Strategy for Crushing Current

Adkon

all theme decks have the same strategy charge your strong pokemon and hope he win you the game

now crushing current is OP due to the damage they deal combare to the energy cost they need

raichu deal 100~160 damage for 2 colorless energys (and they have DCE) 

zapdos deal 120 damage for 3 energys and he is basic even with the damage recoil thats to cheap for a strong attack

electrod (if used right) cost 0 energys to attack as you dont lose any energys if he got knocked out

Everyone says crushing current is op, but I don't see how. What is the strategy for it? Like what is the gameplan?

There are only people singing about how it is OP because they witnessed a mix of luck and good playing.  Theme decks are heavy handed, but some, like this one, can actually flow very well.  Nearly all of the online exclusive decks are a tier above official theme decks.

The plan is to get electrodes up and running ASAP so you don't lose your energy placement, then follow up with Raichu.  It is very efficient, and no one plays the fighting deck anymore, so you have literally no weakness in current play, while being able to exploit Gyarados' weakness.  These things together make it very good currently(pun intended).

I havent used this deck or unlocked it yet, but I think the main goal of this deck is to try to get a dce on your pikachu and evolve it as soon as possible to raichu while getting skyfield and many pokemon out to do 160 maximum damage each time 

I havent used this deck or unlocked it yet, but I think the main goal of this deck is to try to get a dce on your pikachu and evolve it as soon as possible to raichu while getting skyfield and many pokemon out to do 160 maximum damage each time 

With only one sky field and no Skyla, that can be hard to do and is EXTREMELY luck based.  There are a couple good strategies here, that will work depending upon what you start with.  It is very versatile, which is another reason this deck is so good.

Theme deck called Dark Hammer should be good encounter for Crushing Current 

Because of ligtning  type pok usually weak against fight type pok

İn past Dark Hammer very popular with events so it is good deck

but ı have never try against crushing current for Dark Hammer

So im not sure,try every fighting theme deck you can find

I really like Crushing Current. :)

For answering to your questions, well,UselessEx have just said all, plus, normal pikes in that deck are really strong and usefull. I'm talking about Kangaskhan (4 energy= mega punch 100) and Fearow (4 energy = Drill run 70, can discarde an energy on your opponent). 

Then, raichu with 2 energy have an attack that is 20x every Pokemon on the bench, and it costs 2 colorless energy, DCE is Double colorless energy.

Raichu, Electrode and Kangaskhan have Ground as weakness, but Zapdos and Fearow have a resistence against it.

I think the big one on that Deck is not raichu but Zapdos that can hit you with a 120 damage attack, without changes. (Raichu mostly depend of your bench).

Anyway, with that deck, I always lost, and I repeat always, against the red deck. The one with Delphox and Furret on the cover. 

Hope I help you. :)

i personally find crushing current to be the strongest theme deck by far. In fact the only times i've lost more than two prizes were in mirror matches (don't get me wrong, i've got donked a couple of times, but the majority i won by far)

The reasons i find crushing current so strong are:

1. zapdos-

there was another theme deck which had zapdos, mainly orbiting around summoning it. And once you did that, the game was practically yours. Something like that. It has incredible health and huge attack power (almost enough to ko anything)

2. raichu-

There are two raichus in your deck. Each can be used for a mere 2 energy (including double colourless) and can hit for 100 without stadium

And if you play that stadium (which is hard to remove for most decks) 160. That's the highest damage you can do in theme apart from gyarados which needs 5 water energy to average above that (now compare that to one dce, higher hp of pikachu, and the higher availability of raichu in the deck)

In comparison, pangoro of dark hammer does 80 damage for 3 energy and same with gyarados of xy blue

but in contrast, raichu is easier to power up (you can set it up for attack in 1 turn if you have that dce) and it has 0 retreat compared to the three of pangoro and gyarados

3. electrode

People have said it before and i'll repeat this

Electrode needs virtually no energy.

It has 90 hp meaning next to nothing is going to ko it without a warning shot. And as soon as you get one, you can shift all your energy back onto your bench.

Which means as soon as it's ko-ed, you can do up to 100 with raichu or 120 with zapdos as a follow up (without even energizing)

4. Insane amounts of draw-

This deck has 2 lucky helmets (along with high hp pokemon which can wear those helmets effectively) as well as a bunch of tierno's and shaunas. Winona can thin your deck out and so can fan club. All in all, a lot of supporters

This all plus the two ultra balls means you'll most likely have the hand you need

5. Versatility

Almost no matter what you start with, crushing current usually has a way to move ahead.

With mental might, your ultimate aim is summoning those two gallades, with basic red- delphox. But with crushing current, you have two raichus, two zapdos and kangaskhan all which can hit for insane damage, as well as two electrodes to store energy for energizing another pokemon later.

To sum up, i'd just like to say that if you haven't tried crushing current yet, do try it. There's a reason people randomly concede against it even in tournaments

Basic Orange and Voltage Vortex have the strongest matchup against Crushing Current.

Basic Orange has enough fire power, and enough resistance-ignoring Pokemon to power through Zapdos and Fearow. As long as it doesn't get the occasional bad starting hand with none of its strong trainer cards, it'll usually win.

Voltage Vortex is super-effective against Zapdos and Fearow, plus it is one of only a few decks that can stop Sky Field due to its own stadium.

Basic Orange and Voltage Vortex have the strongest matchup against Crushing Current.

Basic Orange has enough fire power, and enough resistance-ignoring Pokemon to power through Zapdos and Fearow. As long as it doesn't get the occasional bad starting hand with none of its strong trainer cards, it'll usually win.

Voltage Vortex is super-effective against Zapdos and Fearow, plus it is one of only a few decks that can stop Sky Field due to its own stadium.

bro both decks you are mentioning are way outdated. I mean apart from as a (somewhat) counter to crushing current i doubt they have been used at all in the current format (basic orange wasn't used even before xy basic decks came out since it was so inconsistent)

Archived