Please help me improving my first created Deck

DPC_Teddy

I recently tried creating a new deck to use in the standard format, since i want to try else from the usual Theme Format which is growing a little stale on me currently.

Here's what i have so far:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Ampharos-EX AOR 27

* 1 M Ampharos-EX AOR 28

* 1 Dedenne BKT 57

* 2 Mareep STS 38

* 2 Flaaffy STS 39

* 2 Ampharos STS 40

* 2 Shinx BKP 44

* 2 Luxio BKP 45

* 2 Luxray BKP 46

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 1 Lysandre AOR 78

* 2 Evosoda GEN 62

* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102

* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146

* 2 Super Rod BKT 149

* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103

* 2 Fisherman BKT 136

* 2 Pokémon Center Lady ******

* 3 Skyla BKT 148

* 4 Poké Ball KSS 35

* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

* 1 Switch KSS 38

* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72

* 3 Professor Sycamore *******

* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

* 1 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 12

* 2 Double Colorless Energy *** 114

* 9 Lightning Energy Energy 4

* 1 Flash Energy AOR 83

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I don't think it's too good, since i don't exactly know which kind of trainer cards i have to use with the deck, but i rather have someone look over it who knows his/her stuff.

I tried to follow a guide which advised to use a combination of 15 Pokemon, 35 Trainer crads, and 10 energy cards for competetive decks, since you can either have too much energy or too much Pokémon, but trainer cards are awlways useful.

So, what should i improve?

That one mamphros line isn't doing much. I'd suggest scrapping it. ----- It's a good base, but you need a stronger attacker. Try switching the Luxray for Raikou, and running a Magnezone line for energy acceleration. ------- Add a bunch of rare candies, and add a few level ball. For support, add a bunch of sycamore and N. -------- Energy can porbably be changed to 2 ******************.------ Good luck!

It depends on what's your plan.

to start your main attacker. Seems to be shared between Ampharos EX/Mega and 2-2-2 Luxray. Actually, you should focus on having at least 3-3 of the EX or 3-1-3 line of the Stage2 with Rare candies. This is because you're mainly interested in the stage2 so jumping over the middle stage helps to be faster and hit stronger before.

Then the techs, Ampharos to hit an EX whenever it is and Dedenne which actually doesn't help a lot (so you could remove maybe). Ampharos also wastes a lot of space so, as with the rare candies you could make 2-1-2 line.

Both of your attackers need a lot of energies. Luxray 3, Ampharos EX 3 and Mega 4. So you should think in a way to set up fast because if not, your opponent will KO you before you even make an attack. As playing Electric, that could be Magnezone [bkT54] as tech with its ability. But again, it's a Stage2 so you need a lot of space and as being your main tech a 3-1-3 line for consistency (better than 2-1-2) so you should choose something to remove from the deck (a lot of evolution lines are hard to set up and still harder to do it fast), probably the entire Luxray line.

Actually I would make a M Ampharos/Magnezone deck without the Luxray because the EX are Basic and "stage1" so it's not so much space and you need the space for your Tech pokémon Stage2. That being told, of course it's up to you what to do and if still keeping the Stage2 Ampharos line too.

And another think, though having 15 pokémon, just 6 are basic so probably going to mulligan more often than not, giving extra cards to your opponent at the start (and N will help you in this case). another good basic to add could be Raikou [bKT55] to increase the number of basic in the deck.

Talking about N, lets go with the trainers. A staple line for Standard would be:

4 Sycamore
2-3 N (that would help you to make your opponent back to 6 cards at the start after some mulligans).
4 Vs Seeker
4 UB
2 Lysandre
1 Pokémon Ranger

And for this deck probably

2 Clemont (to get energies)
3 Rare candies (for the Magnezone evo)
2-3 Float Stone (For the Magnezone and eventually any other pokémon free retreat)
1 Special charge (Recover DCEs)
3-4 Rough seas (Stadium)
3 Spirit links (don't forget!! You can't loose a turn just evolving)
1-2 Fisherman (recover energies from discard once you've been KOed and re-attack via MagneZ)
Eventually Prof letter and or Energy retrieval are the items to supply Clemont and Fisherman.
1 Super rod

And maybe

1 Skyla (to search for item cards, stadium or next turn supporter)
1 Olympia (switch + healing a M Ampharos a bit)
1-2 Level ball (for the Magnemite)
2-3 Trainers' mail (would help to speed up)

But you have to choose (based on your budget or collection or your playstyle, or for what works better...) as what I said it's all the possibilities that came to my mind. And still probably could be some more.

Finally the energies, having around 8-10 basic and 4 DCE.

I got a M Ampharos FA at 2 random packs last week in public so still those EX cost 1-2 packs as much, not a lot if you really like the deck and want to try it. And a list I made also last week (not the perfect list, a fast one to start to try and still don't know if it's better Clemont or Fisherman), is like that:

##Pokémon - 12

* 3 Ampharos-EX
* 2 M Ampharos-EX
* 3 Magnemite BKT 51
* 1 Magneton BKT 53
* 3 Magnezone BKT 54

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Professor Sycamore
* 2 N
* 2 Lysandre
* 4 VS Seeker
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 2 Clemont GEN 59
* 1 Pokémon Ranger
* 1 Skyla BKP
* 3 Rare Candy
* 3 Float Stone
* 1 Super Rod
* 1 Special Charge
* 2 Level B
* Three Ampharos Spirit Link

* 3 Rough Seas (Stadium)

##Energy - 13

* 4 Double Colorless Energy
* 9 Lightning Energy

Of course, you need to work over your own deck so if any question or thought let me know :)

Archived