Delete

WuBMaYNE

Sometimes the RNG will not give up making your day worse.

Type Weakness Matchups, really bad opening hand draws, 10 mulligans, stuff like that happens.

I've been telling them for month that the RNG is messed up, but they won't fix it either way.

Seriously.

I've lost like 20 in a row, why won't this game give me balanced opponents? It's not fair that I'm wasting all of this time playing your game and I'm not getting any rewards for it.

Stick with it man, this game is a slow start. If you like, you can friend me in-game and I will hook you up with some codes and take a look at your decks.

On a very related note, the RNG can be extremely unforgiving, and I am currently in a RNG **** right now. It is especially bad during the last 5-10 days of the VS ladder, and is also super jammed up during the 24 ticket standard format tournaments. Whenever the server is jammed up, you can bet on horrible RNG. Try playing at non peak times, which seems to be (going by central time, USA) from 3pm -10pm.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it depends on which deck you're playing, which techs you put in and frankly whether you're good or not, if you can't beat anyone why not stick to Theme deck battles ? they offer a balanced deck choice I.e no deck is too op or too weak, until you actually get used to the game and get better cards.

Seriously.

I've lost like 20 in a row, why won't this game give me balanced opponents? It's not fair that I'm wasting all of this time playing your game and I'm not getting any rewards for it.

The matchmaking here is horrible if you play for exampl a fire deck you will see water decks mostly, I wish they could use something like MMR as other games do but here depends on your deck

The matchmaking here is horrible if you play for exampl a fire deck you will see water decks mostly, I wish they could use something like MMR as other games do but here depends on your deck

It seems to me your problem is you're using fie decks. Every deck should have plenty of type counters so that it doesn't mind facing a supereffectivity.

No, you got that backwards. It's exactly the opposite: the game uses MMR to find your opponent and type matchup is completely irrelevant. It is for this very reason that you can face bad matchups often and specially so if you're using deck types that get countered by popular decks. The game isn't giving you bad matchups on purpose, but rather, it simply doesn't give ******. It will match you against someone with a similar MMR regardless of which decks are being used.

In Standard you'll see a lot of Greninjas, in Theme you'll see Hidden Depths and Basic Blue pretty often, in Expanded there are a lot of Blastoise/Keldeo decks due to the release of the Battle Arena decks. Dunno about legacy, but that's at least 3/4 formats that have popular water decks, so it's no wonder your fire decks are getting countered left and right.

Do you really want them to LET you win?  Without adversity there is no accomplishment.  I think Buddha said that, or maybe Frodo, or was it Seabiscuit?

Do you really want them to LET you win?  Without adversity there is no accomplishment.  I think Buddha said that, or maybe Frodo, or was it Seabiscuit?

The closest one I found is fron Frederick Douglass: "Without a struggle, there can be no progress"

Losing over and over again is frustrsting, but the correct answer is not to be allowed to win but rather to improve onself to the point where you can succeed through your own merits.

No, you got that backwards. It's exactly the opposite: the game uses MMR to find your opponent and type matchup is completely irrelevant. It is for this very reason that you can face bad matchups often and specially so if you're using deck types that get countered by popular decks. The game isn't giving you bad matchups on purpose, but rather, it simply doesn't give ******. It will match you against someone with a similar MMR regardless of which decks are being used.

In Standard you'll see a lot of Greninjas, in Theme you'll see Hidden Depths and Basic Blue pretty often, in Expanded there are a lot of Blastoise/Keldeo decks due to the release of the Battle Arena decks. Dunno about legacy, but that's at least 3/4 formats that have popular water decks, so it's no wonder your fire decks are getting countered left and right.

Oh really? well then it is just me when I switch decks like I can easily play only darktina, vileplume and yveltal fright night and my M mewtwo-ex Y and won most of my games but if I swap to my gardevoir I get inmediatly M scizor mostly which I rarely see with my other decks weird uh, same thing with other couple decks at least with my main decks I don't care about which deck I am playing against except M mewtwo auto loss agains M gardevoir but that's how it works.

​The thing is while using M gardevoir I only see M scizor like 80% of the time and I go back to play my main decks, greninja is barely played in standard I only see 1 like in 15 games, is pretty bad atm in standard, and funny thing when I use volcanion-ex deck I never see a M scizor lol

Oh really? well then it is just me when I switch decks like I can easily play only darktina, vileplume and yveltal fright night and my M mewtwo-ex Y and won most of my games but if I swap to my gardevoir I get inmediatly M scizor mostly which I rarely see with my other decks weird uh, same thing with other couple decks at least with my main decks I don't care about which deck I am playing against except M mewtwo auto loss agains M gardevoir but that's how it works.

​The thing is while using M gardevoir I only see M scizor like 80% of the time and I go back to play my main decks, greninja is barely played in standard I only see 1 like in 15 games, is pretty bad atm in standard, and funny thing when I use volcanion-ex deck I never see a M scizor lol

I wouldn't be surprised if the system were broken and if you were being given bad matchups consistently by an error but completely by accident. I can assure you this is not how it's supposed to work at least.

However, I think that these sort of things need actual data gathering to be proved. I honestly don't want to touch the subject of RNG becase I've ended up in really heated debates about that in the past and to this day I still don't think anyone has any solid evidence for or against it. So I'll limit myself to only say a few things about it.

It's entirely possible that you just have bad luck. I know, it sounds like a lame excuse, but it's possible. If you only have a couple hundred of games under your belt (just throwing a number, I don't really know how many you've played), assuming you get matched against a random guy with a similar MMR, it's not that unlikely that most of them have been against a bad type simply because of chance.

It's also possible that confirmation bias is playing a part here. If you're expecting to get bad matchups, you will unconsciously notice more the bad games than you will the good ones. When you look back in hindsight, it really does appear that you get more unfavorable matchups than you get good ones.

The only way of beating both of these difficulties when evaluating the fairness of the system is to record data. Maybe not entire game logs, but when you play record the matchup and the result (which deck or deck archetype both you and your oponen were using and which games ended in victory and which in defeat). If after several hundreds of games you can objectively see a pattern, and said patter is not related to the popular meta decks being played more often than some other forgotten deck types, then you've got yourself in your hands a broken system 100% confirmed xd

I wouldn't be surprised if the system were broken and if you were being given bad matchups consistently by an error but completely by accident. I can assure you this is not how it's supposed to work at least.

However, I think that these sort of things need actual data gathering to be proved. I honestly don't want to touch the subject of RNG becase I've ended up in really heated debates about that in the past and to this day I still don't think anyone has any solid evidence for or against it. So I'll limit myself to only say a few things about it.

It's entirely possible that you just have bad luck. I know, it sounds like a lame excuse, but it's possible. If you only have a couple hundred of games under your belt (just throwing a number, I don't really know how many you've played), assuming you get matched against a random guy with a similar MMR, it's not that unlikely that most of them have been against a bad type simply because of chance.

It's also possible that confirmation bias is playing a part here. If you're expecting to get bad matchups, you will unconsciously notice more the bad games than you will the good ones. When you look back in hindsight, it really does appear that you get more unfavorable matchups than you get good ones.

The only way of beating both of these difficulties when evaluating the fairness of the system is to record data. Maybe not entire game logs, but when you play record the matchup and the result (which deck or deck archetype both you and your oponen were using and which games ended in victory and which in defeat). If after several hundreds of games you can objectively see a pattern, and said patter is not related to the popular meta decks being played more often than some other forgotten deck types, then you've got yourself in your hands a broken system 100% confirmed xd

At least I can tell about this while using M gardevoir or M mewtwo Y decks and this is the reason why I barely use them in vs I only have like 8 decks and play only standard and I almost forgot that I was getting paired with electric type decks while using fright night yveltal in vs but hey that's me! at least I never see this behavior in events(tournaments) winning almost every single tournament using fright night yveltal might tell you how good the deck is at least so I save those decks for friends or events, I can't really use them on ladder

At least I can tell about this while using M gardevoir or M mewtwo Y decks and this is the reason why I barely use them in vs I only have like 8 decks and play only standard and I almost forgot that I was getting paired with electric type decks while using fright night yveltal in vs but hey that's me! at least I never see this behavior in events(tournaments) winning almost every single tournament using fright night yveltal might tell you how good the deck is at least so I save those decks for friends or events, I can't really use them on ladder

Tournaments are a bit different because there is actually no matchmaking there. 8 people gather, the tournament starts. That's all there is to it. That can be good or bad, it depends a lot. In a sense it's more "random", but its biggest downside is that it tends to match completely inexperienced players with people who for the most part know what they are doing. But either way, the distribution of the decks you see played in tournaments tends to be different.

Been getting the same thing can't stand it lately. Use a fire deck keep getting water match ups. Started a mega Blastoise deck keep getting grass...

It was fine a few days ago you'd get an even spread of matches. Now it's just poor games consistently. I have multiple decks for standard and some very good ones for this meta but what's the point when every match seem to favour the opponent. Guess it's why people play the game in real life. No scripted draws, starting hand, opponents, coin flips...

Slowly getting tired of the game.

It might even be the developers intention to throw as many bad matchups at you as possible, so you are forced to switch decks to get out of the cycle of doom.

But yeah, avoiding peak times sounds about right.

Been getting the same thing can't stand it lately. Use a fire deck keep getting water match ups. Started a mega Blastoise deck keep getting grass...

It was fine a few days ago you'd get an even spread of matches. Now it's just poor games consistently. I have multiple decks for standard and some very good ones for this meta but what's the point when every match seem to favour the opponent. Guess it's why people play the game in real life. No scripted draws, starting hand, opponents, coin flips...

I just want to say one thing about this. I play IRL and my reasons are the following:

> I love collecting the physical cards. They look good on the screen but the actual cards are just so pretty. My small collection of FA supporters is my pride and joy, and my FA Iris is my absolutely favorite card. She's just so gorgeous, I never get tired of looking at that card xd But anyways...

> Sitting with my friends at a big table with all of our TCG equipment and play all night long simply has more charm to me than doing the same but alone at my house staring at my screen.

> Opening a physical booster is somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me. I know it's all up to luck (and that I don't have infinite funds xd), but it's mysteriously exiting.

> I can make small talk with my opponent, more so if it's a close friend. Even before the chat was gone, for me it was more fun to talk face to face. I still miss the chat though :*

* The decks people use at my local league are pretty varied. I do see tier 1 decks from time to time but it's mostly just each guy playing his favorite deck, and they all work surprisingly well even against the stronger meta decks.

So in short, no. I don't play irl because it doesn't have scripted whatever. Bad luck is just as common irl (can't show you proof of it in case you're skeptical, sadly, so just take my word for it. I play a lot in real life and ****** luck is pretty common).

EDIT: Oh, and that list is in order of priority. I really do love my Iris.... er, I mean all of my FA Supporters. Yup, all of them. Totally no bias towards Iris xd

I kept having matchups like this with my m gardevoir until I made a different one with galvantula, dragonite, ******* and couple other cards, I finally finished a trainer challenge because I stopped getting paired with m scizor, then by mistake I grabbed my other m gardevoir and got m scizor again lol

• 1 month later...

Except that there are people who can't play the game in real life, for various reasons... <_<

one thing i don't understand is how the game rng/mmr could have anything to do with you getting match ups. For every one bad match up it gives out it has to give out one good match up. (meaning if it's a bad match up for you, it's a good one for your opponent)

Which pretty much makes it impossible for the game to give everyone bad matches. You only notice when luck goes against you.

And even if you didn't understand what i was saying, how would you propose a fix? match everyone up such that nobody gets a weakness?

one thing i don't understand is how the game rng/mmr could have anything to do with you getting match ups. For every one bad match up it gives out it has to give out one good match up. (meaning if it's a bad match up for you, it's a good one for your opponent)

Game could (not saying it does) match you against a new player when you have disvantage, and match against a more experienced player when you have the advantage, so being a middle experienced player would suck.

• 1 month later...

I will help you if u want

I just want to say one thing about this. I play IRL and my reasons are the following:

> I love collecting the physical cards. They look good on the screen but the actual cards are just so pretty. My small collection of FA supporters is my pride and joy, and my FA Iris is my absolutely favorite card. She's just so gorgeous, I never get tired of looking at that card xd But anyways...

> Sitting with my friends at a big table with all of our TCG equipment and play all night long simply has more charm to me than doing the same but alone at my house staring at my screen.

> Opening a physical booster is somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me. I know it's all up to luck (and that I don't have infinite funds xd), but it's mysteriously exiting.

> I can make small talk with my opponent, more so if it's a close friend. Even before the chat was gone, for me it was more fun to talk face to face. I still miss the chat though :*

* The decks people use at my local league are pretty varied. I do see tier 1 decks from time to time but it's mostly just each guy playing his favorite deck, and they all work surprisingly well even against the stronger meta decks.

So in short, no. I don't play irl because it doesn't have scripted whatever. Bad luck is just as common irl (can't show you proof of it in case you're skeptical, sadly, so just take my word for it. I play a lot in real life and ****** luck is pretty common).

EDIT: Oh, and that list is in order of priority. I really do love my Iris.... er, I mean all of my FA Supporters. Yup, all of them. Totally no bias towards Iris xd

I agree with everything you just said. I wish I had iris fa so bad, although my favorite fa supporter is N( no I don't have it) because:

1. artwork is cool

2. It's worth huge money

3. N is my all time favorite character in the show

• WuBMaYNE changed the title to Delete

Archived