What's Up With Foils?

PokeeZepp

Last night my card cache was cleared and now my foils are all super annoying with how crazy shiny they are.  Did this happen to everyone?  Was this change expected?

Ongoing efforts with foil effects have been going on over the last couple of releases.  Previously, it might have been hard to notice the foil effects and people had trouble telling why there were even two different cards for the same card in the collection until they realize one is the foil version and one the non-foil.

We continue to work on foil effects.  If you have specific card feedback, we'd love to hear it!

Ongoing efforts with foil effects have been going on over the last couple of releases.  Previously, it might have been hard to notice the foil effects and people had trouble telling why there were even two different cards for the same card in the collection until they realize one is the foil version and one the non-foil.

We continue to work on foil effects.  If you have specific card feedback, we'd love to hear it!

+1 for "too foiley" rather than not foiley enough. It was frustrating having to squint and move the mouse like crazy just to tell if it was a foil or not. Personally I don't find the very shiny ones annoying at all, I like it.

I think that for some pokemon and all energies, extreme foil is great.  However, I agree that this does go a little too far.  But it's a huge improvement. :)

Agreed with Countdown and SuperStone here, I think foils (effect) is not enough for some secret rares like SR VS seeker, SR dive ball etc. Also for dark pokemon in general

And +1 for extreme foil is great.

What I've seen of this change is mostly good.

The reverse-holo (I think that's the one?) is a bit heavy in smaller views, but all types seem muted in larger views, possibly too much so.

The darkness (and maybe fairy) effects still seem very light. Are all the effects replaced already, or... well, either the old effects could be cached, or they could be rolling out gradually.

We have only made effect changes to the most recent cards.  We are then working our way back through older cards in coming versions.

Again, if you have specific card feedback, please let us know.  Thanks!

I will get a screenshot when I get home, but Mew is really bad when on the bench.  It's like 5 or six waves of gold over it all the time.

1 big issue is the full gold an full silver cards in the game, reshiram, zekrom, and dialga.

previously there was a dark tint over the entire card, which allowed the art to be seen when the card is zoomed in... but in a recent release, this was broken and now you can't see any of the art in them. Would be great to see them again.

also, i think most people agree that energy should have extreme foil as they have less text so foil matters more.

also, the new evolutions cards don't match the real life foil effects at all. pokemon company did a good job mimicking the old galaxy foil effects that the original base set cards used to have, but these effects are not in the game at all. the galaxy foil effect is awesome and adds huge gravy points to the collectibility of these cards. is there any plans to add this type of foil pattern into the game so the cards can best mimic the real cards?

Archived