Stalling in coin flip and choosing active forcing impatient ppl to concede

Yrkomm

Enough! Some waiting for free win ppl forcing you to wait as long as they can and if they see that opponent don't wanna give them a free win - playing normally. Please devs, do something with it!

They should have a look at how they do it at pokersites. A time-bank for those moments you really need to think, and once you don't respond you're status should change to 'sit-out' or 'away' or something and then end turn directly. 

I know this would save a lot of players hours and in the end days of their life! 

Please look into this devs! Love u as always! X

Maybe they were just busy at the beginning.

Just wait. 

Go browse the internet in another tab. 

EDIT: In my experience the people who do this tactic of stalling are impatient themselves and not willing to put up a real fight. Don't reward their behavior, stall them out and enjoy. 

I hate ppl who:

1. Don't calling the coin flip - about a minute wasted.

2. Choosing who goes frist at the last second remaining (when they won flip) - another minute wasted.

3. Choosing active Pokemon and accepting the choose at 1 second left - another 2 minutes wasted.

4. When they realize, i don't concede they playing normally.

Because of that i didn't got enough coins to buy Gengar bundle... Thank you stallers!

I hate ppl who:

2. Choosing who goes frist at the last second remaining (when they won flip) - another minute wasted.

3. Choosing active Pokemon and accepting the choose at 1 second left - another 2 minutes wasted.

Because of that i didn't got enough coins to buy Gengar bundle... Thank you stallers!

I think 1 to 4 can be combined together.

If a person starts a game while hes not there, the system will automatically choose for him after a certain period of time.

If that person wins the coin flip and he is still not there, the system will automatically choose to go first after a certain period of time.

If that person needs to choose his active and he is still not there, the system will automatically choose for him after a certain period of time.

and when he comes back, he doesnt concede and plays normally.

Although I agree with you that it is really annoying for people starting the game without doing anything, I think they do not do this intentionally to win games or make you concede...... they are just ...... not there.

I think the initial coin flip and selecting a starting Pokemon should be 20 seconds each and result in a Concede if you do not respond.

you can test it urself I dont think thats true 

how about 20 seconds to call the coin flip and any failure to do so will just result in the other guy being able to call it.

If both fail to do so within 20 seconds each, then the game can pick one.

This would be better than the current system if we were trying to optimize it. Although it is just a minute, so it shouldn't be that much of a hassle in general should it?

Why do we even need to call the coin flip? If it's just a 50% chance it shouldn't matter anyways.

Because there are those of us who have trained in the Aura; in the manipulation of luck. :ph34r:   With skill, honing, and the right coin for the right deck, the flips can go your way 75% of the time.  If you didn't get to choose, it falls back to 50%.  Do you see why that isn't fair?

how about 20 seconds to call the coin flip and any failure to do so will just result in the other guy being able to call it.

If both fail to do so within 20 seconds each, then the game can pick one.

This would be better than the current system if we were trying to optimize it. Although it is just a minute, so it shouldn't be that much of a hassle in general should it?

This is a great idea.  I think we can just forgo the second step, and if the original player doesn't call it within the 20 sec the server automatically calls it.

For all the other people complaining about how people are stalling in the beginning, I don't think this is nearly as big a problem as you say it is.  This is a simple server issue, I wait almost every single game 30 seconds to just over 1 minute.  The PTCGO servers are pathetic, and it is no secret.  No one who works here will admit it though.  Chillax.

i know good players like me can win the game before the coin flip  :wub:

Good players are winning matches before they even press "play" :P

Good players are winning matches before they even press "play" :P

While you all were discussing this, I won seven times.   Next level winning, there.

I never post here, but considering the consistency this has been happening to me, and I'm sure to many others, it's growing tiresome and making me not want to even play the game because of the lack of sportsmanship. I play to have "fun".

There really needs to have a reduction in the time or at least a report button in order to try and reduce people abusing the privilege of having a bit of time.

I took a screenshot to back up my case, but this forum won't allow me to post it.

I think it should be completely automated. Just start and flip.

It could make every game 1 minute faster.

It really doesn't matter who does the coinflip.

Why do we even need to call the coin flip? If it's just a 50% chance it shouldn't matter anyways.

The beginning flip is 75% Heads 25% Tails actually, data collected from over 1000 matches by a group of people.

I hate ppl who:

:rolleyes:

You can browse the forum or just google how to make fast coins, really.

Ultimately, you can always decide to concede and rush to the next game when you need some coins but get timestalled.

Also, some people have slow computers/smartphones or a slow internet connection and don't stall intentionally.

I never post here, but considering the consistency this has been happening to me, and I'm sure to many others, it's growing tiresome and making me not want to even play the game because of the lack of sportsmanship. I play to have "fun".

There really needs to have a reduction in the time or at least a report button in order to try and reduce people abusing the privilege of having a bit of time.

I took a screenshot to back up my case, but this forum won't allow me to post it.

Report button is gone with the chat.  PTCGO is forcing us to "play nice".  LOL.

You an always report the player in the "ask a question" link in each mod's signature, but for your issue, it is actually the server which is causing the issue likely 9 times out of 10, so don't expect anything to get done.  The broken down servers are not going anywhere.

Maybe they were just busy at the beginning.

Just wait.

Go browse the internet in another tab.

EDIT: In my experience the people who do this tactic of stalling are impatient themselves and not willing to put up a real fight. Don't reward their behavior, stall them out and enjoy.

Exactly. I always watch videos on ******* while playing. You can tell someone is usually stalling as they will spam "Well Played" in chat... to which I never respond and allow them to waste their own time. I usually end up winning those matches they are trash players.

Exactly. I always watch videos on ******* while playing. You can tell someone is usually stalling as they will spam "Well Played" in chat... to which I never respond and allow them to waste their own time. I usually end up winning those matches they are trash players.

That's why I love Crushing Current.

Attaches electric energy to Voltorb

Opponent attaches energy to Ralts and paralyses with Psy Bolt

Voltorb evolves into electrode. Attaches DCE. Knocks out Ralts.

Opponent doesn't do anything and I knock out their pokemon one by one while browsing the net during the opponent's turn.

5 mins later

Opponent concedes

this "well played!" behavior is nothing else then asking for concede aka exploiting and its just way too much players using that!

Today I played around 25 matches, well... "played" is a strong word here, in leg mode arround 20 out of 25 matches started (and most of the time ended) with: "well played!" and then conceding or waiting for me to do so... most of the time with some angry smilies after they get that I wont do what they want.

U even find what this is about on reddit, they r waiting for there ELO to drop rly low, so the enemy is in advantage and then try to "win" games (said to be the fastes way to "farm") OR more easy they started to spam "well played" to ask for concede, what is forbidden as far as I know... but it looks like nobody cares!

I think the initial coin flip and selecting a starting Pokemon should be 20 seconds each and result in a Concede if you do not respond.

you can test it urself I dont think thats true 

I can test myself if I think it should be that?  Um...okay.  Yup, I do think that.

Archived