HGSS theme deck

FeiFeiFatsss

It depends. They are very nice for collection purposes, and could get you some useful cards to play Legacy (and maybe some reprinted since today cards with older look)

As theme decks... I didn't play it but older decks are slower so not competitive. If you want it to play, they use to be bad and doesn't worth too much.

Up to you of course. I'll get it :D

No. Just no.

If you are looking for a deck that is actually good in the theme deck format, do not waste your tokens on HGSS decks. They are very bad in the Theme deck format.

Older cards have a way lower power level than modern cards, means higher energy cost for less attack power, worse stats in general and the decks are often poorly build without enough cards that draw you cards.

They are a collectible, people buy them because they are rare to get and for the flip coins included, but not to seriously earn boosters with them.

I bought the red deck just for the Cyndaquil motive coin. Call me crazy, but that 500 tokens were worth getting a fitting coin for my Standard format Typhlosion deck.

No. Just no.

If you are looking for a deck that is actually good in the theme deck format, do not waste your tokens on HGSS decks. They are very bad in the Theme deck format.

Older cards have a way lower power level than modern cards, means higher energy cost for less attack power, worse stats in general and the decks are often poorly build without enough cards that draw you cards.

They are a collectible, people buy them because they are rare to get and for the flip coins included, but not to seriously earn boosters with them.

I bought the red deck just for the Cyndaquil motive coin. Call me crazy, but that 500 tokens were worth getting a fitting coin for my Standard format Typhlosion deck.

Hardly crazy. I bought a playset of feraligatr primes just in case I need them one day.

Though I got a couple of shaymins and a kingdra prime in the boosters so I'm not complaining.

I still recommend getting the theme decks for collection purposes though.

I buy Growth Clash and I can't bit a first trainer in challange :( I want get boosters but I can its crazy.
If we can play the same collection decks its be better :)

i finally finished the trainer challenges for all 3 decks - it sometimes took awhile as you have to get a good opening set of cards & have the trainer get a poor start. it was doable but frustrating - the first trainer with the growth clash was one of the worst for me as well

Archived