I was just robbed of my win!

Adhir1995

Ok so setting the scene, My snorlax had rock guard and my opponents keldeo had 20 hp left, each of us had 1 prize card to take, when he attacked me for the KO rock guard made me take my prize first, then snorlax's KO made my opponent take his prize card

This should of ended in a tie but says that I lost D:

Can someone please explain why I lost?

Ok so setting the scene, My snorlax had rock guard and my opponents keldeo had 20 hp left, each of us had 1 prize card to take, when he attacked me for the KO rock guard made me take my prize first, then snorlax's KO made my opponent take his prize card

idk why it let you take prize card before opponent, but I think the effect of rock guard is applied after a Pokemon is damaged. So i think it's completely fine that your opponent won?

idk why it let you take prize card before opponent, but I think the effect of rock guard is applied after a Pokemon is damaged. So i think it's completely fine that your opponent won?

Nah I won like this with rock guard/rocky helm before, its just that I had no bench pokemon and he did so I lost by 1 more win condition as graywh said :D

Nah I won like this with rock guard/rocky helm before, its just that I had no bench pokemon and he did so I lost by 1 more win condition as graywh said :D

:P glad you got helped and today I learned something new 9_9 but what if you both had 2-2 benched pokes?

It is a bug...

Numbers of win conditions have no effect on this! 

A draw is a draw.

You shut have a remach with 1 price each i have done that 5-6 times... In 2 years...

It is very rare but it happens...

Contact support and inform the about the problem, if you see it again get a copy of the game log.

:P glad you got helped and today I learned something new 9_9 but what if you both had 2-2 benched pokes?

everything got shuffled into the deck and you 2 start a deathmatch (each player will have 1 prize only)

It is a bug...

Numbers of win conditions have no effect on this! 

A draw is a draw.

You shut have a remach with 1 price each i have done that 5-6 times... In 2 years...

It is very rare but it happens...

Contact support and inform the about the problem, if you see it again get a copy of the game log.

You should try reading the rules.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/rules

WHAT IF BOTH PLAYERS WIN AT THE SAME TIME?

You win if you take your last Prize card or if your opponent has no Benched Pokémon to replace his or her Active Pokémon if it is Knocked Out (or otherwise removed from play). This makes it possible for both players to win at the same time. If this happens, play Sudden Death. However, if you win in both ways and your opponent wins in only one way, you are the victor!

Keep in mind that the TCGO tournaments use overtime, but VS. does not.  This helps with time, connection, blah blah blah, but it does mean that many more people are clueless about these rulings.

Number of win conditions has no effect, before [year or so ago] I had a competitive match in real life, and something like this happened with bursting balloon, 1 player got the last of their prizes and the other [me] had no more pokemon to fight giving us both a win counditon. we both entered a deathmatch [where both players have 1 prize card]. 

The reason you lost the game is that rock guard takes effect after you get damaged, and ptcgo vs matches only are best out of 1, so it took the rock guard effect after causing you to lose the game, however taking your prizes first is a bug.

hope I helped

The reason you lost the game is that rock guard takes effect after you get damaged, and ptcgo vs matches only are best out of 1, so it took the rock guard effect after causing you to lose the game, however taking your prizes first is a bug.

The order in which the players take their prizes is irrelevant because you don't check for win conditions until after both players have taken their prizes.

For everyone wondering if its a bug or not, from what i saw I had no benched pokemon and my opponent did so he had 1 more win condition than me, also in the video game this also happened to me where:

My opponent and I had both 1 pokemon each with low hp, I had ferrothorn and opponent had mega rayquaza

My opponent attacked and I lost all my HP, but he was knockout first from my iron barbs ability + rocky helmet resulting in me winning the match, I think I may still have that replay

So I think it works the same in the trading card game as it is emulated 

Archived