Ho-oh / Togekiss Deck Advice?

SuperLuigi231

So I made a deck based on Ho-oh EX as the main attacker with Ancient Trait Togekiss helping to add energy from the bench:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Ho-Oh-EX BKP 92

* 4 Togepi ROS 43

* 4 Togetic ROS 44

* 3 Togekiss ROS 46

* 1 Manaphy-EX BKP 32

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 1 Wally ROS 94

* 3 Professor's Letter BKT 146

* 1 Lysandre AOR 78

* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

* 1 Pokémon Fan Club ******

* 2 Energy Retrieval PRC 126

* 1 Super Rod NVI 95

* 1 Max Elixir BKP 102

* 1 Float Stone ******

* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

* 2 N *******

* 1 Weakness Policy PRC 142

* 2 Ultra Ball *** 113

* 2 Devolution Spray ******

* 3 VS Seeker *******

* 1 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 15

* 3 Grass Energy GEN 75

* 4 Water Energy BLWEnergy 9

* 3 Lightning Energy GEN 78

* 1 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

* 4 Fire Energy Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

But I'm losing almost 2/3 matches I play with it. Any advice on cards to add or strategy?

Nice concept, well done!

Why is not popular Togekiss at all? Garbodor rules the Meta. Then, you loose 2 out of every 3? Against...? You need to check if it's all against Greninja and MScizor (weakness) and Garbodor based decks (MMewtwo and so on) or if they got your Manaphy EX as an easy 2 free prizes, but you win all other decks. That means it's a good deck, just in the wrong moment. Other than all that theories, lets go with the deck.

3-1-3, 4-2-3, 4-2-4 Togekiss line with Rare candies seems more reliable. Rare candy it's still evolving from your hand. Jumping over the middle stage it's always good though you can't eliminate all the Stage1 (sadly). Try to adjust the numbers.

I would go with a more staple line of trainers:

4 Sycamore

2-3 N

2 Lysandre

4 Vs Seeker

4 UB

Those need to be there, no matter what.

I would cut the Wally (doesn't evolves from your hand so no ability) and the Pokémon fan club (it's like loosing one supporter turn, UBs, Level and other draw supporters should be enough).

A card that you may want in your deck it's 1 Energy recycler. It fits to make the round to your strategy and start again.

Another thing you loose it's the stadium war. Scorched earth could help you draw discarding the Fire, that you can recover with Energy recycler+Super rod+ Energy retrieval. One parallel city it's always good.

I didn't talked about Shaymin EX but... it's always a nice card to speed up any deck. 2 would be quite helpful.

1-2 Energy switch could fit also but would be on last thought as I already said a lot of things.

Probably not space enough for everything so, think about the right Togekiss line to adjust and maybe cutting some energy also, though not so much. I would do it one by one, trying game after game.

Wish you find anything useful above :)

Nice concept, well done!

Why is not popular Togekiss at all? Garbodor rules the Meta. Then, you loose 2 out of every 3? Against...? You need to check if it's all against Greninja and MScizor (weakness) and Garbodor based decks (MMewtwo and so on) or if they got your Manaphy EX as an easy 2 free prizes, but you win all other decks. That means it's a good deck, just in the wrong moment. Other than all that theories, lets go with the deck.

3-1-3, 4-2-3, 4-2-4 Togekiss line with Rare candies seems more reliable. Rare candy it's still evolving from your hand. Jumping over the middle stage it's always good though you can't eliminate all the Stage1 (sadly). Try to adjust the numbers.

I would go with a more staple line of trainers:

4 Sycamore

2-3 N

2 Lysandre

4 Vs Seeker

4 UB

Those need to be there, no matter what.

I would cut the Wally (doesn't evolves from your hand so no ability) and the Pokémon fan club (it's like loosing one supporter turn, UBs, Level and other draw supporters should be enough).

A card that you may want in your deck it's 1 Energy recycler. It fits to make the round to your strategy and start again.

Another thing you loose it's the stadium war. Scorched earth could help you draw discarding the Fire, that you can recover with Energy recycler+Super rod+ Energy retrieval. One parallel city it's always good.

I didn't talked about Shaymin EX but... it's always a nice card to speed up any deck. 2 would be quite helpful.

1-2 Energy switch could fit also but would be on last thought as I already said a lot of things.

Probably not space enough for everything so, think about the right Togekiss line to adjust and maybe cutting some energy also, though not so much. I would do it one by one, trying game after game.

Wish you find anything useful above :)

I think the main reason I'm losing is because I'm playing opponents with better strategy than me. Though I'm also losing to water decks (because of Ho-oh's weakness).

Rare candy, in this case, actually provides no benefit because of Togekiss's Delta Evolution. Actually, it would provide a disadvantage because the devolution spray would go all the way back to Togepi. I'm also not sure whether scorched earth would be good for this deck because of the relative rarity of fire energy. And I unfortunately don't have Shaymins.

But I will definitely use the rest of your tips! Thanks for the advice!

I think that 3 FFB and no prof's letter could help (if you're using Togekiss very often at all, which you definitely want to, the letters shouldn't be necessary.)  Also, you could probably afford to cut a water and fire energy to add consistency cards like trainer's mail.  Everything else I was going to say, Chasista already did. :)

I think that 3 FFB and no prof's letter could help (if you're using Togekiss very often at all, which you definitely want to, the letters shouldn't be necessary.)  Also, you could probably afford to cut a water and fire energy to add consistency cards like trainer's mail.  Everything else I was going to say, Chasista already did. :)

Thanks for the advice!

Archived