PVP Score

arthurlgh90

It's 10 if you win the match.

It's 15 if you win a match where the opponent have "advantage". Advantage it's only a difference in ranking higher than X positions so as the game prioritize the fast matching to not waiting to play over the close ranking matching, sometimes you play against players that theoretically and just based on ranking position, are better, hence if you win, you get the +5 extra bolts.

If you don't win the match, you get 0.

Man, to reach the end of the ladder you must have to become a slave to this game! Not kidding, it takes forever!

I reached the end of the first ladders, when it was 820 points maximum not the 2000 points.

And one time I even reach 2000 points.

But later, game developers release version 2.32 or 2.33 and make all the animation effects life-long and completely unskippable.

After that I never make more than 700 points in Versus Ladder

I reached the end of the first ladders, when it was 820 points maximum not the 2000 points.

And one time I even reach 2000 points.

But later, game developers release version 2.32 or 2.33 and make all the animation effects life-long and completely unskippable.

After that I never make more than 700 points in Versus Ladder

I hear ya man. It's not worth the time at 2000. Maybe if they found a nice median I would be interested like 1000-1500

range. 2000 feels like I'm giving my soul to the game and I don't have time for that. I'm with you I hit it whenit was lower, heck there's times I quit around 1500 and thought that was too much even.

I hear ya man. It's not worth the time at 2000. Maybe if they found a nice median I would be interested like 1000-1500

range. 2000 feels like I'm giving my soul to the game and I don't have time for that. I'm with you I hit it whenit was lower, heck there's times I quit around 1500 and thought that was too much even.

There have been MANY good ideas to make the FA card attainable, while still having the 2000 point ladder since they changed it, and like anything else which makes good, common sense around here, they ignored us.  Like much of the other stupid things they have implemented, it is here to stay the way it is.

2000 ladder is doable if you set your daily goal to 100 points.

Between the stages your score usually gets rounded up, getting some points for free in the process. Then, sometimes you get 15 points instead of 10, so that helps speeding up things aswell.

You'll need 6-8 wins a day and you're getting somewhere.

If you don't get caught up in timestalling matches (forfeit button is your friend) and you sometimes get opponents who straightout forfeit when they have a bad hand, you can do this within 1 hour.

Spending 1 hour a day over 20 days for something you really want is reasonable imho.

Like Full Art N, worth $100, how long would you work for that IRL?

And you get all the goodies along the way in the game, so I think it equals out.

I usually only ladder to 2000 when I really want that FA card.

If I don't want it, I usually stop at 700 for the 2nd EX or at 1000 for the rare chest + 3 boosters, depending on how much time I have.

2000 ladder is doable if you set your daily goal to 100 points.

Between the stages your score usually gets rounded up, getting some points for free in the process. Then, sometimes you get 15 points instead of 10, so that helps speeding up things aswell.

You'll need 6-8 wins a day and you're getting somewhere.

If you don't get caught up in timestalling matches (forfeit button is your friend) and you sometimes get opponents who straightout forfeit when they have a bad hand, you can do this within 1 hour.

Spending 1 hour a day over 20 days for something you really want is reasonable imho.

Like Full Art N, worth $100, how long would you work for that IRL?

And you get all the goodies along the way in the game, so I think it equals out.

I usually only ladder to 2000 when I really want that FA card.

If I don't want it, I usually stop at 700 for the 2nd EX or at 1000 for the rare chest + 3 boosters, depending on how much time I have.

I call bull that it's only taking you an hour. I mean the game itself is just so slow usually. Maybe you are playing cancer item lock and forcing people to quit idk. I play standard only really. Sometimes themes for challenges. I have back problems too and no tablet or good enough smart phone to play possibly laying down even 3-5hours a day. At most I last 1-2 hours max usually is my point. This isn't real life and there has to be some GIVE in free to play games as well would also be my point. When the ladder was smaller it was better. even 1200-1500 points I can see possibly.

I call bull that it's only taking you an hour. I mean the game itself is just so slow usually. Maybe you are playing cancer item lock and forcing people to quit idk. I play standard only really. Sometimes themes for challenges. I have back problems too and no tablet or good enough smart phone to play possibly laying down even 3-5hours a day. At most I last 1-2 hours max usually is my point. This isn't real life and there has to be some GIVE in free to play games as well would also be my point. When the ladder was smaller it was better. even 1200-1500 points I can see possibly.

Completing the ladder is a lot easier if you play using the computer.

I would never play PTCGO on a mobile device because I don't think it's good for the batteries.

1) It often takes less then an hour if you know what you are doing and don't give in to timestall.

2) I don't play any control deck to do that. Only constructive decks where the most control-like card is 1 hex-maniac and that's about it.

3) With theme decks you'll take far longer to make progress.

4) Who plays on a Smartphone, really? ? ? Use a computer like every normal human beeing.

5) No, a smaller ladder would just give rewards to people who do not deserve them.

I stongly oppose this freelancer-mentality of younger generations.

If you want something, work for it!

1) It often takes less then an hour if you know what you are doing and don't give in to timestall.

By this, do you mean give in to timestall? Because your options are:

1. Give in and quit so you can move on quickly

2. Don't give in and possibly sit through a full game of stalling

Oldschool1990, on 13 Nov 2016 - 1:03 PM, said:

2) I don't play any control deck to do that. Only constructive decks where the most control-like card is 1 hex-maniac and that's about it.

3) With theme decks you'll take far longer to make progress.

4) Who plays on a Smartphone, really? ? ? Use a computer like every normal human beeing.

5) No, a smaller ladder would just give rewards to people who do not deserve them.

I stongly oppose this freelancer-mentality of younger generations.

If you want something, work for it!

I agree to disagree here. I know sometimes my Mega Ray deck forced people to quit quickly but the setup still takes time because the game is slow like that. I was saying more of a tablet would be nice that isn't slow. Sitting for long periods actually hurts me is my point.

Who are you to say what is good or not good for the game anyways? It's free to play not grind for hours to reach a goal to play! There are things that can actually make the game more consumer friendly too. Like for example maybe a cooldown timer (example: maybe once per week) to make a non-tradable card tradable and many other things can be done to improve quality of play and bring more people into the fold, aka game.

Bringing more people to the game = more business and more popularity with the game to make it more friendly to newcomers. It's that simple. There's a reason an online card game like Hearthstone took off. It was because it was made consumer friendly and easy to learn! The best thing this game has going for it in that aspect is a few (**********. They do a better job than even the game explaining mechanics.

I say all this because the game itself is a nightmare for a new player to learn and plus it is a nightmare for them to get cards free and learn to build a reasonable deck. It's overwhelming is my point and no Trainer's challenges are not the answer so don't use that to make an excuse for the laziness of the game in its current state. Heck it takes them months to fix 1 bug sometimes. (example Ninja Boy) I bet my cousin would laugh his rear off at that knowing at least 3 computer programming languages as I know he does!

My point is the game does not make enough effort to be free to play and the ladder grind proves my point. I even spent like $10-15 on the game. It encourages that. My point is if you have more consumers that actually like the game then you earn more than my $10-15. I stopped spending on it. Heck the Pokemon company won't even see my money because the system is this stupid! Everyone knows to buy codes online not the real packs/boxes and containers. You are discounted big time playing online. I would never ever spend money on the real playing cards unless I actually had money to burn and I don't. Their playing cards cost too dang much.

Lesson of the story is that the whole system is to blame. I feel like there are few players playing already as I will meet the same player over and over even in Versus. You can agree here that low player population is never good for a game. I just don't want to see the game die in the end. I like to play it but wish they actually did more to get people into it because it really is a great game, but overwhelming to a new player! I've seen games die for fewer reasons before sadly.

Well I spend nothing on the game yet because there is no option for that in Europe.

Americans can just go buy gems for boosterpacks and get all the good cards for powerful standard decks.

The rest of the world has to earn boosters by working hard. (winning tournaments, doing quests, challenges, etc.)

It's a requirement for people to

1) have a good deck (earn boosters from theme deck tournaments, get skill in theme tournaments and you win more boosters, open or trade that boosters for the cards you need)

2) know the meta (look at the decks other people are playing, do some netdecking-research or use this forums)

3) have some skill as a player (if you are a complete hobo-bobo, I suggest you either stop playing the game or stop complaining)

in order to be able to ladder.

Still, there are always some less intelligent people complaining about how hard it would be to ladder.

It's like some cyclist complaining about how hard it is go get over that mountain and yelling at me for driving a car.

Before doing something, using the brain to think is mandatory.

So to sum it up:

If you are not prepared to do the ladder, don't complain about it.

You don't do the Elite4 with a lv10 magikarp either, do you?

Well I spend nothing on the game yet because there is no option for that in Europe.

Americans can just go buy gems for boosterpacks and get all the good cards for powerful standard decks.

The rest of the world has to earn boosters by working hard. (winning tournaments, doing quests, challenges, etc.)

"Canadians." Only in Canada can you buy gems. The rest of the world, including the US, can get tradeable boosters by buying physical boosters, which are probably cheaper than the gems.

"Canadians." Only in Canada can you buy gems. The rest of the world, including the US, can get tradeable boosters by buying physical boosters, which are probably cheaper than the gems.

Or by playing tournaments, which is probably where the majority of the packs in this game come from.

• 2 weeks later...

Even the Pokemon company doesn't care much about the online game really if we all want to be real here... I mean can anyone name an actually tournament that has been played online? When I say tournament I mean like an event tournament too! Not the crappy sit and wait to get packs that aren't trade locked tournaments on this game. Like an actual sponsored event. Hearthstone does it, I guess they want you to buy the physical cards after all because that's all there is when it comes to real events! Sad thing is you actually have to have a good amount of money for shaymins and other needed cards if you ever get serious about this game and play with the physical cards, lol. 

Edit: Also don't get me started on how people will try to cheat with physical cards either! I've heard lots of stories...

Even the Pokemon company doesn't care much about the online game really if we all want to be real here... I mean can anyone name an actually tournament that has been played online? When I say tournament I mean like an event tournament too! Not the crappy sit and wait to get packs that aren't trade locked tournaments on this game. Like an actual sponsored event. Hearthstone does it, I guess they want you to buy the physical cards after all because that's all there is when it comes to real events! Sad thing is you actually have to have a good amount of money for shaymins and other needed cards if you ever get serious about this game and play with the physical cards, lol. 

Edit: Also don't get me started on how people will try to cheat with physical cards either! I've heard lots of stories...

You do know that the online game is made to promote the physical card game, right? Why would you want two tournaments of the exact same product? Oh yea, you said it's expensive.

You also know that Hearthstone has no physical equivalent so that's why they have online tourneys.

Stop being cheap and support the card game in real life because the online game makes 0 money for Nintendo unless you buy packs. If you want to tourney, you gotta spend the money.

Who are you to say what is good or not good for the game anyways?

A player, that's who.  The people who the game is made for.  The people without whom the game would cease to exist.

Every player has the right to give feedback.

there has to be some GIVE in free to play games

they're giving you a whole online game for free! what more do you want?! gosh kids these days demanding stuff...

this has derailed from a simple question to another "omg, this game doesn't do enough for me, i needs moar free stuffs!" thread

your local sqveel here, just popping in to point out that CHALLENGES ARE NOT MANDATORY. no-one is forcing you to do them. if you feel they are a waste of your time then use that time more effectively. 

lets see what the dictionary says about "challenge"

verb - invite (someone) to engage in a contest.

noun - a call to someone to participate in a competitive situation or fight to decide who is superior in terms of ability or strength.

as you can see from the meaning, a challenge is not something everyone will be able to complete. if you feel you are one of the people who will not be able to meet the challenge in the timescale you need to either decide to back out from the challenge, or work on upping your game so (like the thousands of people who complete it and -dont- complain) you can reap all the rewards. coming on a forum to whine about how you can't do something other people have no problem with won't help

You do know that the online game is made to promote the physical card game, right? Why would you want two tournaments of the exact same product? Oh yea, you said it's expensive.

You also know that Hearthstone has no physical equivalent so that's why they have online tourneys.

Stop being cheap and support the card game in real life because the online game makes 0 money for Nintendo unless you buy packs. If you want to tourney, you gotta spend the money.

I refuse to spend money any more just to play this game.  They do not provide the product which we are asking for, and have zero transparency in regards to extreme game-changing mechanics, so no, I will not ever drop another penny until this culture of ignoring the customer ends.

A player, that's who.  The people who the game is made for.  The people without whom the game would cease to exist.

Every player has the right to give feedback.

Absolutely.  Of course, it is up to the company to respond or not, and then we as the consumer who pays them decide if we are going to continue.  I, for one, am not supporting them any more.

And there is way more to the Pokemon franchise than just the physical cards, there are video games, stuffed animals, figurines, apparel, etc.  All of these benefit the Pokemon franchise.  By the way, has anyone taken a look at the pricing of the Pokemon merchandise?  They are making money hand over fist.  In my opinion, they owe it to us to listen and work to implement some things that we would like to see in the game.

I know there are reasons for some things we don't like, but if that is the case, it would not hurt to at least give us disclosure.  We don't even get that on ANYTHING, no matter how small.

I refuse to spend money any more just to play this game.  They do not provide the product which we are asking for, and have zero transparency in regards to extreme game-changing mechanics, so no, I will not ever drop another penny until this culture of ignoring the customer ends.

My response was to him saying there should be an online tournament because he doesn't want to spend money. If you don't want to spend money because you don't like the game, I respect that. To complain that the physical game is too expensive so an online tournament should be created is selfish and childish.

Archived