Suggestion: Double the entry requirement and prizes for TOKEN/COIN-entry tournament?

BeastM

As the topic suggested, not sure if anyone brought up this before, but personally I think the current Token-entry tournament is a little bit inefficient.

Most of the time, I found myself getting more tickets in versus than token-entry tournaments using the same period of time (assuming the VS wheel reset)

Im not sure if this is good idea, and if not, I want to know the reasons why this is not a good idea. (things like market influence, overall profit for the company, fewer players will join tocken-entry tournament etc).

They do have 24 ticket tournaments somewhat regularly, save up your tickets for them.  I think for a while there was always one, and it rotated like the one that required coins to enter.

They do have 24 ticket tournaments somewhat regularly, save up your tickets for them.  I think for a while there was always one, and it rotated like the one that required coins to enter.

I know there are 24 (3*8) tickets tournaments once in a while,

but I`m talking about the tocken-entry tournament where you get tickets as prizes.

Sorry If I didn`t make this clear enough.

Are you saying there ARE tournaments that require something like 267 tokens (3 * 89) to enter?

BeastM, on 08 Nov 2016 - 2:03 PM, said:

I know there are 24 (3*8) tickets tournaments once in a while,

but I`m talking about the tocken-entry tournament where you get tickets as prizes.

Sorry If I didn`t make this clear enough.

Are you saying there ARE tournaments that require something like 267 tokens (3 * 89) to enter?

There is always a tournament that uses tokens as an entrance fee, where you get tickets as the reward for winning.

And there are tournaments which require 24 tokens as an entrance fee, for lots of packs as the reward.

There will never be a way to substitute coins for tickets. I am not sure if you have noticed yet, but development/management of PTCGO are doing their best to force people to play as much as possible. That is why tickets are given out at an extremely slow pace, and why the VS ladder FA card is now at 2000 points, it used to be at 760.

They also canned the chat, ushering, I believe, an environment where people ***** out matches as fast as possible so people will just play and grind it out. The truth to that opinion, who knows, PTCGO shares nothing with us, the customer.

There is always a tournament that uses tokens as an entrance fee, where you get tickets as the reward for winning.

And there are tournaments which require 24 tokens as an entrance fee, for lots of packs as the reward.

There will never be a way to substitute coins for tickets.

I`m sorry but I dont get what you said here.

To me, coins = tokens

and tickets = tournament tickets

And what do you mean by require "24 tokens as an entrance fee"?

If you mean "`24 tickets as an entrance fee" then I am not interested in that because my tickets never go above 20 xd... (sigh...)

Thanks for the info tho!

80ish tokens for a chance at 3 tickets is good enough. I don't see what the problem is. If you have too many coins, buy some packs or something.

I'm sure the point of the coin tourney is to get tickets to play the ticket tournament.

I`m sorry but I dont get what you said here.

To me, coins = tokens

and tickets = tournament tickets

And what do you mean by require "24 tokens as an entrance fee"?

If you mean "`24 tickets as an entrance fee" then I am not interested in that because my tickets never go above 20 xd... (sigh...)

Thanks for the info tho!

Sorry, when I was posting I had a lot going on, and misunderstood what you were saying.  I doubt they will increase the amount for tickets as to keep ticket farming to a minimum.

80ish tokens for a chance at 3 tickets is good enough. I don't see what the problem is. If you have too many coins, buy some packs or something.

I'm sure the point of the coin tourney is to get tickets to play the ticket tournament.

OP appears to be suggesting that the rewards for winning a Token tournament should be enough to (or at least closer to) purchase an entry into a regular Ticket Tournament.

When the cost of entry into tournaments was cheaper (4 tickets), a win of the coin tournament would typically net a player enough tickets to join in any ticket tournament (assuming they received at least 1 ticket from one of the prize wheel spins during said tournament).

The cost of entry/rewards for coin tournaments was never raised in proportion to align with the increased cost of the ticket tournaments, It'd make sense to have coin tournaments cost 178 (?) tokens and reward winners with 6 'Event' Tickets.

It will never happen though - PTCGO is determined to sell tournament tickets via Cash Shop (for an outlandish price that only an absolute fool would consider buying).

Sir, I know the point of coin tourney is to get tickets and then play the ticket tournament (I mean what else do you get?)

I`m NOT complaining about the winning ratio nor the token-ticket ratio, there is nothing wrong with spending 90 tokens for winning up to 3 tickets.

If you have read my thread carefully, you would see that I`m trying to say is that I think the time to ticket ratio is not efficient. I mean what is wrong of having a tournament that require 180 token to join and you can win up to 6 tickets? 

If you can get the same amount (if not more) tickets in versus, while you get to keep your coins AND you get to progress the ladder, why would you play token-entry tournament?

This is your opinion, but I'm siding with the OP on this one. His point (which everyone seems to be missing) is you can earn more tickets off the versus wheel for free in a shorter time period than you're paying tokens to play in the 89 token tournament. Therefore it is illogical to play the 89 token tournament ... you're better off just farming the versus wheel for free tickets.

The OP's suggestion is to make it 267 tokens to play the tourney, but give 9 tickets to the winner. This would make the tournament make sense from a time/effort standpoint. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the OP's suggestion, just trying to explain what I think he's getting at as everyone seems to be missing it.

Personally I think the 89 token tourney looks like a rip off, but that's just me apparently as most (including the OP) seem okay with the ratio of paying 89 tokens for a chance to win 3 tickets. For me, tokens are worth much more than that kind of gamble as I can save and buy a package from the shop, a theme deck or a pack of Roaring Skies.

If you have read my thread carefully

Keep it classy... It doesn't seem like you explained your point well enough.

If you go down the "there's no point" route, there's no point to playing at all besides your enjoyment of the game.

The real way to get tickets was to obviously spend gems on them which we don't have.

I always figured between the bonus wheel and ladder, the tourney was a last resort way to get tickets.

OP appears to be suggesting that the rewards for winning a Token tournament should be enough to (or at least closer to) purchase an entry into a regular Ticket Tournament.

When the cost of entry into tournaments was cheaper (4 tickets), a win of the coin tournament would typically net a player enough tickets to join in any ticket tournament (assuming they received at least 1 ticket from one of the prize wheel spins during said tournament).

The cost of entry/rewards for coin tournaments was never raised in proportion to align with the increased cost of the ticket tournaments, It'd make sense to have coin tournaments cost 178 (?) tokens and reward winners with 6 'Event' Tickets.

It will never happen though - PTCGO is determined to sell tournament tickets via Cash Shop (for an outlandish price that only an absolute fool would consider buying).

I see what you are saying here, and thanks for the info!

But the devs do realize that the 10 dollars to 10 tickets deal is not very appealing right?

I mean,

For new players who just joined the game, they tend to have tons of tickets that they couldn`t care less, why would they spend money on "useless" tickets?

For experienced players, I`m pretty sure they know there are better ways to get packs (cheaper without buying tickets and then spend their time on tournaments).

So I really don`t understand who their target audiences are.

Keep it classy... It doesn't seem like you explained your point well enough.

If you go down the "there's no point" route, there's no point to playing at all besides your enjoyment of the game.

The real way to get tickets was to obviously spend gems on them which we don't have.

I always figured between the bonus wheel and ladder, the tourney was a last resort way to get tickets.

I`m sorry if I didn`t explain my point well enough,

and again, I did state that this is my personal opinion only, so if you don`t agree with me it`s totally fine.

It`s not like my opinions are facts which are 100% correct or anything.

But the devs do realize that the 10 dollars to 10 tickets deal is not very appealing right?

topkek, sir.

I'm absolutely sure they do not realize.

I like this suggestion. I think that even if the entry fee dobuled it still wouldn't be unpayable since most people are sitting on a mountain of tokens. I'd be nice if they made it so that they made the prizes for token tournaments start from 3 and increase by 3 per victory as well, so:

• 8th through 5th place earn 3 tickets
  • 4th and 3rd place earn 6 tickets
  • 2nd place earns 9 tickets
  • 1st place earns 12 tickets

This way, the average player will earn at least enough tickets for 1 tournament, those who finish dead last still earn half of what they need, and those who win 1st place will earn enough for 2 tournaments at once.

The entry fee can just be adjusted accordingly, although they might want to alter the ratio a bit. This is not what Beast was geting at but I do feel like 80 something tokens for 3 tickets (about 27 tokens a ticket) is a tad bit low. Maybe if they changed it to about 23 or so tokens a ticket for the 1st place prize I'd feel a bit more satisfying.

Either way, if I could at least get enough tickets for 1 tournament in Token entry tournaments (324 or so tokens with the current ratio, 288 with the one I'm proposing) I'd be great, and I'd also accelerate the process of grinding tickets a lot, so I could participate more often in the big tournaments (24 ticket entry).

Archived