Copy vs Copy?

Cheeweiqwerty

I figure out somethings interesting in the game. In the EXPENSION FORMAT, somehow when the field of you and your opponent have the following pokemon in play.

your opponent field: 2 mega gengar ex .

your field: 2 Zoroark Break

What happen when you attack with ZOROARK BREAK (Foul Play) on your opponent MEGA GENGAR EX (Phantom Gate)?, Zoroark break use (Foul Play) to copy (Phantom Gate) as its own attack , (Phantom Gate effect, choose 1 of your opponent's pokemon attacks and use it as this attack). But the fact is your oppoent pokemon have in play are only 2 MEGA GENGAR EX, ( 1 on active, 1 on the bench ). Does the attack will success? if it does. it will become an infinity loops. ( Foul play ) copy ( Phantom Gate ) to copy ( Phantom Gate ) again, again and again. Hope for answer from player who actually experience.

maybe you are right, haha. in other trading card game these move treat as "illegal moves". if condition for "illegal moves" is meet, player are forbidden to play it instead going for infinity loops

Foul play would copy Phantom gate that could copy both Foul play and Mind jack.

If you choose again Foul play then yo go to copy Phantom gate again that come back to choose both again and yes, should be an infinite loop for one minute until your time ends.

Or you could just attack with Mind jack for 1 dark energy via Foul play > Phantom gate > Mind jack, instead of 2 required for the normal attack.and hit 80 as (10+30 for one in bench) x2 weakness = 3HKO MGengar EX if all remains without changes.

Didn't experienced sorry but it seems the (i)llogical.

If you use Foul Play, you copy Phantom Gate. Phantom Gate says it copies one of your opponents attacks. Your opponent is the one with only M Gengar in play, so you could only copy Phantom Gate and you would not copy Foul Play. You would be forced to keep using Phantom Gate until your time runs out, I guess.

Archived