Ditto ability not working - Resolved

naruto_tintin

Could you provide more details on the situation? Also, are you sure that there weren't any ability blocking effects or abilities in play such as Garbodor's garbotoxin or Greninja's shadow stitching?

Did you have the correct energy attached? To copy Yveltal EX, you would have needed to have attached on your ditto either 1 colorless and 1 darkness energy or 2 colorless and 1 darkness energy. If you didn't have any darkness energy that would explain why you couldn't copy the attack.

do i need to have same color of energy. because i used it in metal energy deck.

Yeah, I think I found your problem. If you don't have darkness energies you can't copy Yveltal EX's attack. You do need to have the same color of energy. So, the ability is working as intended.

so this card is useless now. better to play mew

Not really. Both Mew from FC and Mew-EX require you to have the correct type of energy as well. From hat I can remember, some of the few cards that allow you to copy an attack without needing the right energy amount and type are Zoroar BREAK and M Gengar EX.

i did used mew with rainbow energy so it worked

Rainbow energy works, but that's because rainbow energy counts for all the types of energies. That should also be true for Ditto. So if you play the ditto with rainbow energies it should work.

Archived