How to recognize "pulled from a pack" or "from Battle Arena" cards? List? (help please)

Chasista

Lately some existing cards have been re-released in bundles and seem to be same card as they're not Promos and have the set mark and number BUT in the TCGO they exist as 2 different cards (ones pulled from packs, other released from bundle codes).

Main example right now it's Keldeo EX vs Rayaza EX Battle Arena decks which duplicate both Rayquaza EX [DrX85] and Keldeo EX [bCr49].

As long as I can remember this happened before with Darkrai EX [DEx63] and Mewtwo EX [NxD54] from the previous Battle Arena.

As for the Keldeo and Rayquaza I think (not sure tho) that the ones on the right side when opening the right down arrow to see all the existing cards and evos, are the ones from the packs (and left are from bundles). Does someone knows?

As for Darkrai and Mewtwo could someone tell us if it's the same?

Do you know more examples of cards same situation?

So... how can I know which one is from a pack and what from a tin/deck/bundle? Even some companies differ prize between "pulled from a pack" and the others.

And the worst, it's not noticeable in trades BEFORE accepting which it's really a problem :(

Who can throw some light over this? Thanks!

TCGO duplicated cards

Darkrai EX [DEx63]

Mewtwo EX [NxD54]

Keldeo EX [bCr49].

Rayquaza EX [DrX85]

They have a slightly different pattern in more of a rainbow way, but if you want to check for yourself go check in unowned cards and compare them

I agree they should add a way to see where the card comes from I also think it would be for holos as well, it is very hard to tell if it is holo or not on some cards, 2 weeks ago I learned that my octillery were holo, I never saw, I have also had trades rejected for cards being holo.

Theres no definite way to tell, however, through extensive research and help from others, I have the battle arena mewtwo and darkrai marked under review, while the regular ones are not.  As for keldeo and rayquaza, once i heard the Keldeo v Rayquaza battle arena decks were being released, I put the single version of each card (at the time there was just one, since the battle arena deck wasnt released yet) under review, and when the battle arena decks were released, i simply switched the review tags to the battle arena versoins.  

When you search "Mewtwo-EX" in your collection (showing both owned and unowned presumably), the second RA Mewtwo EX NXD (also happens to be the last mewtwo ex in the list) is the battle arena mewtwo.  

This is however not the same for Darkrai, as when you search "Darkrai-EX" in your collection, the first one of the two from DEX is the battle arena version.  

When you search "Rayquaza-EX" in your collection (showing both owned and unowned presumably), the second RA Rayquaza EX DRX (and like the mewtwo, it happens to be the last one in the list) is the battle arena rayquaza.  

Whereas, when you search "Keldeo-EX" in your collection (showing both owned and unowned presumably), the first BCR version in the list is the battle arena version.  

I swear on all my shaymins that the information I present you with is 100000% accurate.  

Basically, use this information to your advantage, and mark the battle arena versions of the card under review yourself.  You'll see that this is correct, as you notice that most of the trades on the pub (at least 90%) for these cards, are offering the battle arena version, rather than the pack pulled version.  

EDIT: What I wrote here was wrong.  When you search "Keldeo-EX" in your collection, the second keldeo in the list is the battle arena version.  

They have a slightly different pattern in more of a rainbow way, but if you want to check for yourself go check in unowned cards and compare them

Naah, this isn't true.  On both my laptop and iPad, these card versions are absolutely 100% identical.  There's no way to tell them apart, unless you tag one "for review" or something similar.

Whereas, when you search "Keldeo-EX" in your collection (showing both owned and unowned presumably), the first BCR version in the list is the battle arena version.  

I swear on all my shaymins that the information I present you with is 100000% accurate.

^^ Oh buddy, how many Shaymins do you own?  It might be a typo, but this (above) is 1000000% wrong.  Do I get all of them now?

Because, when you search in your collection, the first BCR Keldeo-EX (on the left), is the "pack" version.  The second one (on the right) is the Battle Arena version.

I own these cards, having pulled them from the packs personally, and when you search your collection...

Darkrai EX [DEX 63]

Left = Battle Arena

Right = Pack Version

Mewtwo EX [NXD 54]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Battle Arena

Keldeo EX [bCR 49]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Battle Arena

Rayquaza EX [DRX 85]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Battle Arena

Important.  If you look at these cards, using the Card Info ("evolutions") window -- using the arrow, on bottom right of a card -- I don't know why, but the order of these cards is different.

Darkrai EX [DEX 63]

Left = Battle Arena

Right = Pack Version

Mewtwo EX [NXD 54]

Left = Battle Arena

Right = Pack Version

Keldeo EX [bCR 49]

Left = Battle Arena

Right = Pack Version

Rayquaza EX [DRX 85]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Battle Arena

Naah, this isn't true.  On both my laptop and iPad, these card versions are absolutely 100% identical.  There's no way to tell them apart, unless you tag one "for review" or something similar.

^^ Oh buddy, how many Shaymins do you own?  It might be a typo, but this (above) is 1000000% wrong.  Do I get all of them now?

Because, when you search in your collection, the first BCR Keldeo-EX (on the left), is the "pack" version.  The second one (on the right) is the Battle Arena version.

I own these cards, having pulled them from the packs personally, and when you search your collection...

Darkrai EX [DEX 63]

Left = Battle Arena

Right = Pack Version

Mewtwo EX [NXD 54]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Battle Arena

Keldeo EX [bCR 49]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Battle Arena

Rayquaza EX [DRX 85]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Battle Arena

Important.  If you look at these cards, using the Card Info ("evolutions") window -- using the arrow, on bottom right of a card -- I don't know why, but the order of these cards is different.

Darkrai EX [DEX 63]

Left = Battle Arena

Right = Pack Version

Mewtwo EX [NXD 54]

Left = Battle Arena

Right = Pack Version

Keldeo EX [bCR 49]

Left = Battle Arena

Right = Pack Version

Rayquaza EX [DRX 85]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Battle Arena

:o I double checked and you're right, the battle arena keldeo is on the right side.  My apologies.  (I did have them marked correctly, what I wrote however was incorrect).  

I do mark a lot of cards this way for the reverse cards (Dark ones mainly which shine nothing) and had some of that EX but not 100% sure if my marks were right.

I checked the answers and it seems I was on the right way (but for Mewtwo that was unmarked as I don't have none LOL)

Also checked public trades and it seems so, most of them right now are the ones from Arena (so you can theoretically guess a bit).

Noticed Keldeo from Arena seems to shine a lot more than the one from the pack. Darkrai have a slight difference only (that dark cards...) but also the Arena shines more. Over Rayquaza the one from Arena seems to shine more spread, while the one from the pack seems to shine a big part together. I forgot to look at Mewtwo :lol:  Anyway, who can be sure just for the shine?

So thanks a lot you all. I guess there are no more cards in-game in this situation, right?

I do mark a lot of cards this way for the reverse cards (Dark ones mainly which shine nothing) and had some of that EX but not 100% sure if my marks were right.

I checked the answers and it seems I was on the right way (but for Mewtwo that was unmarked as I don't have none LOL)

Also checked public trades and it seems so, most of them right now are the ones from Arena (so you can theoretically guess a bit).

Noticed Keldeo from Arena seems to shine a lot more than the one from the pack. Darkrai have a slight difference only (that dark cards...) but also the Arena shines more. Over Rayquaza the one from Arena seems to shine more spread, while the one from the pack seems to shine a big part together. I forgot to look at Mewtwo :lol:  Anyway, who can be sure just for the shine?

So thanks a lot you all. I guess there are no more cards in-game in this situation, right?

Thats correct.  The aforementioned 4 EX cards are currently the only battle arena EX cards.  

Here in the next couple days, we're going to start seeing 3 more EX's with this situation.  I'm not sure of the official release date (mine arrive tomorrow), but Legendary Battle Decks are coming soon. ...featuring Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos.  These 3 EX's all come from Plasma Storm.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/legendary-battle-decks/

When you search your collection (may need to check "show not owned"), you'll see...

Articuno EX [PLS 25]

Left = Legendary Deck

Right = Pack Version

Moltres EX [PLS 14]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Legendary Deck

Zapdos EX [PLS 48]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Legendary Deck

Here in the next couple days, we're going to start seeing 3 more EX's with this situation.  I'm not sure of the official release date (mine arrive tomorrow), but Legendary Battle Decks are coming soon. ...featuring Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos.  These 3 EX's all come from Plasma Storm.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/legendary-battle-decks/

When you search your collection (may need to check "show not owned"), you'll see...

Articuno EX [PLS 25]

Left = Legendary Deck

Right = Pack Version

Moltres EX [PLS 14]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Legendary Deck

Zapdos EX [PLS 48]

Left = Pack Version

Right = Legendary Deck

Absolutely great to know. Will trust you :P

Thank you!

As a side-note, I opened these Legendary Battle Decks last night. Just a couple observations for people who plan on getting them....

Each box comes with 2 EX's, and they are in fact alternate versions of previous cards, as shown in the post above. They look identical to the cards "pulled" from booster packs.

Each box comes with a Team Plasma Silver Coin.  It's a new color, but looks the same as previous Team Plasma coins.

And, like many other decks that come from promo tins/boxes, or other theme decks, there are "new" cards.  They're not really "new," but merely non-holo versions (whereas the one from packs is holo/foil).  Many people will consider these "unobtainable," since they don't plan to buy these Legendary decks. They are tradable however.

Articuno deck:

1 x Ghetsis (supporter)

1 x Kyurem [PLF 31]

Moltres deck:

1 x Ghetsis (supporter)

1 x Absol [PLF 67]

2 x Infernape [PLS 17]

2 x Umbreon [PLF 64]

Zapdos deck:

2 x Magnezone [PLS 46]

Archived