Return of the Originals

GrewupGeek

Hey folks, to those who been collecting the cards from day one, am I the only one looking forward to see cards from the Base Set return in the XY-Evolution pack?  Even though I still have the originals, would be nice to have a reason to play the old cards, even though they would have to come from the new pack.

Hey folks, to those who been collecting the cards from day one, am I the only one looking forward to see cards from the Base Set return in the XY-Evolution pack?  Even though I still have the originals, would be nice to have a reason to play the old cards, even though they would have to come from the new pack.

They're not the exact same cards from the Base Set, more of an updated/retooled version of many of the Base Set cards. Most have new HP, tweaks to the energy/damage for some attacks, as well as some different effects.

• 1 month later...

I am very new to collecting (2 weeks in) but was was collecting at the start of the 1st edition. I have a 4 year old who got me back into it when he started to watch pokemon on netflix and wanting the toys. As a kid i never got into the actual game just the collecting aspect and thats how it started again except 2 days ago thought i would check out the codes i get and actually enjoying playing online wich i didnt expect need alot more code cards so more excuse to collect haha. Getting the evolutions is a blast from the past and holds abit of nostalgia when seekng my favourit cards as a kid.

Archived