Player harrassment

Kitabdar

İn legacy event i beat landorus-ex/garbodor deck with weavile/eggs deck like 4-5 turns

this guy  ı dont want to give his name he/she said some ugly words in event chat box

because of these incidents i closed my opent chat

well ı didnt say anything beacuse this is childish and this is only game

So i did support ticket is it really helping us this situation this is first time making support ticket

And what do you think about it

İn legacy event i beat landorus-ex/garbodor deck with weavile/eggs deck like 4-5 turns

this guy  ı dont want to give his name he/she said some ugly words in event chat box

because of these incidents i closed my opent chat

well ı didnt say anything beacuse this is childish and this is only game

So i did support ticket is it really helping us this situation this is first time making support ticket

And what do you think about it

You did the right thing. The support team will deal with the player and then they will take further action against him

Congrats on making a lando/garb player salty btw xD

And I will ask AGAIN before this thread is locked, why in the world did the open chat not get nixed?  I mean, as many have already said time and again, there is WAY more toxicity, harassment, and spamming in there than there ever was in-match.  Just, why?

Why would there be such toxicity? Because the game is completely unfair and biased, throwing all the benefits towards those who spent more time trying to show the others who wasted more time trying to brag about how many full arts they've collected instead of the people trying to have a good time.

Because there's no division between those who want to play the game for fun with their favorite Pokemon no matter how bad it is compared to the people who will use top-tier copy-pasted Meta Decks.

Because the Pokemon TCG doesn't ban or limit cards, leaving meta game being only three Decks. Look at how LONG Night March lasted until it was rotated out of Standard play. I recall when I looked on Pokemon's website about 'what to expect during TCG tournaments' because I was really excited to try out my old Diving Search Swampert Deck. "You either play Night March, or play something against Night March."

I get that people want to win, it's the point of the game. But when you have such toxic people just sticking to one or two Decks that barely have weaknesses while there are HUNDREDS of cards out there, you have yourself a **** card game. ****, I left Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh just to GET AWAY from the concept of only running two Decks while everything else is deemed, useless.

And there's no such thing as, "Oh, just play with your friends and collect the cards." How are you supposed to complete Trainer Challenges and get new cards? What about those who can't collect cards as easily as others?

Pokemon TCG is probably one of the most toxic games I've ever played. Konami is bad too, but at the very least they change their meta every new set.

Why would there be such toxicity? Because the game is completely unfair and biased, throwing all the benefits towards those who spent more time trying to show the others who wasted more time trying to brag about how many full arts they've collected instead of the people trying to have a good time.

Because there's no division between those who want to play the game for fun with their favorite Pokemon no matter how bad it is compared to the people who will use top-tier copy-pasted Meta Decks.

Because the Pokemon TCG doesn't ban or limit cards, leaving meta game being only three Decks. Look at how LONG Night March lasted until it was rotated out of Standard play. I recall when I looked on Pokemon's website about 'what to expect during TCG tournaments' because I was really excited to try out my old Diving Search Swampert Deck. "You either play Night March, or play something against Night March."

I get that people want to win, it's the point of the game. But when you have such toxic people just sticking to one or two Decks that barely have weaknesses while there are HUNDREDS of cards out there, you have yourself ****** card game. ****, I left Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh just to GET AWAY from the concept of only running two Decks while everything else is deemed, useless.

And there's no such thing as, "Oh, just play with your friends and collect the cards." How are you supposed to complete Trainer Challenges and get new cards? What about those who can't collect cards as easily as others?

Pokemon TCG is probably one of the most toxic games I've ever played. Konami is bad too, but at the very least they change their meta every new set.

I personally have a different view on this topic than you do.

1. Of course the game has to be biased to an extent. They want to sell cards, and having better odds after playing longer makes people feel like playing longer is actually worth it.

But where your logic goes wrong is when you say it's unfair. Yes, you need a few cards (shaymin-ex and staples) but apart from that? It doesn't matter if what you run. A sr ultra ball is no more useful than a regular art one. Most decks are equal after you get to a certain stage. I mean i was playing yellowswellow's rainbow road deck (has got to be the most exhilarating deck ever) and i almost got beaten by an amazingly built m-alakazam deck. Anything can happen if you play right

2. We are talking about tournaments. OP clearly mentioned that it was a tournament chat.

If you want to use your "I don't care about wins, i want to have fun" decks in pvp and feel bad you get beaten, go for it. But don't increase the stakes with 8 tickets and then feel bad.

Also referring to both statements at once with this one-> The opponent was using a landorus-ex garbodor deck. Firstly it is the biggest deck in the legacy meta AND it has some pretty expensive cards (landorus-ex and junk arms make up a lot of it) So both of your arguments are invalid in this scenario

3. yeah i agree with you about night march. But at least now, it's in the expanded format alongside trev, landorus-ex, bats and karen. Plenty of competition to say the least.

I don't want to argue with the rest of your argument. Partially because there's some truth in there, and partially since it's just a salty rant and arguing would serve no purpose except for you to lash out at me as toxic. Hopefully sometime when you're less "upset" we can talk in pm and maybe discuss alternative decks you can try and how to tech them to counter the meta (there's no such thing as destroying a meta. Just realizing what it is, accepting it and allowing yourself to counter it is the way to become a better player)

Awesome Guy...your response...it's just...it's like art.  There's nothing I could add.  You hit every single point, and did it while not being snarky or mean.  Wow, like seriously great response!

You've probably heard this one a million times, but if you want to see real toxicity go play League of Legends. The kind of stuff I saw in the two years I played that thing before I got fed up and quit makes the "toxicity" over here look like child's play.

That doesn't make harrassment of any sort acceptable just because it's not as bad, but you're blowing this way out of proportions. Saying that the PTCGO, of all things, is one of the most toxic games out there is a grosd exaggeration.

As far as your complaints on the meta, I feel that you simply lack the experience or knowledge to pilot a different deck that doesn't get stomped by the popular decks. You can't ask for all cards to be equally viable, because like it or not, "some are more equal than others".

You pointed out that you moved from Yugi because you didn't like there only being 2 or so viable decks. I won't even check if that statement is true or not, but I can tell you this much: I have a friend who plays Yugi and I know for a fact that in that game there exist both restricted and banned cards based on their impact on the game. For example, Monster Reborn is limited to 1 per deck and Cyber Jar is banned [you probably knew that already, just listing some examples]. So, even though they do restrict or ban cards that are too OP (unlike the PTCG where only 2 cards ever have faced this treatment, not counting FT), they still only have 2 or so viable decks (source: you).

On the other side, in the PTCG there are a plethora of viable decks even though there are essentially no banned cards or tier based formats. They are not all tier 1, granted, but most definetly viable. Back when I used to ladder grind with Night March I would face every so often a surprise deck that seemed completely troll and yet they ended up kicking my ***. There are no unbeatable decks. There are only decks that net wins more consistantly than others, but all decks that are properly constructed have a fair chance of winning, even if with varying degrees of success.

Archived