TCGO works great on Ubuntu! Very grateful :D

Ads20000

Just wanted to say, it's not a supported platform, but the Windows version of TCGO (2.40.0.2865) works brilliantly with Ubuntu 16.10. Just use PlayOnLinux with **** 1.9.23 (64-bit - install TCGO manually with PlayOnLinux) and you're good to go! (Sorry about the asterisks, that's a program I'm trying to refer to but apparently it's a banned phrase!) I can give more detailed instructions but this may be off topic and just wanted to say how pleased I am that this works.

Pretty much everything works, it's very playable! Minor bugs though (will list more as I come across them):

- I think reverse holos aren't working well (you only see some small lines of holo, as it were)
- When you have TCGO behind another window, you can still hear buttons being hovered over as you hover over them with the cursor (but they're behind another window so that shouldn't happen)

Yes. It often gets a bad rep but, with that Linux distribution and version, that TCGO version and that **** version, on my computer, it works pretty much perfectly. Of course, since it's not officially supported and there's no native build of TCGO (**** is always something of a last-resort), when they update TCGO it may stop working in the future (though **** updates could get it working again) :( But hey, it works at the moment! :D

Archived