How many Shaymin-EX'es do you need?

OSURaider993

I'm currently running a Xerneas Rainbow Force deck but am currently trying to save up to buy a Shaymin or 2...The question is how many Shaymin's do you actually need to build some of the other Meta Decks (Mewtwo, Scizor, etc)

Generally every deck that uses Shaymin on average uses 2 for good consistency, but it depends on the deck, Rainbow road will use 1-2 shays, Rayquaza and Gard will use 4 shays etc 

I run only 2 in my Rayquaza deck and its very good. 2 are enough, but 3 adding best consistency and flow to any meta deck. 4 is too much for me :)

How many do I need?  ALL OF THEM!!!  BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

I only have one.  I think I would like two.  One has been enough, though.

For my draw support i run

* 2 Shaymins EX

* 4 Professor Sycamore

* 2 N's

I don't usually have any issues with draw support, infact i'd go as far to say that if I dropped a 3rd shaymin i'd trade it rather than use it in my deck as I could burn through a full deck in very few turns if i wished.

I wish Professor Oaks Hint was a sturdy card but the turn ending ruins it. I can only see it being useful if you land it turn 1 with a few basic pokemon and item cards you can burn through?

I suggest using 1-4.

0 would not be enough, but 5 would actually be overkill.

You can create the middle value and use 2.5 Shaymins.

For that, simply tear 1 Shaymin in half and put it in your deck. (it will only draw you up to 3 cards then tho)

^ You are supposed to reshuffle your Shaymin-EX back in your deck with Ninja-boy. (after AZ rotated out of standard, that's the card to use)

If it just sits on your bench, it's easy food for Lysandre.

1 is already enough.

Also why get Shaymin EX for a one-time draw power when you can get Octillery for a consistent draw power?

Shaymin can come out before garbodor sets up and is better for explosive starts. Octillery is more late game and protects you from getting N'ed when you're ahead. 

Octillery takes up more space with 2-2 line + usually float stones at least. 

Archived