Sign in to follow this  
Theduct

4th Star?

Theduct

So I am new and everywhere I look for information about acquiring the 4th star in Trainer challenges are outdated. I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere on how to actually acquire the 4th star? I have used a single deck and beaten one trainer at least 10 times but still no 4th star, I've asked about getting new decks to get it but have been told there is no deck to buy. I am very frustrated by the lack of information on this game. please help.

• Upvote 1

kannu3618

Buy a new deck from the shop with coins.

ahoodedman

You should not be frustrated because you cant find information you just need to look, simply ask players in game if not do what you are doing right now, on the forums. Now for the question {This answer may not be 100% true I have not played trainer challenge in about a month and a half, but I asked others and this is what they said} you need to beat it with a different deck each time, so if you only have 3 theme decks you would need to buy one in the shop for 500 coins [i would pick the greninja deck, but what every has some cards that you need take that one too], tcgo takes lots of time to get used to, get cards, to know the meta and to even get "good" [know what cards to play a what time], if you give it time do not give up now.

And ALWAYS every day log in and get the daily reward [the flashing red ball yes ik what its called, but its censored] at the home screen] I gotten 60% of my cards this way, [before I got codes] your collection will build in time, many new players quit because they can't figure things out and quit over something like night march, [witch "gasps" can be beat [[n speedy deck etc]] or they can't get cards very well.

Give ptcgo a chance, I did and now I play competitively on it and in real life, and if I can do it I know you can to

Edited by ahoodedman

Theduct

Thanks for the responses. I didn't plan on giving up :) i was just fustrated by the lack of information. I tried asking in the lobby but i was just ignored which fueled my fustration. I was confused by the whole situation because along side the 3 theme decks you get I also had 2 others ( i am guessing promotional) and they weren't showing up. Thanks again

S130RG

I get what your saying, I'm still trying to get 2nd and 3rd stars. It just takes time I guess.

Sakura150612

Confirming what ahoo said. In order to obtain a new star you must beat the trainer with a deck you haven't beat him/her with before. With the old system you could use the same deck multiple times but overall took more games to complete all stars. The first two only required 1 game on the hardest difficulty but the last 2 required multiple games.

I think that new system is better and less grindy once you get used to it. What I can recomend you to do is to beat the first few stars with decks that have a harder matchup, since the difficulty increases with each star. Save your best decks to claim the fourth star (usually Crushing Current).

Also, do use the lobby chat but don't expect much from it. People use it mostly to throw around trade offers and it's very likely your post will just get lost in the middle. You'll have an easier time finding advise here in the forums.

Edited by Sakura150612

Sign in to follow this