Legacy vs

666Ozymandias66

Hey

can somebody please explain to me, why there is like no chance to play a real game on legacy, because 95% of the players are giving up before even the coin is flipped?

Most of them are saying "Well played"

Yeah thanks. Takes no skill to win, because you give up.

What they are doing is called "gents" it's a way of grinding the ladder. What they do is whoever gets to the flip the coin "wins" it's so they can get more games in and grind the ladder faster. I don't know how you're getting so unlucky. I rarely run into gents players, but when I do, I'll take the free win. :P

That is good to get tokens and thats good for flips so where is your problem why you not going to tournaments like all those noobs do who dont like gents.

That is good to get tokens and thats good for flips so where is your problem why you not going to tournaments like all those noobs do who dont like gents.

Some of us actually like to play full games. It's called having fun. 

It takes like 5 seconds to get a new game. If they scoop quickly, cool, enjoy your free points. You'll run into someone wanting a real game eventually. 

What they do is whoever gets to the flip the coin "wins" it's so they can get more games in and grind the ladder faster

Spacyjapuar4114 what do you mean that i dont understand how to grind ladder faster if they give up ,no versus point taken,isnt that right

It's cheating in my opinion. I actually have fun, when I play. And 3 Weeks to fulfill the ladder isn't impossible.

spacy, it's annoying when you run into 20 ''gents'' one after another.

I only quit if i get a crappy start or see I dont have a chance. I hate when im tryin to complete challenges and people quit lol...they should put play chat back in so people can talk while playing. I am happy to work with folks and not quit or kill them fast if people are tryin to complete dailys no point ********* you in 2 mins if your just wanting to evolve 10 pokemon lol.

What they do is whoever gets to the flip the coin "wins" it's so they can get more games in and grind the ladder faster

Spacyjapuar4114 what do you mean that i dont understand how to grind ladder faster if they give up ,no versus point taken,isnt that right

They concede if they don't get to flip the coin, but you are supposed to concede if they get to flip the coin. 

It's cheating in my opinion. I actually have fun, when I play. And 3 Weeks to fulfill the ladder isn't impossible.

spacy, it's annoying when you run into 20 ''gents'' one after another.

That has never happened to me. It's not cheating, it's an agreement, 2 players will actually agree that they are playing gents by simply saying the phrase "well played". 3 Weeks to grind the ladder is pretty tough. Not all of us have enough time to play and win 10 games a day for 20 days straight. 

I only quit if i get a crappy start or see I dont have a chance. I hate when im tryin to complete challenges and people quit lol...they should put play chat back in so people can talk while playing. I am happy to work with folks and not quit or kill them fast if people are tryin to complete dailys no point ********* you in 2 mins if your just wanting to evolve 10 pokemon lol.

I would like to just take a moment to applaud our wonderful censor

so these gents players who ever get first flip coin other players concedes, so they grind other battles faster from what you are saying i understand this, is this correct

What they are doing is called "gents" it's a way of grinding the ladder. What they do is whoever gets to the flip the coin "wins" it's so they can get more games in and grind the ladder faster. I don't know how you're getting so unlucky. I rarely run into gents players, but when I do, I'll take the free win. :P

This is pathetic.  The PTCGO is a card game, designed to be played.  I can't stand pointless subcultures in games like this.  Things are already messed up enough as it is, and it already takes too long to find a player in Legacy.  This happens to me sometimes, but I just thought it was because of the wonky PTCGO servers.

I can't stand gents, and will NEVER do it.  Does that make me a noob?

It takes like 5 seconds to get a new game. If they scoop quickly, cool, enjoy your free points. You'll run into someone wanting a real game eventually. 

This is not so in Legacy format.  There are hardly any people playing it, because Genebi and RayEels have been dominating the format(in my opinion).  Legacy is tanking, and it takes at least a minute most of the time for me to connect to a player.  Have you ever waited to join a Legacy tournament?  Man, that is awful.

Wow and here I thought I was the only one, who actually plays this game and doesn't shortcut through it.

I totally agree with you. It takes time to find an opponent, and then it's a gent. It's annoying. And when you actually do find someone, who wants to play, he has the RayEels deck, which is perfectly annoying, because it's hard to beat, when you're in "deck construction"

I don't like those trolldecks like Nightmarch, the equipmentdeck, snorlax etc. I really like to play this game and like to create my own decks, not copy and paste one from other players, so that I have a chance at winning.

Wow and here I thought I was the only one, who actually plays this game and doesn't shortcut through it.

I totally agree with you. It takes time to find an opponent, and then it's a gent. It's annoying. And when you actually do find someone, who wants to play, he has the RayEels deck, which is perfectly annoying, because it's hard to beat, when you're in "deck construction"

I don't like those trolldecks like Nightmarch, the equipmentdeck, snorlax etc. I really like to play this game and like to create my own decks, not copy and paste one from other players, so that I have a chance at winning.

I agree with this Gents business being wrong and I have no intention of partaking in it, but I woukd advise that you give a second thought to your opinion on popular/meta decks.

You see, it's extremely hard to be original; not just in TCGs but in general. Almost everything that one can think of has already been thought, tried and thoroughly tested by someone else. Some time ago I was theorycrafting with a friend a super whacky Archie's Omastar with Aerodactyl and some other stuff to deny energies and some recovery for the DCEs. In the end I ditched the idea because it wall too troll and because Archie without compressors is just too inconsistent. Much to my surprise, a few days ago not only did I find a random guy playing that exact same deck but he also handed me my ***. I was playing with Rainbow Force too, which isn't exactly a pushover (energy removal does counter me but it should have been possible for me to win).

The point of this story? No matter how hard you try to make your own decks, someone else has already done it, and probably better than what you could have done yourself. If you don't see it too often, it's either a really obscure idea or it's just too inconsistant to use all the time.

Here's some more food for thought: balancing a game is a complete nightmare, even more so when there are SO many things to balance. With thousands of cards in existance (or hundreds if we limit ourselves to standard), it's really hard for any game developer to ensure they are all viable to a reasonable degree. Then there's the fact that the only two real ways of balancing standard is either rotating sets and adding new sets, so there can't be any direct buffs or nerfs for cards. Despite all of this, there are still a ton of different decks that are viable, each one to a different degree and with different good and bad matchups. Sure, there is Mewtwo, Giratina EX/ Xerneas, Greninja/Talonflame, M Scizor and Rainbow Road, but there's also the trolly but undoubtedly amazing deck I described above, Sceptile EX/Ariados, M Gardevoir (both), Alakazam EX variants, Mill Decks (durant, bunnelby and a couple of others), and so many others. They are all viable, even if not as dominant as the most popular one.

Now, I don't know about legacy since I don't play it, but since you brought up Night March (which is still played in Expanded and is still surprisingly good), I wanted to tell you what I think about it. Night March is not just a troll copy pasterino deck as you believe it to be. The base is the same for all variants, sure. You need to have 4 of each NM card for damage and to attack, as well as battle compressors for discard. But there is just so much room for variation, you have no idea. Do you play Puzzle of Time, Milotic, both, neither? How much deck space you want to commit to recovery? How much on speed? Do you run Keldeo with float stones to get around status? Do you use a different kind of recovery engine such as metal energies with Bronzong? Do you run Mew-EX, Mew FC, a mix or neither? Which tech cards do you include and how many of each? How do you deal with item locks and basic pokemon damage blocks? Will 1 Pokemon Ranger suffice or do you need more to be sure? Do you use ability blocks or blocking your own mews is too counterproductive? Do you run basic energies or manage with the 4 DCE? Do you play with a Vespiqueen variant or go full NM? Do you use Shaymins or so you want to take full advantage of having a non EX deck and not give your opponent the chance to Lysandre KO it for the last 2 prizes? If you do use Shaynin, do you run and AZ to recover it or a parallel city to discard it or do you yolo it and leave it in the bench? Is octillery worth using or are you already too pressed for space? Which tool removal cards do you want to run, since they each have their pros and cons (Xerosic, Megaphone, Tool Scrapper)? Do you run FFB, Muscle band, or a mix? Which Ace Spec do you use (Computer Search is not a no-brainer; besides being too expensive for some people, sometimes otger alternatives are viable. Personally, I think dowsing machine works like a charm in combination with the Puzzles of Time). I think you get my point...

The archetype may be the same every time but the possibilities are endless. There are as many different NM variants as people who play it. People who just copy/paste a decklist and use it like that all the time only stand to lose. One has to adapt each deck, original or otherwise, to suit one's own taste and your own strategy and preferences.

This is all not even mentioning that the deck is surprisingly strategical. It may seem that discarding everything with battle compressors and then doing tons of damage is mindless, but playing Night March correctly takes a massive amount of micro managment. You have to keep at all times in mind how much of your resources you've used, how many you can afford to use at any given time, and account for many unaccountable things. The inclusion of Karen also means that you have to be careful to not just burn all your battle compressors turn 1. If you discard everything and have no way of recovering your compressors even a Basic Red clone could beat NM with a well timed Karen. And this is when it really shows whether the player has experiene piloting different decks or if they are just warming up to the deck and don't know how to use it well yet.

Finally, everything I just said is applicable to every other deck that anyone has ever labeled as troll, OP or unfun.

I hope I have managed to convince you to revise your opinion. Sakura out :3

I dont mind folding early in the vs ladder cause who cares you just start over if you get a crappy start you lose nothing. Hard part is getting a solid consistent deck for the format to take into event tourneys would be fun to win some old packs but wow i get destroyed in no time flat.

Archived