Machamp BREAK has 2x Fighting Fury Ability

Aurora_Beam

Evolve Machamp FFI to Machamp BREAK, and observe that its attacks deal 20 extra base damage beyond the amount expected.  If the Defending Pokemon is Fighting-weak, the margin of excess damage doubles.

It seems that Machamp BREAK has two instances of the Fighting Fury Ability.

FFB shouldn't work in it anyway-it only aids basics.  More likely the regular machamp underneath it had the (non-belt) fighting fury ability.

Edit- oooops...  But to answer: weakness affects all damage, including the buff.  So that's how it's supposed to work.

FFB shouldn't work in it anyway-it only aids basics.  More likely the regular machamp underneath it had the (non-belt) fighting fury ability.

He's talking about the Fighting Fury ability of the Furious Fists/Generations Machamp.

I think that's normal. IIRC, extra damage done from any of the fighting type supports (strong energy, fighting stadium, machamp, etc) are suceptible to being doubled by weakness like the rest of the damage.

To clarify, I expected a bonus of +20 from Fighting Fury (+40 with Weakness), and I observed a bonus of +40 instead (+80 with Weakness).

Possible source of error: I could have been a dunce and neglected to observe a ************** FFI sitting on my Bench. I don't think this was the case, but I'm not 100% confident in my memory. If the team fails to reproduce this bug, that might have been the situation.

There wasn't a strong energy, fighting stadium, or muscle band in play, was there? (up 'til the rotation, TPCI just kept giving the fighting type more and more amplifiers...  It was to the point where the weakest fighting type out there could be competitive with enough cards attached.)

Confirmed: in a match this evening, a single Machamp BREAK from FFI provided a +40 power boost to an Active Garchomp, with no Strong Energy or other amplifiers in play.

Weird... is this situational or does this happen every single time that you have a Machamp BREAK in play?

I'd be interesting to know whether the game is incorrectly reapplying Machamp's ability or if it actually considers that Machamp BREAK has the same ability, thus stacking.

I haven't BREAK evolved any edition of Machamp other than FFI/GEN.  So far, it's happened every time I have the BREAK stage in play.

My gut feeling?  It seems like the game thinks Machamp BREAK has another, separate copy of the same Ability.

Archived