moderators silenced me?

CollinSorre

Are you talking about in-game chat? It's been disabled for everyone - all players have been punished with an all inclusive chat ban.

Can you still chat in the chats outside of a VS match? If so, that's likely a mute levied by the moderators and you'll need to submit a support ticket to resolve it at: http://support.pokemon.com

However since you say you were not notified of a chat ban I'm thinking you're just noticing the removal of the chat function - a hotly debated (read: protested) move by the mods/devs.

inb4 the lock.

Ahhhh that would explain why that is missing.... I was wondering why myself. I assume there's a reason for why it happened?

Any reason for it has never been provided - a fact that exacerbates the frustration of players.

"The trolls won" is the given reason.

We were never given the specifics so that much is a mystery. Samhayne seemed pretty dissapointed about it so I'm guessing that at the very least he didn't support the idea or wasn't happy about it. I still speculate that there might have been some kind of legal problem, but it's nothing more than a guess.

On a different post Samhayne also said that most of the playerbase did not use the chat and those who did were mostly toxic. That comes off as unreal to us in the forums since most of us here used the chat from time to time and very few of us are openly toxic on our posts, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a large amount of people don't use it. If it's any indication of it, whenever there is a problem of some kind we usually get a large influx of first time posters who barge in like they own the place demanding a solution, so that's the kind of people that we almost never see but probably tell their opponents to hang themselves anytime they are losing.

I'm still very much salty that all of us decent people lost our ability to talk thanks to some mindless trolls, but what can we do? For all the arguing we've done, the few answers we've gotten amount to "it ain't happening", so I doubt we have any hope of it making a return in the near future.

Are you talking about in-game chat? It's been disabled for everyone - all players have been punished with an all inclusive chat ban.

Can you still chat in the chats outside of a VS match? If so, that's likely a mute levied by the moderators and you'll need to submit a support ticket to resolve it at: http://support.pokemon.com

However since you say you were not notified of a chat ban I'm thinking you're just noticing the removal of the chat function - a hotly debated (read: protested) move by the mods/devs.

inb4 the lock.

of the game 

Archived