Jump to content

List of cards, that ruins all the fun


Kostyurik

Recommended Posts

I really liked to play Pokemon Trading Card Game Online a couple of years ago.

It was fun to win, it wasn't dissapointing to lose, because balance in cards was perfect at a time, and winning or loosing a match was a matter of how you play, not wich cards you added in your deck.

 

But nowadays, every time I go to play in Versus mode, I facing against one and the same cards over and over again.

Those cards were made not for fair play, but for easy wins. They allows player to deal giant damage, add more than one energy card in a turn, change opponent's pokemon, poison opponent every turn, attack twice in a turn etc.

Those cards are unfair, and they really ruins all the fun from playing PTCGO.

 

I made a list of those cards (see below).

I have some of them in my collection, but I don't have any of those cards in any of my decks, because I'm trying to pay maximum respect to my opponents. Howewer, most of my opponents do not respect me, and uses at least one of this cards:

 

- Ariados with Poisonous Nest ability

- Blastoise with Deluge ability

- Delphox with Psystorm attack 

- Delphox with Blaze Ball attack 

- Garchomp with Bite_Off attack

- Greninja BREAK

- Keldeo EX with Rush In ability

- M Charizard EX with Wild Blaze attack (it's 300 damage for God's sake!)

- M Mewtwo EX with Psychic Infinity attack

- M Tyranitar EX with Destroyer King attack

- Medicham with Ω Barrage

- Pyroar with Intimidating Mane ability

- Raticate with Super Fang attack

Raticate BREAK with Super Fang attack

- Shaymin EX with Set Up ability

- Vespiquen with Bee Revenge attack

- Volcanion EX with Steam Up ability

- Pumpkaboo, Joltik and Lampent with Night March attack

- Forest of the Giant Plants

- Lysandre

- Team Flare Battle Compressor

 

Why other cards that was ruining the game (Shiftry and Lysandre's Trump Card) are banned for play, but those cards - are not?

How to counter those cards without using some of them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

snip

First of all, this will never and should never become the banlist in the major format (standard) because excessive restrictions hurt the game.  However, a 'chivalry format,' as I have said before, could, with intense monitoring, restricting, and effectivising, be made to become a more fun and friendly gameplay.  However, I disagree with almost your entire list-because there are easy and common counters to almost all of them.  The few I concede should be removed from such a format are Lysandre, Medicham, and Garchomp.  However, there are many more you didn't mention-such as hammers, the hypnotoxic laser, delinquent, deck and cover accelgor, et cetera.  But be careful when suggesting these things to never assume the community agrees with you, never state your opinion as fact, and always provide a more moderate, secondary option as a compromise so you aren't outright rejected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

... hammers, the hypnotoxic laser, delinquent, deck and cover accelgor, et cetera...

 

Usual hammer, if I remember right, demand coin toss. That's fair, because it's a chance for tails.

 

Golden Hammer, if I remember right, removing only special energy. It's fair too, because you can counter it by using only basic energy.

 

Hypnotoxic laser demands coin toss too, so it's a chance for tails.

And, unlike Ariados, it's limited to 4 uses (Ariados is unlimited).

So, Hypnotoxic laser can be countered with 4 Nurses Joy, Full Heals and many other cards.

 

I don't remember what Delinquent and other doing, but I think that's not a huge problem too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Usual hammer, if I remember right, demand coin toss. That's fair, because it's a chance for tails.

 

Golden Hammer, if I remember right, removing only special energy. It's fair too, because you can counter it by using only basic energy.

 

Hypnotoxic laser demands coin toss too, so it's a chance for tails.

And, unlike Ariados, it's limited to 4 uses (Ariados is unlimited).

So, Hypnotoxic laser can be countered with 4 Nurses Joy, Full Heals and many other cards.

 

I don't remember what Delinquent and other doing, but I think that's not a huge problem too.

The problem with those three isn't their effect-it's how easy they are to use.  I have no problem with energy discard, with special conditions, with stadium removal, with hand disruption.  In fact, they make the game more interesting.  But they're called 'special' for  reason.  It should not be easy to get them into play; you should actually have to work for it.  With these, all you have to do is toss it onto the playing field.  It's rude, it's unsportsmanly, and it's unfairly powerful.  In the standard format, they aren't a problem because they aren't quite good enough for common use.  But in a chivalry format, it doesn't matter how common a card is; it just matters that it's unchivalrous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the standard format, they aren't a problem because they aren't quite good enough for common use.  But in a chivalry format, it doesn't matter how common a card is; it just matters that it's unchivalrous.

 

I understood you.

But I do not want another format, I just want for existing formats to become more comfortable.

At least for Expanded, because I don't play Legacy, Theme or Standart ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

I used to play Unlimited before it was removed.

Now I have 11 different Expanded decks (Dragon, Water, Fairy, Metal, Electric, Grass, Dark. Fighting, Fire, Psychic and Colorless) and one Dark Unlimited deck for friend battles.

 

My list is a result of long-time observation of my versus matches and tournament entries in Expanded format.

 

I think, if some card(s) are making problem for only one of your deck - that's not a problem at all, you have many other decks. But if some card(s) making problem for ALL of your decks, that making those card(s) unfair.

 

Cards from my list doesn't have any limiting factor - coin toss, skipping turns after dealing HUGE amount of damage, removing energy etc. I do not state my opinion as a fact, but that is my explanation why is every card that in my list are unfair in my humple opinion.

 

For example:

If Ariados poison opponent's pokemon only after coin toss with heads - that card wouldn't unfair.

If M Charizard EX can't attack one or even two turns after dealing massive 300 damage - that card wouldn't unfair.

If using of Set Up ability of Shaymin EX was limited to one per turn - that card wouldn't unfair.

If Lysandre change opponent's active pokemon AND your own active pokemon (like Escape Rope) - that card wouldn't unfair.

If Rush In ability of Keldeo EX do not work when active pokemon are asleep or paralised - that card wouldn't unfair.

If player can't have more than one Greninja BREAK with Giant Water Shuriken ability in play - that card wouldn't unfair

...and so on.

 

There should be some restraints for those cards. that's my whole point

 

My English is not very well, because it's not my native language. So I really sorry if I misspelled some words.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure I can add loads of cards that feel unfair to me and replace some of the cards on your list.

 

Seismitoad EX with Quaking Punch

Trevenant with Forest Curse

Vileplume with Irritating Pollen

Alakazam EX with Kinesis

 

...and many many others. The fact that there are cards with so extremely OP attacks/abilities makes the game even more interesting for me.

 

The possible strategies and counter-strategies are infinite.

 

The best example of all is this year's Masters Champion. Using a deck based on Audino EX, a card nobody ever expected to be that strong.

 

So instead of banning cards like that, it's better that we try to think of combinations that will bring them down. See Rainbow Force Xerneas. See the Gyarados/Magma Base decks. All cleverly built based on cards not very powerful compared to those you mentioned.

 

I believe PTCG is on its best at the moment. And I'm pretty sure they will keep adding things that will make the game more and more exciting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to say, this list is a bit comical.

 

The cards are not the problem, it is the strategy.  All you have to do is accustom yourself to the current meta, and you can adjust to overcome those decks.  As a user of most of those decks, I am really having fun with AT Medicham right now, it is a really nice anti-meta deck.  Mops up Night March (which for some reason people refuse to stop playing, lol) and EX-heavy decks, but it struggles with that one super annoying deck that you might have heard of, Trev break.

 

You just need to feel it out, a lot has changed in just the year I have been here, so I can imagine how different it is for you if you came back from before Blastoise and company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want a banlist, play yugioh

Its not like there is just 1 deck that rules the format because its good there right? I mean with all the cards printed in variety there must be atleast a million decks

*sees most played deck is blue eyes white dragon*

Well **** I tried

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...but it struggles with that one super annoying deck that you might have heard of, Trev break....

For some strange set of circumstances I never had problems with opponents using deck built around Trevenant BREAK with none of my eleven decks.

 

I mean, it just putting 3 damage counters on every pokemon and preventing use of item cards.

 

It can be easily countered by not placing many pokemon on bench and using Pokemon Center Lady.

Also some pokemon attacks has healing effect, and herbal energy for grass deck helps too.

 

Ninetales is not a problem either.

 

The one and only bad card in that deck is Shaymin EX, allow user to draw way too many cards in one turn.

But this is a common problem of all "Meta" decks. That flying hedgehog is really annoys me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want a banlist, play yugioh

I played Yu-Gi-Oh Marik the Darkness some time ago. It's not very funny game to me.

 

Hearhtstone, Magic the Gathering: Duels of Planeswalkers, Spectromancer Gathering of Power, Mythoria, Astral Masters, and even Arcomage are much more interesting than Yu-Gi-Oh, IMHO.

 

But I am a huge fan of pokemon franschise since I was a 7 y.o. kid in 2001, so I prefer pokemon-themed CCG over all others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a list by a crybaby, I can taste the salt from here. BY the time sun and moon cones out this forum would be decorated with salt flats crystallised from the tears of inane whiners.

 

If any decent card is put under the scrutiny why not just tap out? Clearly the game is beyond you just like being good at real time strategy games is beyond me since I am not great at micromanaging. You don't see me asking for the games to be altered to suit my taste though.

 

Sounds harsh but the way I see it, I'm sussing out the noise to encourage more constructive inputs not more pointless filler like card A is broken or GX must be banned now ********

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a list by a crybaby...

If I was a crybaby I just add to list every powerful card - Mewtwo EX, Manectric EX, M Manecrtic EX, Dialga EX, Suicune with Safeguard, Carbink with Safeguard, Sigilyph with Safeguard, Regice, Registeel, Regirock and hundreds other. But I really tried to be objective and pick only 23 cards that not only powerful, but unfairly overpowered and overused by fellow players.

 

Unfortunately, not only a game itself becoming more and more unfriendly to casual non-meta-digging players with every new expansion and client version, but forums is also not a comfortable place to discuss that problem.

 

 

Clearly the game is beyond you...

 

...to suit my taste...

 

The game is not "beyond" me, after almost four years I still found this game entertaining, I fulfill my daily challenges, I still can win about 20% of the versus matches and often get silver cups in events.

 

It's just unspeakable unfair, that some players easily can make a way too overpowered deck with those broken cards.

 

And it's not my "taste", it's constructive opinion based on in-game experience.

 

P.S. GX move can be used only one time in a whole match, so I don't think that GX cards are broken.

Ariados with Poisonous Nest ability can poison opponent's pokemon on EVERY turn, as many times as player wants to and Raticate with Super Fang attack can 1-hit-KO that poisoned pokemon. This combination is way more OP than any of upcoming GX pokemon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm gonna need a third hand to facepalm at this one >.< gimmie a second,

*slap*

*slap*

*slap*

Ok, no xd I'll actually get to the cards you mentioned and why they are neither OP nor disrespectful.

> Poisonus Nest: Barely a game changer. Just 10 damage per turn, so unless you're playng Sceptile EX it's not really worth it, and it gets walled by anything that block status. A couple of decks were left without an ideal stadium post rotation and many never had one to begin with, so incuding a couple of Chaos Tower is viable. Grass decks are unnaffected. Garbodor is rampant now that tool removal is not a thing and all ability reliant decks are kept in check by it. You're spending too many resources on something that gets walled too often. Grass decks also get walled by Volcanion, big time.

> Blastoise: It's a good ability but there is only so much you can do with it. Keldeo EX, the typical main attacker in a Blastoise deck, only scales x20 with each energy. It's not bad but in a mostly one-shot meta it struggles to get the magical number. It can rely on superior energy retrieval to get back energies but in a long match it runs out of steam. It also gets walled by garbodor, although you do have tool removal in expanded.

> Delphox: it's slow, it relies on filling the bench with energies and tends to run out of steam in prolonged matches. Gets walled big time by greninja (and blastoise in expanded). It's a stage 2, and it's usually played with the BREAK, so it wastes a ton of space on evolutions on top of wasting time evolving.

> Garchomp: very strong card, but it lost a lot of power with the rotation. No Korrina, no fighting stadium, no sash, Maxie is really hard to play (on maxie variants), etc. Consider too that it's significantly less effective against non-ex decks, specially with so much of the fighting supports gone.

> Greninja BREAK: it rightfully deserved being called a tier 1 deck for a long time, but it does have its weaknesses as well as 2 things that hard counter it (one hasn't been released but it will be soon enough). Garbodor eliminates most of its damage and greninja can't one shot it even if you lysandre it. There is also the new Giratina upcomning that will cripple it even more. There are other alternatives too if you're afrald of it, like spamming Hex Maniac or throwing in a random Mime as a tech.

> Keldeo EX: See Blastoise above for comment on it's combat prowess. It's ability can be shut down with Silent Lab as well as garbodor. It's still very good but far from OP.

> M Charizard: this is seriously just a gimmicky deck that only works against people who don't know what they are doing. It improved a bit with the addition of spirit links but otherwise still sucks. It takes 5 energies to attack and it has very few ways of accelerating energies. There are ways of setting up it's attack early game but runs out of steam late game. 300 damage is a complete and utter overkill. It looks impressive but there are less costly attacks that do around 200 damage, which is still enough to KO most things.

> M Mewtwo: the only one were I could agree at least partially. It does a ton of damage and goes very well with garbodor. It does have a few direct counters like STS M Gardevoir but there aren't that many. I expect there to be an increase on the number of psychic decks with the release of Lunala GX, however. Garbodor still blocks Psychic Transfer, but the fact that more pychic decks might be played alone makes things more difficult for Mewtwo.

> Tyranitar: please, no one even uses this thing. The damage scaling is rather high but that's all it can do. Spreading damage is hard, the attack cost is meh, the typing isn't bad but darkness doesn't have that many supports.

> Medicham: even with all the fighting supports this deck never did do that much damage (compared to others). Low hp, can't hit for weakness, on top of losing most fighting supports.

> Pyroar: there's too many viable decks with evolutions, including all megas, for this to be relevant. Also garbodor and hex maniac. Also greninja. It's hp and attack are also luckluster.

> Raticate: another gimmicky deck barely anyone plays anymore. It struggles in a fast meta where even the ********* cards can do 110 damage on turn 2. It's gimmick is that it can oneshot anything, but the only things that you'd have a hard time one shotting otherwise gave raticate beat out in speed. It also relies on ariados (see above).

> Shaymin: another really good card that understandably became a staple, but it's not a free card draw. It can be blocked by all forms of ability blocking and it's easy pickings for lysandre.

> Vespiqueen: still viable thanks to uknown/klefki but much less stronger than it used to be. In expanded it has to deal with item locks (so no BC) and in both formats it has to deal with Karen. Garbodor and silent lab also blocks one of its few remaining discard methods.

> Volcanion EX: pretty good deck but it still gets walled really hard by all forms of ability blocking and greninja.

>Night March: gets walled hard by item locks and Karen messes them up even more. Water decks may contain AT articuno, which removes one of its main advantages (winning the prize trade).

> FotGP: good stadium but I don't see it being particularly frustrating to play against it outside of turn 1 Vileplume item locks. Also volcanion eats grass decks for breakfast.

>Lysandre: you have no idea how much this card affects possitively the game health. Cards that require set up would be able to do so freely and there would be nothing deterring you from using low hp support pokemon that give free prizes. Primal Groudon is already sort of like this (inmune to lysandre) and is only kept in check by it's attacking requirements (4 energies and consuming a stadium to do real damage).

> Battle compressor: very strong card but it's kept in check somewhat by item locks. In NM decks it gets countered by Karen since you get your pkmn back but not your BCs.


If that doesn't convince you, let me try a different approach. Look at how broad your list is. It covers different ATs, abilities, attacks, items, etc. Thaf's not even including a lot of other stuff that most other people would agree to be OP, like Garbododor in a tool removal-less meta or the turn 1 item locks. Some of your listed mechanics even conflict with each other (one is a perfectly valid counter to another one). In the end, if everything is toxic/op, then nothing is.

To me it seems that you're blaming your lack of PvP experience on the cards instead of learning and trying to improve. A 50-50 win ratio is what's considered the norm for someone who makes zero investment on the game but otherwise knows what they are doing. The reason why you have a 20% win is probably that you are arbitrarilly marking certain cards as unfair and are refusing to use them, like lysandre. There are so many good things lysandre cam do, on top of adding a layer of strategy to the game since you have to play assuming your opponent can lysandre you at any time, and yet you are denying yourself the chance to use it because according to your own obscure criteria it's disrespectful.

You can go ahead and feel disrespected by these cards, but do know that you're alone in this. Some cards are better than others, with some being notoriously dominant, but they still harmonize with each other and 99% of us are not trying to disrespect anyone.

 

If you want to waste you time tilting at windmills then suit yourself, but don't expect any sympathy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I was a crybaby I just add to list every powerful card - Mewtwo EX, Manectric EX, M Manecrtic EX, Dialga EX, Suicune with Safeguard, Carbink with Safeguard, Sigilyph with Safeguard, Regice, Registeel, Regirock and hundreds other. But I really tried to be objective and pick only 23 cards that not only powerful, but unfairly overpowered and overused by fellow players.

 

Unfortunately, not only a game itself becoming more and more unfriendly to casual non-meta-digging players with every new expansion and client version, but forums is also not a comfortable place to discuss that problem.

 

 

 

 

The game is not "beyond" me, after almost four years I still found this game entertaining, I fulfill my daily challenges, I still can win about 20% of the versus matches and often get silver cups in events.

 

It's just unspeakable unfair, that some players easily can make a way too overpowered deck with those broken cards.

 

And it's not my "taste", it's constructive opinion based on in-game experience.

 

P.S. GX move can be used only one time in a whole match, so I don't think that GX cards are broken.

Ariados with Poisonous Nest ability can poison opponent's pokemon on EVERY turn, as many times as player wants to and Raticate with Super Fang attack can 1-hit-KO that poisoned pokemon. This combination is way more OP than any of upcoming GX pokemon.

Do you even play competitive? Only a handful of the cards you listed can be considered OP.

 

And you also underestimate item lock and bench damage. Don't you know how many items most decks run? Item lock is dangerous. And lol herbal energy... Who uses that?

 

Sorry, but I got to be honest with you and just say that you need more research. I can tell you why most of the cards you listed are not as OP as you think if you want me to.

 

EDIT: It appears someone has already done so

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you even play competitive? Only a handful of the cards you listed can be considered OP.

 

And you also underestimate item lock and bench damage. Don't you know how many items most decks run? Item lock is dangerous. And lol herbal energy... Who uses that?

 

Sorry, but I got to be honest with you and just say that you need more research. I can tell you why most of the cards you listed are not as OP as you think if you want me to.

 

EDIT: It appears someone has already done so

 

He isnt wrong you know *Pulls out wailord >_> *

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just because a card has an ability or 180 HP doesnt make it OP or broken.

 

And how do cards have abilities or special effects ruin all the fun?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't mind Adhir, he likes to joke around a lot xd Not complaining though. It's nice to have some humour around. Wailord is pretty infamous for being a fountain of salt, although it stopped being viable shortly after it lost the element of surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should probably stop now but I'll continue my diatribe a little longer xd
 

Usual hammer, if I remember right, demand coin toss. That's fair, because it's a chance for tails.

Golden Hammer, if I remember right, removing only special energy. It's fair too, because you can counter it by using only basic energy.

Hypnotoxic laser demands coin toss too, so it's a chance for tails.
And, unlike Ariados, it's limited to 4 uses (Ariados is unlimited).
So, Hypnotoxic laser can be countered with 4 Nurses Joy, Full Heals and many other cards.

I don't remember what Delinquent and other doing, but I think that's not a huge problem too.

 

Laser has a guaranteed chance to poison. The 4 card limit is not that bad, and it's even better than ariados. They both take 4 spaces in the deck (assuming you run 2-2 Ariados), and Laser isn't free prizes for a random lysandre or damage spread / sniper decks. It gets stopped by item locks, but in turn it's unaffected by ability locks. It also has a chance of sleeping which ariados can't do. They are fairly equal all considered, so it's really arbitrary/unobjective on your part to say that Laser is balanced but Ariados isn't. This is not even considering that Laser is usually played in Toad LaserBank decks, which aren't exactly fun to play against (they are balanced but super frustrating to play against due to keeping you locked while you slowly bleed out).

Pokemon Center Lady does not counter Laser. There exist far better options to get around status, specially if you play Expanded. If I ever run a Joy in a deck, I only run 1 as a tech and only because I have no other viable choices for that particular deck. Otherwise, you're better off using something that blocks status (example: Virizon EX) or something that gets around status by swapping (example: Keldeo EX / Zoroark with float stone, the upcoming Solgaeo GX, switching items like Switch and Escape Rope). Joy also consumes the supporter use of the turn, which is bad for obvious reasons. At least with ariados it can't make you sleep, so you can always retreat if necessary. If Laser sleeps you and you don't wake up, you're donezo. It only has a 25% chance of doing so but that's still significant considering how game changing it is to lose a turn of attacking.

 

I understood you.
But I do not want another format, I just want for existing formats to become more comfortable.
At least for Expanded, because I don't play Legacy, Theme or Standart

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


I used to play Unlimited before it was removed.

Now I have 11 different Expanded decks (Dragon, Water, Fairy, Metal, Electric, Grass, Dark. Fighting, Fire, Psychic and Colorless) and one Dark Unlimited deck for friend battles.

My list is a result of long-time observation of my versus matches and tournament entries in Expanded format.

I think, if some card(s) are making problem for only one of your deck - that's not a problem at all, you have many other decks. But if some card(s) making problem for ALL of your decks, that making those card(s) unfair.

Cards from my list doesn't have any limiting factor - coin toss, skipping turns after dealing HUGE amount of damage, removing energy etc. I do not state my opinion as a fact, but that is my explanation why is every card that in my list are unfair in my humple opinion.

For example:

If Ariados poison opponent's pokemon only after coin toss with heads - that card wouldn't unfair.
If M Charizard EX can't attack one or even two turns after dealing massive 300 damage - that card wouldn't unfair.
If using of Set Up ability of Shaymin EX was limited to one per turn - that card wouldn't unfair.
If Lysandre change opponent's active pokemon AND your own active pokemon (like Escape Rope) - that card wouldn't unfair.
If Rush In ability of Keldeo EX do not work when active pokemon are asleep or paralised - that card wouldn't unfair.
If player can't have more than one Greninja BREAK with Giant Water Shuriken ability in play - that card wouldn't unfair
...and so on.

There should be some restraints for those cards. that's my whole point

My English is not very well, because it's not my native language. So I really sorry if I misspelled some words.

 

That's not how it works. This has been mentioned before but I'll say it again anyways: this isn't Yugi. It's a great game, it has its own quirks and charms, but it's not Pokemon. What applies to Yugi does not necessarily apply here. They have balance based formats; we have release-time based formats. They both manage to keep the meta fresh in their own way. Again, the only reason the current formats aren't comfortable for you is because you're crippling yourself intentionally without a good reason. 20% win is abyssmal (no offense), and I guarantee you that if you simply accepted that there is nothing wrong with staples like lysandre and started using them, you'd instantly bump up to 50% within days.

 

Remember that the only reason Shiftry and LTC were banned is because they were not just a bit OP, they were EXTREMELY unfair (Shiftry at least). Against Shiftry you could lose turn 1 (literally) before you even got to play a turn. There was an almost literal 0% chance of counterplay. The only thing you could do was include Baltoys in every deck and pray you started with it if you just so happened to face a Shiftry. LTC wasn't as bad and for a long time it even helped keep Night March in check, but the real problem with it was that it completely eliminated one of the victory conditions. Mill decks pretty much stood zero chance of ever winning so long as your opponent had 1 of these in his/her deck. I think it was a good idea on their part to ban LTC and instead print something like Karen, although it would have been nice of them to print Karen before the rotation.

Like I mentioned above, nearly everything you mentioned has a limiting factor. M Mewtwo is the only one you could make a point of, but even then it's too early to cry OP. The meta is constantly evolving, and depending on what they print on SM1, M Mewtwo might drop to a tier 2 or below deck (this is a massive amount of speculation on my part but it's possible).

1) Ariados: fire weakness, easy pickings for lysandre, sniper and damage spread decks, takes up too much deck space, low damage output. Laser is superior in almost any deck other than Sceptile EX and Machamp EX. Status blockers like Virizon EX are common in Expanded.

2) Charizard: massive attack cost, fairy weakness. Doesn't benefit from any particular stadium. Discarding the first 5 cards of your deck is a massive disadvantage. You're splaying straight into the victory condition of mill decks, as well as risking discarding something important without a way of recovering it.

3) Shaymin: easy pickings for lysandre, wastes bench space (the deck space it takes is acceptable), gets blocked by any form of ability blocking.

4) Lysandre: takes up the supporter of the turn. This is what keeps most supporters from being OP and simply makes them good. You can't burn through your deck for a lysandre with a Sycamore or N and then lysandre. You can, instead, burn through your deck for a Pokemon Catcher, but it has the drawback of being a coin flip. Overall they are pretty equal (although lysandre is admitedly more consistant).

5) Keldeo EX: kept in check by ability blocks. Removing status is one of its few charms, as the attack is nothing special even when combined with blastoise (it's still good but not op).

6) Greninja BREAK: with the prevalence of Garbodor and the threat of the new Giratina, I doubt many people will even feel comfortable running this deck anymore. Even then, if it could only use its ability once between all yor greninjas, it would go from "op" to unviable. You just wouln't have the damage output to keep up with the speed of the current meta.

So, I don't see your point. Every card has a limiter, to one degree or another.

Also, don't worry about the English, we can understand you in that regard (I don't understand your arguments but not because they are poorly worded [they are conveyed with proper grammar and usage], I just don't think that your points are valid).

 

For some strange set of circumstances I never had problems with opponents using deck built around Trevenant BREAK with none of my eleven decks.

I mean, it just putting 3 damage counters on every pokemon and preventing use of item cards.

It can be easily countered by not placing many pokemon on bench and using Pokemon Center Lady.

Also some pokemon attacks has healing effect, and herbal energy for grass deck helps too.

Ninetales is not a problem either.

The one and only bad card in that deck is Shaymin EX, allow user to draw way too many cards in one turn.

But this is a common problem of all "Meta" decks. That flying hedgehog is really annoys me.

 

Unless your name is Lucario, simply not having many pokemon benched is not a choice. Only bench flood decks need to fill it out, sure, but most decks require a plethora of support pokemon to work properly, as well as backup attackers for when your active is KOd, so not benching pokemon is not a choice. Remember PokePuff is a thing now as well, specially if you're versing a Lucario deck. In fact, it wouldn't be strange for damage spread decks to run pokepuff since they benefir from damaging a full bench, and pretty much any deck benefits from denying your Shaymins and Hoopas with pokepuff, essentially making them dead weight.

Center Lady barely counts as a counter to damage spread. You can only heal 1 pokemon per turn, your opponent can shrek your entire bench each turn. Do the math. And herbal energy... lol. No one uses that thing. For all the bad things special energies do (being blocked by Giratina EX, being targetable by enhanced hammer, being suceptible to Jirachi XY67, etc), the 20 damage heal is not worth it. And it can only be used in grass decks, which already suffer pretty badly thanks to volcanion.

 

If I was a crybaby I just add to list every powerful card - Mewtwo EX, Manectric EX, M Manecrtic EX, Dialga EX, Suicune with Safeguard, Carbink with Safeguard, Sigilyph with Safeguard, Regice, Registeel, Regirock and hundreds other. But I really tried to be objective and pick only 23 cards that not only powerful, but unfairly overpowered and overused by fellow players.

Unfortunately, not only a game itself becoming more and more unfriendly to casual non-meta-digging players with every new expansion and client version, but forums is also not a comfortable place to discuss that problem.

The game is not "beyond" me, after almost four years I still found this game entertaining, I fulfill my daily challenges, I still can win about 20% of the versus matches and often get silver cups in events.

It's just unspeakable unfair, that some players easily can make a way too overpowered deck with those broken cards.

And it's not my "taste", it's constructive opinion based on in-game experience.

P.S. GX move can be used only one time in a whole match, so I don't think that GX cards are broken.

Ariados with Poisonous Nest ability can poison opponent's pokemon on EVERY turn, as many times as player wants to and Raticate with Super Fang attack can 1-hit-KO that poisoned pokemon. This combination is way more OP than any of upcoming GX pokemon.

 

You really would be a crybaby if you complained about all of those as well. They have their strengths, sure, but they have weaknesses too. Casual players can play and have fun without even tryharding. So long as you have a basic grasp on deckbuilding, you can make ANYTHING work. But if you start setting yourself arbitrary handicaps like not using staples because they are "op", then there is no wonder you have a hard time wining and that you don't enjoy your matches. For your own sake stop doing that.

 

Your opinion is well intentioned but it's not constructive. We've have a million threads like this one before and they never get anywhere. You're grasping at straws. One thing is to say that the meta needs this and that to flow better and an entirely different thing is to say that most of the staple cards, which from an actual objective point of view are not game-breaking (you may consult with many other people, casual and competitive players alike, to verify that what I say is true), are "unspeakably unfair".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think any card that involves discarding my energies should be banned because that makes me the most salty of anything including having my deck discarded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For some strange set of circumstances I never had problems with opponents using deck built around Trevenant BREAK with none of my eleven decks.

 

I mean, it just putting 3 damage counters on every pokemon and preventing use of item cards.

 

It can be easily countered by not placing many pokemon on bench and using Pokemon Center Lady.

Also some pokemon attacks has healing effect, and herbal energy for grass deck helps too.

 

Ninetales is not a problem either.

 

The one and only bad card in that deck is Shaymin EX, allow user to draw way too many cards in one turn.

But this is a common problem of all "Meta" decks. That flying hedgehog is really annoys me.

 

 

Can someone tell him why he didn't have problems with trev break?

 

I mean If I build my deck using basic blue with 4 rough sea and 4 tierno, I am not afraid of stupid trev either.

 

Sir, you have a lot more to learn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I throw in the weakness-exploiting Eeveelution trio (Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon from Ancient Origins set).

 

It's hilarious to defeat a Magearna EX using Ariados with Flareon on the bench.

 

 

I think any card that involves discarding my energies should be banned because that makes me the most salty of anything including having my deck discarded.

 

Yeah. In battles, I get salty whenever someone pulls a Team Flare Grunt on me. Especially when it's the first card used against me in battle. I immediately concede whenever that happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I throw in the weakness-exploiting Eeveelution trio (Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon from Ancient Origins set).

 

It's hilarious to defeat a Magearna EX using Ariados with Flareon on the bench.

 

 

 

Yeah. In battles, I get salty whenever someone pulls a Team Flare Grunt on me. Especially when it's the first card used against me in battle. I immediately concede whenever that happens.

I can't even tell who's being sarcastic anymore...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...