Devs, please don't take our ability to speak.

IcyTheLucario

​Before I even start, no this will not be a salt-filled rant.
But its gonna be a rant.

​Pokémon has always impressed me with its ability to bring people together, no matter how tough, old, smart whatever.
​Its a community.

​I've been around on the online TCG for quite a while. I can't quite remember when I started but it was certainly before X/Y set. It was this online TCG that made me even like the cards anyway. The online TCG has had a lot of bugs and a lot of issues but the devs always made up for them after.

Pokémon is one of my favorite series so it makes sense I would like the card game, however one of my other top favorite series also has a card game but I don't play it too much for one reason.. 
​I've played a lot of online card games, but none of them catch my eye and they all​ have one extremely disappointing feature that makes everything feel static​..
​Canned chat.

​I've always hated that in a battle you only had 3-5 boring and rarely-can-be-used in the way you mean messages. You could never interoperate them in the ways you wanted. I'd rather be facing a player who isn't chatting compared the inability to chat- Its the idea that we can talk to them like a human.

​-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​But moving on and a bit more to the point:
​This is a terrible, community killing idea.
​Maybe a bit too much to the point?

​I know I know, as devs I'm sure you get overloaded with complaints and reports. And that likely makes it look like its a lot more than it is.. But here's the thing, you guys get the over-load of it all. A lot of people just go to the forums to complain only *Cough*What I'm doing right now.*Cough*  ​but as someone whos been playing for quite a while: I can only think of about three times ive actually had someone be salty. And one of those people even tried to add me afterwards!

​I nearly always say hello. (Like a human, that is.)
I wish people good luck on tournaments, and usually get it back.
​I ask people if they'd be willing to help me with a challenge, and I get asked for help myself. And I do help them.
​I complement a deck, I get complements.
​I apologize for my laggy internet and ive yet to have anyone say anything bad back besides "Its fine/all good/ no problem" And because of that I'm more inclined to wait on slow players myself.
​Someone doesn't understand what happened during a battle, I help and explain.
​I say how unlucky my hand is, and they might do the same.
​I want to laugh at a joke deck, and "hear" reactions when they see mine.
​And I might even get into a conversation about how late it is from someone ​on the other side of the world.
​That's a community.

But its just battles right?
​Well, that's the main feature isn't it?
​I've added a very large amount of people over the times playing this. 30% Trades %10 In lobby and the rest in battles.

​I don't want to chat in the lobby, I want to do something.
I want to say hello, complement a deck strategy ive never seen and ask how it works. ​Plus I have a serious habit of spaming out of battles once its over and I never remember to add someone..
​Truth be told I'm not perfect. I tend to not say anything at all and complain to myself(out of chat) when I see ​the sixth deck based on evil/x/areo ball EXes IN A ROW.
​But I enjoy knowing I have the power to talk than knowing I can't.

Having the ability to talk makes it feel like I'm facing a person​ and not just playing a game alone.

​Plus if you really insist on canning the chat, why did you give us 4 lines of duologue and not the OLD system? Or, what was the point of adding a MUTE when you essentially already muted us?

​I'll sit around and accept that we don't have a unlimited mode.
​I'll sit around and miss some of the features with Friend Battles.
But I'm not going to sit around and let the chat be destroyed along with the community.
​It already has the boring static feeling, and I'm not going to lie, while I take breaks from the TCG from time to time I don't see myself playing much anymore now.

​With all due respect, it may just be chat to you but you aren't removing just a chat- You are removing the feeling of playing another person. You are removing sportsmanship (Yes, both good and bad.) and a vital part of community.
​And without, its just sorta..Dull.

So please, PLEASE, don't ruin something for all of us just because of the actions of a few. This is NOT the solution

​Pokémon is a community, please keep it like that!

Please keep discussion of this topic to the larger threads already active. I'm going to go ahead and close this up to prevent clutter. Thanks!

Archived