Sign in to follow this  
TTM_Styx

Interaction Between Aqua Tube and Heavy Boots?

TTM_Styx

I am not fully sure that this is a bug per se because I have not found any answers to the ruling in question, nonetheless, if it is a bug then I figured I might as well report it.

While playing a deck with Mega Slowbro EX (Evolutions 27), there were Heavy Boots (Breakthrough 141) attached to my active Mega Slowbro and a Manaphy (Breakpoint 116) on the bench. I used Low Roll Spin and became confused. I see where the interaction could occur due to Manaphy's Aqua Tube granting pokemon with Water Energy attached No Retreat Cost and Heavy Boots only working on Pokemon with 3 Retreat Cost or more, but I was under the impression that as long as the Pokemon had 3 retreat on the card, then Heavy Boots would work, despite other potential abilities or effects.

If that interaction is correct and this is not a bug, then my next question would be, would a non-team aqua pokemon with a 1 retreat cost be able to use the effects of Heavy Boots if Team Aqua's Secret Base (Double Crisis 28) were in play?

Edited by TTM_Styx

graywh

This is not a bug.  The retreat cost printed on a card is the starting/base value, but that is modified by other effects in play.

The answer to your question about Heavy Boots and Team Aqua's Secret Base is yes.

TTM_Styx

This is not a bug.  The retreat cost printed on a card is the starting/base value, but that is modified by other effects in play.

The answer to your question about Heavy Boots and Team Aqua's Secret Base is yes.

Much appreciated!

PeterCapObvious

Much appreciated!

Baring in mind that you will need to find a way to add the extra 1 retreat cost since the Aqua base increases it by only 1 :)

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this