trainer challenge is too easy [nightmare mode suggestion]

ahoodedman

before you say "go on hard mode"

I have allready tried hard mode and stopped because it was to easy, every deck I have ever played I have won 95% of the time [on trainer challenge].

I even bothered to get the worst theme deck, and I still won

I think there should be a nightmare mode where the computer uses night march

were the computer uses better decks that made it so you need to retry, lots of times to beat them.

for example Mick [the fire trainer] could use a volcanion/volcanion ex deck [that is strong but not too strong].

as for rewards I feel this is a good idea  

you see 3 [random] boosters [standard] you get to pick 1 of them to keep [that is trade locked] the way to get this reward is the same as before.

Sorry if there is any spelling/grammar mistakes

I like this idea.  The first thing I would like to point out is: no one here was about to tell you to play hard mode. :P We all know how outrageously easy the trainer challenge is.  Secondly, perhaps the biggest problem with your idea is how terrible the AI is.  It could most certainly  be done, but TPCI would have to make a much better program, and currently there are zero plans for that.  Hopefully this thread will change that. :D 

I like this idea.  The first thing I would like to point out is: no one here was about to tell you to play hard mode. :P We all know how outrageously easy the trainer challenge is.  Secondly, perhaps the biggest problem with your idea is how terrible the AI is.  It could most certainly  be done, but TPCI would have to make a much better program, and currently there are zero plans for that.  Hopefully this thread will change that. :D 

Yes you are right the AI needs to be boosted as well

Yes you are right the AI needs to be boosted as well

Nooo don't do that :(. The AI being terrible is the only reason we can even win with the old theme decks.

Why dont u play versus? It got the world best AI that can easily win you.

Dont underestimate this ai, when i newbie i lose so much until i wanna cry. Lose rate of over 95%,

But thanks to my younger brother support and guidance, and my love for tcg, i hang on until i can survive.

Why dont u play versus? It got the world best AI that can easily win you.

Dont underestimate this ai, when i newbie i lose so much until i wanna cry. Lose rate of over 95%,

Golden!

Nooo don't do that :(. The AI being terrible is the only reason we can even win with the old theme decks.

There could be a option to edit the ai

Hmmm... Probably good for this idea. Why?: You think that when a pokemon on the other team has enough energy to use a 80 damage it attack, it would use it instead of it's "Search for a water energy" abillity.

• 4 weeks later...

There should be an option to lower the difficulty of the AI if you have a losing streak of more than 5 or 10 with the same deck against the same opponent.  This way, those of us with HG/SS decks can get our pack unlocks.

• 1 month later...

Agree... If I can beat them with lolBolt Twister without any problem something is not right... It is good that they are bad for unloxks, but sometimes I want entertaining Single Player experiences. I would lie if I said that the fact that another online tcg offers this is the main reason I play that one at all... This is 2016. Good single player experiences in online tcgs is a basic feature and selling point at this rate. Afaik this game is like one of the worst on this field save some lost sheeps who offers no single player at all.

Have you used HGSS decks?

Those can indeed be a challenge, and have led to the new trainers being called too hard!

I think they need a better AI, but it needs to level up with the cup rather than just giving it better decks.

• 1 month later...

If there really is a nightmare-mode I wish getting 400 tokens + 2 random Packs the first win, and the following trainers have:

Zach: Shaymin-EX (Set Up) x1 + Lugia-EX (Aero Ball) x3

Mick: Volcanion-EX x4

Calvin: Wailord-EX x4

Ali: Mewtwo-EX (Damage Change) x4 and M Mewtwo-EX (Psychic Infinity) x2 + Mew-EX x2

Kendall: Yveltal-EX (Evil Ball) x4

Ella: Lucario-EX x4 and M Lucario-EX x2

Cammie: Glaceon-EX x4

Grayson: Jolteon: EX x4

Penelope: Gengar-EX x4 and M Gengar-EX x2 (Phantom Gate)

Daniel: Zygarde-EX x4

Trainer's Decks will have "weakness policy " card, so you can't beat them by weakness)

If you manage to beat 'em all you get 3 Cards of your choice (Can be tradable or locked) and 2,000 tokens)

That will be awesome.

I think there should be a nightmare mode where the computer uses night march

were the computer uses better decks that made it so you need to retry, lots of times to beat them.

I laughed when i read this CX

Archived