Event bug

beartic42

Just went to play an Expanded 8 ticket Event. It said "Waiting for opponent to load game" then all of the sudden it popped up and said Defeat. Lost my 8 tickets and the tournament and never got to play. What gives?

This happened to me recently (within last 12 hours or so), and I assumed my competitor just had to go. But when I left the match screen and the tournament bracket appeared, all four quarterfinal slots were filled. It surely wasn't coincidence that each match had a player leave prior to starting. I've also noticed more of random card freezing as the draw and things like that...not sure if connected, but its surely frustrating when it resolves into a loss. 

Same bug just happened to me in an expanded tournamnet-Final round. Somehow when I left the site and logged back in it said my opponent won even though he had a psychic deck and I had an dark deck.(How that was configured beats all logic I can think of LOL!) U______U 

I just play tournament in expand win first round but when I move from PC to my ipad I re log in and when I come in game all my collection deck vanish all I re log In many time but It can't solve and my match can't start even I have opponent to play in tournament chart

I decide to quite tournament because of this and I re log in again it solve but I waste 8 ticket because event like that

I sent ticket about this situation but I think they not compensate anything

Edit

Again in final round I cant play in Final Round and opponent win without fight

• 4 weeks later...

*** DEVS READ THIS ****!!!! I LOSE ALL MY TICKETS AND I PAY FOR THEM! ******!

Totally unrelated, but don't buy tickets dude >.< It's a complete rip-off. At that point you might as well buy codes and you'll get more millage out of your money. I don't mind the idea of buying tickets, but they need to something about the price if they want to make buying tickets even moderately tempting.

Regarding the actual report, are you guys certain that you weren't disconnected from the game? Disconnections can happen for both problems on your end (such as your internet connection) or problems on the server's end. If you were disconnected, you would also get the "waiting for your opponent to connect" message because from your side the game only knows that it can't detect your opponent (because you d/c'd), and thus the only thing it can conclude is that it's your opponent the one who hasn't connected. Of course, if by the time you reconnect you have already used up the 3-5 min you are allowed to come back (forgot how many exactly but it's something within that range), as soon as you reconnect you will receive an auto-loss because the game will finally realize that you timed out.

If you guys are experiencing frequent disconnects both on VS and in tournaments, it's more likely that the problem is on your end. If not, it's more likely that the server derped momentarily. It could still be the game's problem even if the disconnects are frequent, but since the servers are not that unstable currently (although the game is afflicted by a series of bugs, server stability isn't one of its biggest problems right now).

If you've already tried all you could  on your end to avoid this issue, all that's left to do is to send a support ticket and wait for more specialized assistance.

Hi all, 

If you're experiencing issues with Tournaments, send in a ticket to the Support Team. They'll be able to look into the issue from their end. If you experience the issues a lot, you may want to check your connection and updates to make sure all necessary drivers are added correctly.

If you find yourself experiencing issues connecting all in a row, I'd hold off for a bit and try again later. 

You can contact the Support Team by going to support.pokemon.com and clicking Ask a Question.

Thanks!

Archived