Please, fix the chat censure

Yrkomm

Just to point out, Fates Collide is technically FCo. ---------- But yes, the censors are crazy.  Then again, it must be a boring life, being a piece of code that does nothing but look at bad words all day...  They're probably just trying to have a :P little fun.

I just can't understand why some words are blocked. I tried to write "( ------- hopefully" without the dashes and it was blocked. Why on earth would a parenthesis followed by the word hopefully be ******* blocked?

We are constantly reassessing and updating the language filters. Unfortunately, some legitimate words in one language may be considered profane in another and is therefore censored.

We are constantly reassessing and updating the language filters. Unfortunately, some legitimate words in one language may be considered profane in another and is therefore censored.

Yep*, that's why you can never talk about how a car* cut in front of a bus* here. The whole thing gets censored.

But it doesn't, really.

Would love if the mods would try to have a normal conversation on PTCGO, see how it goes. 

It makes helping people harder and in general communication becomes frustrating. WHY does it have to axe the ENTIRE message u type? Why can it not just censor the exact word that was a problem? It's hard to learn about what the offending word was when the whole message gets destroyed. 

This is why I never cared much about chat getting canned, because the censor ruined chat to begin with. 

In what language are numbers profane? Binary?

And what's the one where adding ( to hopefully makes it a swear word?

I understand the need for censorship (aside from the fact that getting past any filter, including this one, takes approximately 3 seconds) but what's happening here is riddiculous.

It's really bad here, I've never experienced such inconvenience and absurdity trying to post on any other forums.  My favorite is when you're trying to explain a technical problem by posting an image link of a screen shot - not allowed....  Like come on.  Or recently it wouldn't let me type "Samsung Galaxy Tab S", that was censored.  So ridiculous.  Seriously, turn the filters down, WAY DOWN!

Don't worry, at least they provided 4 choices for in game chat.  Hello, Well Played, This Game is Horribly Slow and Your Deck is Awesome.

All it needs is Goodbye and its the perfect sentence to describe trying to play without the chat sometimes. "Hello, Well Played, This Game is Horribly Slow and Your Deck is Awesome. Goodbye"

Archived