for one, am sick of being manipulated.  I love this game, but YOU are all making this game more of a chore than a game.  You don't listen to us, and you certainly don't care that we are the customer.  Sure, you provide this client to us, but that is only because it is your job.  I am sure that there are some who work there who truly love PTCGO, but I don't know how someone who feels the way I do about the game can work for shady types for long.  My times between playing are getting longer and longer, and my days are numbered until I, too, will quit this game.  And I would have you know, it is solely because of your pathetic attempts to control me and my fellow players.  I, for one, see through the many ruses you throw up in a sad attempt to quiet us, and I truly beg you all to look at what is going on and provide a better experience for us.  Thank you for listening.

I agree with what you are saying here.

For chat, idk, maybe people higher up have to face some legislation issue and they don't want to get into troubles or something.

But what I don' get either is why they are making changes that nobody asked for ( ex: hiding versus reward, removing trophies from gameplay)

Btw, this hiding versus decision is why the "gents" thing even started.

I have to admit that it would be nice to see something run by us before implementation. I mean of course we would have made mistakes here and there, and in some cases we obviously wouldn't be given an option (due to the circumstances) but in general people wouldn't really find the need to complain.

I mean there are stuff like chat removal which people are assuming to have happened due to a lawsuit, but when some valid arguments (like allowing us to turn animations off) are ignored despite being such a hot topic of discussion, it feels like mods and devs are just looking at their agenda and not ours.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying mods and devs aren't doing a good job, but sometimes it just feels like we're ignored. A little acknowledgement (merely a line from the heart, not a paragraph or even a page from the pre-set text messages) would make us all feel a lot more valued in this community.

It is sad watching this game and it's many updates. There was no reason to change how the ladder was before the update. It wasn't broke ( now it doesn't display the visual correctly ) and all the other bugs that needed to be fixed get put on the "might do" list.

There's only so many excuses that can be made before it gets old and tired.

This is one of the times where you want to press the like button twice, you nailed it I too hate all of these changes, but sadly you are correct most of the time they do not listen to us, hopefully this post can change that

I do agree in some bits but those like the ladder, unlimited and animations, I have fully got use to them right now but the canned chat annoys me a lot right now. The new ladder system that hides ****** the ladder I don't really care tbh due to lack of available time to play atm.

The dev moderator do great jobs on several things here on the game but I do agree they tend to ignore us on important occasions especially on Nov 2015 outrage with the game animations unable to be turned off.

One year later and we still cant turn it off.

I wonder what's going to happen in 2017 game mechanic updates when sun & moon come out in February

Like always - they going make negative change (that most likely result in a negative improvements such as Nerfing)  and they will says "The game is moving forward as excepted"....

They already limited rewards given in wheel just to cause a larger gaps between people who have rights to play the game and people who don`t play that much.

I have to admit that it would be nice to see something run by us before implementation. I mean of course we would have made mistakes here and there, and in some cases we obviously wouldn't be given an option (due to the circumstances) but in general people wouldn't really find the need to complain.

I mean there are stuff like chat removal which people are assuming to have happened due to a lawsuit, but when some valid arguments (like allowing us to turn animations off) are ignored despite being such a hot topic of discussion, it feels like mods and devs are just looking at their agenda and not ours.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying mods and devs aren't doing a good job, but sometimes it just feels like we're ignored. A little acknowledgement (merely a line from the heart, not a paragraph or even a page from the pre-set text messages) would make us all feel a lot more valued in this community.

This is just the problem.  I would love to say that development and mods are doing a great job, but from what I can see, and what they say I can in no way say that, as there is no evidence.  Each update brings GUI updates no one wanted, sure they look nice, but they continue to break the game.  Then can the chat, for what reason?  Only they know, for us to never know.  I will not relinquish my distaste for everything concerning employees of PTCGO until there is something given back to us, the people who are the reason they even have a job.  I will continue to feel it is utterly mismanaged because they care not for us, the customer, just their agendas, whatever they are.  Again, we just don't know anything, other than they just want us to be nice little sheep.  Follow along now.

Archived