Entei and float stone

IrregularGravy

I was playing mega Blastoise. No yveltal or banette in play. But entei had 2 float stone 2 fire and 1 double colorless and when it retreated for charizard ex it kept the energy.

I was playing mega Blastoise. No yveltal or banette in play. But entei had 2 float stone 2 fire and 1 double colorless and when it retreated for charizard ex it kept the energy.

Float stone is an item card and it lets you retreat your Pokemon without Losing energies. Nothing too big.

No you don't understand. I know what float stone does. entei had two float stones though. dont they cancel each other out? ? ?

Why you have same item on pokemon it will be cancle ? I don't think it have rule about this. When Entei use 2 Fighting Fury Belt it have hp+80 atk +20 . If 2 float stone effect free retreat + free retreat = double free retreat it alway mean free retreat.

No you don't understand. I know what float stone does. entei had two float stones though. dont they cancel each other out? ? ?

Well, I've definetly never heard that one before, and I'm actually not being sarcastic here xd

There's no rule that says attaching 2 float stones makes them cancel each other. Effects in this game only do one of two things when multiple of the same are in play:

1) Stack, if they are stackable. Examples include most or all damage boosting effects.

2) Keep one of the effect if it's a unique effect, such as float stone.

Just for future reference, the only time something in this game will cancel is when it explicitly says so- and as this is not Magic and there are virtually no counter cards, that's not very often.

Before rotating from Standard to Expanded, Team Flare Hyper Gear was often played by some. Imagine 2 Jamming Net cards attached to an Entei, that would be a time for a big frown. I really hated the Head Ringer getting put on my Pokemon before I could get the tool I wanted there.

Another possibility for having 2 of the Float Stones is simply because he could.

Maybe he wanted to maximize draw support and just dropped the tool there.

In Expanded, you have Tool Retriever to return 2 tools from your Pokemon to your hand, allowing you to reclaim/redistribute the Float Stones as desired.

Also in Expanded, you have Xerosic than only knocks off one tool. Standard has Minccino (FCO 86) that also knocks one tool off in it's attack.

Entei is kinda screwed if hit by the new Beedrill-EX or the Expanded Startling Megaphone and Tool Scraper cards.

Those are just my ideas why the opponent may have used 2 Float Stones when its obvious that 1 would have been just as effective.

Archived