Silent lab not cancelling out Safeguard

ICEdaddy

I played a game using Beedrill-EX and toward the end of the game my opponent put up a Safeguard Carbink, that later break evolved to Carbink Break. I placed Silent Lab, attacked for the win. Nothing happened. Next turn, same thing, attacked, nothing happened. No damage, no effects. No nada. The next turn I played Hex Maniac, attacked, and it worked; I ko'ed the Carbink Break with Beedrill-EX.

Not sure the bug exactly, but this was obviously an annoying bug. Not sure why Silent Lab didn't work in this situation, but it was what it was. Thanks for looking into this.

Hello

If you haven't already, I would recommend reinstalling the game, or running the Refresher.exe program located in your installation folder (usually found in "%appdata%\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" ).

If this situation will persist I'd suggest that you send a ticket into the support team so they can investigate this matter further. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question". Thanks for your patience, and good luck!

Maybe I'm allowed to reply to this based on experience.

I use Silent Lab and Safeguard Carbink/Break in my primary deck. The simple answer to your situation is the understanding of Silent Lab. The Silent Lab Stadium prevents the Abilities of Basic Pokemon. Safeguard Carbink is a Basic Pokemon and in that state, it is effected by Silent Lab; however, when you "evolve" Carbink by adding its Break, it is no longer a Basic Pokemon and thereby no longer effected by Silent Lab. Using Hex Maniac like you did is one of the main ways for an EX to attack the Safeguard Carbink Break, the other is with Garbotoxin Garbador.

I hope that helps. :)

Ah. That explains it. Thanks so much for the clarification.

Maybe I'm allowed to reply to this based on experience.

I use Silent Lab and Safeguard Carbink/Break in my primary deck. The simple answer to your situation is the understanding of Silent Lab. The Silent Lab Stadium prevents the Abilities of Basic Pokemon. Safeguard Carbink is a Basic Pokemon and in that state, it is effected by Silent Lab; however, when you "evolve" Carbink by adding its Break, it is no longer a Basic Pokemon and thereby no longer effected by Silent Lab. Using Hex Maniac like you did is one of the main ways for an EX to attack the Safeguard Carbink Break, the other is with Garbotoxin Garbador.

I hope that helps. :)

Archived