******* EVO66 ability bug

Polyeidus

I'm not sure if this is a game display bug or if its a true ability functionality bug so let me describe the situation (sorry, no log retained)...

My active: Toxicroak - Steam 59

Stadium: Chaos Tower - turned so I cannont be Poisoned

Opponent Pokemon: Doesn't seem to matter (happened with two different opponents), BUT in a Poisoned status

Opponent Active Tool: Bursting Balloon (with both opponents)

No Abilities are being prevented by Pokemon, Stadium, or Supporter.

I play the Rat ta ta (Evolutions 66) from my hand to the bench and the Ability should discard (says I may discard all Pokemon Tool cards attached to my opponent's Active Pokemon) the Bursting Balloon. I am not offered an option to discard the tool, nor is the tool automatically removed.

-- First question: Is this a display bug or a bug with the card?

Now, I play the rest of my turn and finish by attacking with Toxicroak's Poison Jab. At this point, I do not receive any damage from the Bursting Balloon that is still present, but it is discarded when I attack.

-- Second question: The Toxicroak's Ability prevents damage by attacks from opponent's Active Pokemon that is Poisoned, so... Is the Bursting Balloon considered an attack from a Poisoned opponent and prevented, or was the Bursting Balloon 'functionally' removed (while not 'visually' removed) when I played the Rat ta ta to the bench?

If the Toxicroak's ability prevents damage from the Bursting Balloon if its attached to a Poisoned Pokemon, then I can save my Rat ta ta in my hand for another type of tool.

I am trying to develop a rogue deck for use in local league Play! and need to know how to handle this situation beyond the PTCGO environment. Thank you!!!

(Its pretty funny when the forum won't let me type the name of the Pokemon, hence the spaces in the EVO66 name.)

1) Rat's ability should remove the bursting balloon unless the opponent's active pokemon was specifically inmune to the opponent's pokemon abilities (ancient trait: theta stop) or your pokemon's abilities were currently blocked (slient lab, garbodor, hex maniac, Greninja's shadow stitching, etc).

2) No. Toxicroak's ability does not prevent effects from tools, as well as not preventing attack effects and effects of abilities.

1) Rat's ability should remove the bursting balloon unless the opponent's active pokemon was specifically inmune to the opponent's pokemon abilities (ancient trait: theta stop) or your pokemon's abilities were currently blocked (slient lab, garbodor, hex maniac, Greninja's shadow stitching, etc).

2) No. Toxicroak's ability does not prevent effects from tools, as well as not preventing attack effects and effects of abilities.

Sakura - Thank you.

1) There was no immunity involved to prevent the Rat from discarding the Bursting Balloon. There was nothing blocking Abilities.

2) That's what I thought.

Pokemon -

Based on the fact that I didn't receive any damage from my attacks against the Bursting Balloon after playing the Rat to the bench, and confirming by the above post that the Toxicroak's Ability does not prevent the Bursting Balloon's damage, this issue is a GUI display issue.

When the Rat is played to the Bench, the opponent's Active Pokemon's tool should be discarded, or offered to be discarded. Visually, this does not happen. The effect of the Bursting Balloon is somehow nullified or discarded by the Rat and correctly does not cause damage to my attacking Pokemon.

Archived